Vocational Rehabilitation Case ManagerThe Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc.
Vocational Rehabilitation Case Manager
Title: Vocational Rehabilitation Case ManagerLocation: United StatesJob Number: 1702783We are looking for Clinical and Vocational Rehabilitation Case Managers to work in the dynamic Group Disability Claims Offices to serve the needs of individuals who may not be able to work, due to a disability, and are requesting income replacement through their employer's Hartford Disability Insurance plan.
As a Vocational Rehabilitation Case Manager, you will be responsible for review of short and long term disability claims for possible case management involvement. The focus of this position is to assist disabled employees in returning to work with their own or other employers. This position will also assist the claim examining staff in evaluating vocational information to determine eligibility for benefits under group disability plans. This position requires a sound understanding of clinical issues and functional capabilities as they apply to disabled employees ability to work.
• Manage RTW referrals from Ability Analysts and Clinical Case Managers
• Documents resolution and status of all RTW referrals in DCS (Disability Claim System) and COT
• Escalates specific employer issues related to RTW, including failure to take employees back to work, to the appropriate Hartford and employer contacts
• Provides training to Ability Analysts to improve RTW referrals
• Contact physicians as needed to clarify current and future abilities, discuss incorporating RTW as part of the treatment plan, and collaborate on accommodations or additional treatment needed to achieve a safe, sustained RTW
• Interact with employers to identify RTW opportunities for employees who have filed LTD claims
• Collaborate with Center for Ability, the Job Accommodation Network (JAN) and other internal and external resources to identify tools and resources for claimants and employers that can be used to expedite RTW efforts
• Identify key jobs that have the most lost time incidence at large accounts, and work with employer contacts to provide modifications or alternate work to reduce lost time
• Discuss RTW with claimants, set RTW expectations and include them in RTW planning
• Collaborate with MCMs, BHCMs and RCMs to expedite RTW with own employer or to initiate intervention for those claimants where RTW with own employer is unlikely
• Educate Employers as to the benefits of RTW with modification
• Implement proactive approach with new accounts to establish RTW expectationsQualifications: QUALIFICATIONS
Master's degree in Counseling and CRC designation required.
Candidates may be certified Vocational Experts, Rehabilitation Counselors, or any other vocational professional whose expertise meets the needs of the clinical team.
Prefer candidates with 3 or more years of related experience.
Be knowledgeable of return to work best practices, ergonomics, FMLA, and related Human Resources topics required.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
This position may be worked remotely from home.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or ExpressionJob: Case Management
The Hartford Jobs
7 days 18 hours ago
applyVocational Rehabilitation Case Manager The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. - , , United States
The Hartford is in business to protect what is most valuable to customers—their homes, cars, businesses, income, and employees. We help individuals and businesses prepare for the unforeseen with insurance and income protection so they can prevail through loss, accident, or disability.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Vocational Rehabilitation Assistant I/II (PCN 07-7001)
- Vocational Rehabilitation Case Manager~ Philadelphia, Baltim...
- Nurse Case Manager- Genesee County
- Case Management Supervisor
- Counselor\/Case Manager (Youth Services)