Vice President, Retail Support - GrocerySafeway, Inc. - Boise, ID
Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw’s, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The VP of Retail Support is responsible for assisting divisions with the execution of merchandising priorities, displays, and sales initiatives throughout the company. They will serve as the link between corporate merchandising and each division’s retail operations team to ensure all merchandising programs and marketing campaigns are clearly communicated, and will partner with the divisions on planning and execution. This role also manages the oversight of sales and income targets and closely partners with the Regional C.O.O. and team to communicate results and program outcomes. The VP of Retail Support should be current on all industry trends in merchandising, marketing and space planning to improve our competitive advantage.
• Work with C.O.O. and divisions on maintaining corporate/ division store and brand standards.
• Support the division with strategic and tactical execution of company/divisional marketing plans including all signature programs.
• Ensure best practices are shared across divisions for increasing sales and running efficient operations while teaching and training as necessary.
• Partner with division management to ensure project objectives and communications are supporting individual store goals and targeted outcomes.
• Develop relationships with division management and operation’s specialist staff to support the execution of merchandising plans and initiatives.
• Partner with division merchandising to ensure marketing campaigns and offerings are tailored to meet local needs and properly reflect the appropriate demographic.
• Work with Regional C.O.O. and division teams on space planning layouts to ensure future new and remodeled stores include optimal layout and future strategic initiatives.
• Assist corporate and division teams with Joint Accelerated Growth process and merchandising plans.
• Analyze merchandising and product data reports across the division / store level and work to solve any problems or issues with sales, profit, inventory, shrink, space planning, etc.
• Act as a liaison between Consumer Brands and the division merchandising teams.
• Continually look for new product, merchandising trends and platforms throughout the industry that can positively impact our sales and merchandising objectives.
• Assist and guide multiple communication channels.
• Work with division leadership on delivering against all corporately planned capital expenditure projects.
• Ensure each division is compliant with all legislative, regulatory or company policies as they pertain to country of origin, food handling, and other food safety guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
10-15 years retail merchandising experience including perishable and non-perishable products and programs
5-8 years retail operations, marketing and finance experience.
Skills and Experiences:
• Demonstrated success record in collaborating with multiple functional areas to achieve overall company goals.
• Experienced with successfully leading large-scale projects across multiple retail locations.
• Ability to apply strategic and analytic thinking to develop best practice retail programs.
• Strong knowledge of marketing programs, advertising, impacting customer demand, sales and financial results.
• Proven leadership and ability to lead by influencing others both formally and informally.
• Ability to create an environment that fosters learning, teaching, growth, risk-taking, and innovation.
• Balances the needs of multiple stakeholders while maintaining strong executive level partnerships.
• Track record of creating innovative solutions that is differentiated and value-added for the customer.
• Highly self-motivated, assumes personal accountability for results and performance.
• Demonstrated track record as proactive trusted advisor/leader in an organization, particularly around strategic issues to drive results.
• Advanced knowledge of financial modeling and forecasting based data metrics and findings.
• Solid knowledge and understanding of the drivers of sales and marketing plans and their impact on profit, revenue and volume.
• Proven ability to objectively interpret research, extract insights, link to strategies, and communicate in a motivating way.
• Ability to implement innovative plans in reaction to a range of business and consumer challenges and to sell these programs at the division level.
• Ability to track and monitor results from multiple on-going merchandising plans across the divisions.
• Solid knowledge of interpreting and reviewing financial information, P & L statements and skills to determine relative revenue impact on income of merchandising programs.
• Ability to ask strategic and tactical questions leading to identification of root causes of problems; communication skills to motivate others to take action to address root causes and create solutions.
• Strong skills in researching multiple data bases/sources around products to develop cases to educate retail management that will lead to actions.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Company-wide, 75% or more
• Sits, stands or walks for extended periods of time.
• Bending, stooping and twisting required periodically.
• Prolonged time sitting in cars or airplane.
• Uses calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
• Workday is fast paced, some evening and weekend work may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Log In to Apply
Email A Friend
Log In to Apply
9 days 3 hours ago
applyVice President, Retail Support - Grocery Safeway, Inc. - Boise, ID, United States
In 1915, M.B. Skaggs, an ambitious young man in the small Idaho town of American Falls, purchased a tiny grocery store from his father. M.B.'s business strategy, to give his customers value and to expand by keeping a narrow profit margin, proved spectacularly successful. By 1926 he was opening 428 Skaggs stores in 10 states. M.B. almost doubled the size of his business that year when he merged his company with 322 Safeway (formerly Selig) stores and incorporated as Safeway, Inc. Two years later M.B. listed Safeway on the New York Stock Exchange. M.B. did not let the difficulties of the Great Depression dilute his pioneering focus on value for customers. In the 1930s Safeway introduced produce pricing by the pound, adding “sell by” dates on perishables to assure freshness, nutritional labeling, even some of the first parking lots.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Produce Buyer
Oklahoma City, OK
- Brand Director - Visual Merchandising
- Business Support Manager - Eden Prairie, MN
Eden Prairie, MN
- Nutritional Health Coach
View More Jobs in Boise, ID:
- View More Jobs in Boise, ID
- More Vice President Retail Support Grocery Jobs in Boise, ID
- More Retail Jobs in Boise, ID
- More 100K Jobs in Boise, ID
- More Safeway, Inc. Jobs in Boise, ID
View More Jobs in Idaho:
- View More Jobs in Idaho
- More Vice President Retail Support Grocery Jobs in Idaho
- More Retail Jobs in Boise, ID
- More 100K Jobs in Boise, ID
- More Safeway, Inc. Jobs in Idaho