inside catastrophe adjusterAllstate Insurance Company, - Northbrook, IL
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Inside Catastrophe Adjuster in Northbrook, IL!
The Adjusting Function is responsible for verifying policy coverage and limits. The Adjusting function investigates and evaluates damage and/or liability; estimates damages, losses, or total indemnity; sets and maintains reserves; and/or negotiates and settles claims. Catastrophe (CAT) claims result from catastrophic weather events, such as hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes, and other man-made catastrophic events as well as local office load balancing claims and can include auto, commercial, flood and/or property losses.
Under general supervision, this job is responsible for investigating, negotiating and settling basic CAT personal property or liability insurance claims. The individual handles basic coverage investigations, fast track estimating and losses that do not require an outside adjusters inspection and works directly with clients. This individual reviews the insurance policy, reviews reports and photos, evaluates damages, determines loss coverage, negotiates and settles claims and authorizes payments. In addition to their adjusting duties, as a CAT adjuster, this individual also may infrequently, and under extensive direction from unit members, assist in workflow management when a mega-event occurs. This individual is expected to be gaining experience in delivering compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention. The individual is capable of working independently, prioritizing the individuals own responsibilities, and managing the individuals own workload. The individual is also gaining experience in meeting band level behaviors, production, quality and/or customer service goals.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
- May handle first notice of loss of water damage claims
Coverage, Liability and Evaluation
- Investigates, reviews, determines and verifies coverage/policy information
- Provides coverage explanation to customer
- Reviews, evaluates and submits potential underwriting referral actions
- Reviews/approves basic repair estimate
- Prepares basic damage estimates
- Organizes and reconciles bills
- Conducts fast track estimating - this is the main function of the adjuster
- Handles ALE (additional living expense) claims as needed
- Handles contents inventories and pricing analysis and prepares claims reports
- Estimates water damage in a dwelling and hail damage
Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
- Negotiates and settles claims in accordance with business unit best practices
Other Projects and Responsibilities
- Interprets and applies all state and storm issues across all states
- Basic knowledge of all regional construction types and related repair methodologies
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to interact effectively with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Gaining knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Gaining knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Gaining ability to apply industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Gaining knowledge of basic analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Gaining knowledge of standardized problem solving and preparation of basic reports for analysis
- Gaining ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Gaining negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Gaining ability to apply conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle basic claims
- Provides individual decision making within authority limits
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Requisition #: ******
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
4 days 1 hour ago
applyinside catastrophe adjuster Allstate Insurance Company, - Northbrook, IL, United States
The Allstate Foundation brings the relationships, reputation and resources of Allstate to support innovative and lasting solutions that enhance people's well-being and prosperity. Since 1952, The Allstate Foundation has been dedicated to a straightforward purpose: helping people. We have created practical, proven programs for thousands of individuals and families to help them overcome personal challenges and uncertainties - leading to better, safer lives. The Allstate Foundation supports a range of programs across the nation, in the Chicago area (our backyard) and at the state and local level. In every case, we direct our resources and support toward areas that fulfill our commitment to help protect and prepare people across the nation.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Material Damage Inside Adjuster I
- Claims Manager- Catastrophe Claims
- Claims Adjuster - Large Loss Property
- catastrophe entry level inside property adjuster
View More Jobs in Northbrook, IL:
- View More Jobs in Northbrook, IL
- More inside catastrophe adjuster Jobs in Northbrook, IL
- More Insurance Jobs in Northbrook, IL
- More Allstate Insurance Company, Jobs in Northbrook, IL
View More Jobs in Illinois:
- View More Jobs in Illinois
- More inside catastrophe adjuster Jobs in Illinois
- More Insurance Jobs in Northbrook, IL
- More Allstate Insurance Company, Jobs in Illinois