Warehouse WorkerPPG Industries - Albany, NY
Warehouse Worker','1800002568','United States-New York-Albany','PPG','Full-time','No','May 8, 2018','!*!
PPG: We protect and beautify the world.
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
Why join us:
With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged. Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
This opening is at our distribution center located in Guilderland Center, Albany County, NY.
Incumbent performs general warehouse duties to include shipping and receiving of goods, picking orders and multiple other warehouse tasks related to the shipping and receiving of materials and finished products. S/he must achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction by ensuring prompt and accurate processing of orders while conducting all activities with the utmost safety.
1. Unload incoming trailers from plant or suppliers of finished goods using hand or electric powered equipment. Check incoming shipments and place material in proper storage bin locations while maintaining proper stock rotation of materials.
2. Process all types of orders (stock, UPS, etc) efficiently and without error. Incumbent will maximize efficiency by utilizing available computer enhancements, labor saving devices and following distribution best practices regarding efficient work flow/processing. Prepare bill-of-ladings for truck shipments ensuring all required inputs are entered into the SDI system. Prepares shipping papers for UPS and FedEx shipments. Obtains proof of delivery from truck lines on outbound shipments. Schedules shipping of products from warehouse to customer by telephoning local truck lines. This includes screening outgoing shipments that can be consolidated to realize maximum economy on shipping charges. Assists loading out shipments by outside carriers or customer pick-ups.
3. Understand and adhere to all applicable DOT, OSHA, EPA, EEO, ISO and other PPG policies procedures and regulations. Furthermore, incumbent must be proficient in understanding and adhering to hazardous material clean-up procedures.
4. Handle routine warehouse telephone correspondence with customers calling for placement of orders. As orders are being placed, advise customers of availability of items ordered.
5. Participate in inventory and audits as required. Ongoing will ensure times replenishment and identification of potential material shortages.
6. Participate in QAT (Quality Action Teams) and CAT (Corrective Action Teams) as appropriate. Incumbent must participate in safety meetings, safety observations, and all other required meetings.
7. Perform minor maintenance as required on warehouse equipment including the electric/manual pallet jack, forklift and other special equipment related to the distribution center. Furthermore, s/he performs general housekeeping practices to ensure operation of a safe and well-maintained facility.
8. Assists the Distribution Manager, Assistant Manager or Supervisor in the performance of selected duties or special projects as required.
Because of the customer contact, it is imperative that the incumbent be tactful and courteous when processing orders, responding to questions and interacting with carriers.
Warehouse environment (95%) and office (5%). Must work with hazardous materials and be capable of moving 55 gallon drums.
This position requires flexibility due to changes in the daily work routine. The incumbent must be able to operate a variety of material handling equipment including drum handling equipment, dock leveling equipment, paper jogger, automated and manual stretch wrapper, paper cutter, picking platform, irrigation system, computer, truck restraint devices, telephone, bar code scanning device, automatic parcel device, can clipping machine, copier etc. Incumbent must possess/develop a comprehensive working knowledge of the entire Refinish product line and that of sundry items and other brands carried in the distribution center. To support customer service goals, s/he must be willing to be cross-trained in other key functions as required.
','!*!Experience and Education
Successful incumbent should possess basic reading, writing, mathematical and communication skills in order to process orders and complete paperwork as necessary.
S/he should have a minimum of one to two years warehouse/manufacturing experience. Experience in the area of paint and/or hazardous materials is a plus.
Functional and Technical Skills
Skill and behaviors crucial to the job include good interpersonal skills, detail oriented, basic computer skills, and organizational skills. Furthermore, successful incumbents must be able to lift heavy objects and stand on one’s feet for extended periods of time. Varying shift work and overtime may be required on occasion. Previous fork-truck and hand-jack experience beneficial.
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check. PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You may request a copy of PPG’s affirmative action plan by emailing email@example.com. To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity please see attached links: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdfhttps://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdfhttps://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
15 days 15 hours ago
Please review all application instructions before applying.
PPG Industries' vision is to continue to be the world’s leading coatings and specialty products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world. Sales in 2012 were $15.2 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: PPG).
Jobs You Might Also Like
- 2nd Shift Warehouse Technician
- Material Handler - Warehouse Worker
- Warehouse Technician
Clifton Park, NY
- Warehouse Person (Loader) (Ft/Nights/Seasonal)
- Warehouse Labor/Delivery Driver Day Shift Albany, NY area
View More Jobs in Albany, NY:
- View More Jobs in Albany, NY
- More Warehouse Worker Jobs in Albany, NY
- More Logistics Jobs in Albany, NY
- More PPG Industries Jobs in Albany, NY
View More Jobs in New York:
- View More Jobs in New York
- More Warehouse Worker Jobs in New York
- More Logistics Jobs in Albany, NY
- More PPG Industries Jobs in New York