Weld EngineerTower International - Greenville, SC
Provide the necessary welding skills and leadership to the Engineering and Operations departments to achieve optimal levels of safety, quality, productivity and delivery to assure internal and external customer satisfaction.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a senior level position, which represents the attainment of specialized knowledge in breadth and depth. Understands advanced concepts within professional discipline. Applies knowledge and experience to complex situations. Recommends solutions to complex issues. Performs independently and uses experience to guide actions. Mentors less experienced colleagues.
- Support the Company''s mission, vision and values in performance of daily activities.
- Provide key input into the development of departmental strategic goals along with identifying key measurable to support the departmental goals.
- Specify welding equipment, welding consumables, electrical and mechanical systems, robotic systems, and any related components associated with the welding process.
- Recommend and develop preventative maintenance procedures for all plant welding equipment including robotic systems. Evaluate processes and procedures to maintain or improve weld parameters and weld efficiency.
- Assist in development of the weld quality control process.
- Guides design, develops and tests welding methods, materials, processes and results.
- Assist Quality Assurance department in maintaining weld integrity. Interface with manufacturing and maintenance to resolve welding and welding system issues.
- Assist with MRO crib activities.
- Support project engineering on new and existing programs.
- Assist in the integration, start-up and debug of plant floor welding equipment.
- Champion assigned engineering changes, communicate and coordinate accordingly to all departments.
- Train, coach and mentor the welding process for weld engineers, manufacturing and skilled trades colleagues.
- Support plant activities towards achieving customer awards and Quality registration (TS 16949, ISO 14001, etc.)
- Direct and/or participate in root cause analysis and team problem solving activities (ex. 8D reports, department meetings, etc.).
- Responsible for adhering to all OSHA required safety procedures in performing daily work activities.
- Assure all safety devices are properly in place and utilized and verify individual usage of personal protective equipment (PPE) by all the work team.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ex. Quality Policy Manual, Colleague Handbook, Level II Procedures etc.)
Reports directly to the Engineering Manager. Interfaces on a frequent basis with Operations, Materials, Tool and Die and Quality. Interfaces on an as needed basis with HR, IT, Purchasing, Accounting, Maintenance and corporate Engineering.
- Ability to identify, select, train and coach engineering talent.
- Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
- Bachelor''s Degree in weld/robotics engineering or equivalent, CWI, CWE. Master''s Degree preferred.
- Six or more years of related technical, hands on experience in manual and automated welding processes.
- Working knowledge MIG welding processes
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, product designs, safety, quality and workflow
- Excellent hands on welding and training skills.
- Knowledge in robotic welding and material handling applications.
- Knowledge in robotic programming (ex. ABB, Fanuc robots, etc.)
- Understanding of electrical/controls circuitry and schematics.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and weld drawings
- Knowledge of NEC, OSHA and machine safety, electrical safety, robotic safety and machine guarding components; high level of safety awareness in a manufacturing environment.
- Specialized knowledge of the following:
- Weld power source, wire feeder, torch and reamer
- Plasma cutting, grinding and rework applications
- Weld shielding gas technologies
- Electrical enclosures and power requirements for welding
- Customer welding specifications and testing requirements
- Gas metal arc welding
- Resistance spot welding
- Computer literacy and good knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to read and write in English and perform mathematical calculations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Duties include but are not limited to: stand, walk, twist, bend, lift, see, talk, and hear. May be required to travel. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration and hazardous materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by colleagues assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions.
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
11 days 15 hours ago
applyWeld Engineer Tower International - Greenville, SC, United States
Tower International is a leading integrated global manufacturer of engineered structural metal components and assemblies. The company supplies the automotive industry with body-structure stampings, frames and other chassis structures, as well as complex welded assemblies for small and large cars, crossovers, pickups and SUVs. We are well diversified geographically, which positions us to participate in growth opportunities as they occur over time around the world and mitigates the impact of regional production fluctuations on our business.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Product Development Engineer - Engineering
- Quality Engineer
- Embedded Software Engineer
- Mechanical Design Engineer
View More Jobs in Greenville, SC:
- View More Jobs in Greenville, SC
- More Weld Engineer Jobs in Greenville, SC
- More Engineering Jobs in Greenville, SC
- More Tower International Jobs in Greenville, SC
View More Jobs in South Carolina:
- View More Jobs in South Carolina
- More Weld Engineer Jobs in South Carolina
- More Engineering Jobs in Greenville, SC
- More Tower International Jobs in South Carolina