Warehouse Coordinator-LUM Order Picker-Mon-Fri 12P-8PMOwens & Minor, Inc. - Mounds View, MN
Description Job Title Warehouse Coordinator-LUM Order Picker-Mon-Fri 12P-8PM Location Mounds View, MN, US Organization Name DC 66 Minneapolis Department Description POSITION SUMMARY
This position works at the Owens & Minor Mounds View Minnesota distribution center in the Low Unit of Measure, LUM, fulfillment department. It is full time, 12PM to 8PM, 2nd shift hours working Monday through Friday. Applicants must be able to work holidays and overtime. This is a fast paced, high volume order picking position utilizing bar code and voice recognition technology. Candidates must be capable of standing, walking and picking for the entire shift. Position may also assist in preparing orders for shipment and with inventory replenishment tasks. A high level of accuracy, attention to detail, a sense of urgency and excellent attendance are a must. Order picking and material handling equipment are a plus.
Brief Description POSITION SUMMARY
Responsible for ensuring that all warehouse functions are completed accurately and on time. Keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment. Responsible for filling customer orders and delivering them to the delivery platform in a manner that meets Company standards for safety, security, and productivity. Responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders filled. Checks outbound shipments for accuracy and readiness for customer delivery. Detailed Description ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: SHIPPING & RECEIVING 1. Ensures the accuracy of all shipping/receiving documents and gathers and maintains all data and records relative to shipping/receiving activities.
2. Assures that shipping/receiving counts match picking/purchase order documents and assists in resolving any discrepancies.
3. Collects all documentation for outbound freight and ensures all documents including receiving paperwork are filed appropriately.
4. Pick orders to be shipped as needed, ensure proper labels and paperwork have been applied before shipping and examine outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
5. Schedules inbound and outbound freight to comply with warehouse operations and capacities in conjunction with the Warehouse Manager.
6. Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
7. Identifies backorders and places merchandise in designated holding area for expedited handling.
8. Receives UPS orders and subdivides into separate product category for verification and stocking activities.
9. Verifies (recounts) orders received by others to ensure accuracy of incoming merchandise.
10. Utilize material warehouse management system to ascertain catalog number, size, color, and quantity of merchandise to be picked from bins, shelves, or locations.
11. Picks customer orders for shipment, ensuring that the correct number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
12. Utilize material handling equipment, safely and efficiently, to transport product to shipping locations or delivery platforms and ensuring orders are staged in order of delivery.
13. Organize items of pallet by hospital unit as necessary and repacks and weigh orders which require special handling.
14. Maintains warehouse equipment by noting and reporting any damage or malfunction and connecting battery to recharging station at the end of shift.
15. Assists in maintaining the security and safety of the warehouse.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Place incoming merchandise into inventory.
2. Conduct physical inventories as required
3. Operate forklifts to unload trucks.
4. Performs additional duties as directed. Job Requirements Qualifications
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. General knowledge of a variety of basic topics, such as math, reading, basic accounting, typing, etc. Equal to a high school diploma. 2. Prior experience working in a distribution center a plus. Warehouse Certification and Operations Certification also a plus.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. 2. Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, team environment. 3. Must have a good attention to detail. 4. Must successfully pass pre-employment drug screen and background check. 5. Attendance must be kept in 'Green Zone' 6. Must be willing to learn how to use new equipment. 7. Must be willing to learn WMS Technology 8. Must adhere to all safety rules and requirements
OVERTIME 1. Ability to work all overtime hours Additional Details Work Environment
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS & WORK AIDS
1. Handhelds 2. Voice pick equipment 3. Material handling equipment (to include items such as: hand truck, forklift/reach trucks, cherry pickers) 4. Stretch wrap machines 5. Safety knives 6. Safety harnesses 7. Printers, computers and tablets
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS
1. Inside working conditions.
2. No environmental hazards indicated for this role.
1. Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
2. Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
3. Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; or up to 25 pounds of force frequently; or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
4. Visual Acuity: Closely viewing in order to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
PROTECTIVE FOOTWEAR REQUIREMENT
1. Warehouse Teammates are required to wear protective footwear that meets the ASTM F2413-11 standard in order to perform their job functions.
2. Teammates will need to provide their own protective footwear. Footwear will need to be available on the first day of employment.
How To Apply Applications are accepted on-line at the Owens & Minor website at www.owens-minor.com. Select careers at bottom of webpage, Warehouse and Production-find jobs, filter for Mounds View, Minnesota. Apply to Warehouse Coordinator, LUM Order Picker Mon thru Fri, 12PM to 8PM Amount of Travel No Travel
9 days 16 hours ago
applyWarehouse Coordinator-LUM Order Picker-Mon-Fri 12P-8PM Owens & Minor, Inc. - Mounds View, MN, United States
Owens & Minor, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a healthcare logistics company. The company offers supply chain assistance to the providers of healthcare services; and the manufacturers of healthcare products, supplies, and devices. Its service portfolio consists of procurement, inventory management, delivery, and sourcing for the healthcare market. The company also provides supplier management, analytics, outsourced resource management, clinical supply management, and business process consulting services; and warehousing and transportation solutions comprising storage, controlled-substance handling, cold-chain. The company delivers its services through fleet of trucks, common carrier, or parcel services. Owens & Minor, Inc. was founded in 1882 and headquartered in Mechanicsville, Virginia.
View More Jobs in Mounds View, MN:
- View More Jobs in Mounds View, MN
- More Warehouse Coordinator LUM Order Picker Mon Fri 12P 8PM Jobs in Mounds View, MN
- More Logistics Jobs in Mounds View, MN
- More Owens & Minor, Inc. Jobs in Mounds View, MN
View More Jobs in Minnesota:
- View More Jobs in Minnesota
- More Warehouse Coordinator LUM Order Picker Mon Fri 12P 8PM Jobs in Minnesota
- More Logistics Jobs in Mounds View, MN
- More Owens & Minor, Inc. Jobs in Minnesota