Vice President, ICG Expenses and Headcount FP&A Lead AnalystCitigroup Inc - New York City, NY
Vice President, ICG Expenses and Headcount FP&A Lead Analyst','18040993','!*!Job Purpose:
To support the ICG Expenses & Headcount team (part of the ICG Financial Planning & Analysis team) covering overall ICG, as well as each of its individual businesses and supporting functions, including: Markets and Securities Services, Treasury & Trade Solutions, Corporate & Investment Banking, Private Bank, and Operations & Technology.
The ICG Expenses & Headcount team supports the ICG CFO and five Global Product LFOs by leading and managing all global financial and analysis processes related to approximately $20 billion of expenses and 55 thousand headcount in the ICG franchise, including compensation and non-compensation direct expenses, and allocations and charge-outs.
The approximately 50 employee team in NY, UK, Mumbai and Costa Rica manages the process and delivery of financial projections for plans and outlooks, identifies expenses risks and opportunities, proactively produces analysis of expense drivers, trends and performance relative to targets and external firm commitments, and supports other critical financial planning cycles including CCAR and MCST.
The team is also responsible for managing key global processes to identify, prioritize and monitor initiatives related to employee repositioning, business strategic investments, and productivity efforts to drive efficiencies, in addition to working closely with senior management and HR on global employee compensation and awards initiatives.
The candidate should have proven analytical skills, excellent in translating and summarizing data and information into professional presentations, detailed oriented, collaborative and able to manage and lead multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
ICG is comprised of four main businesses:
• Markets and Securities Services serves client needs for underwriting, sales and trading, distribution, research and analysis across various asset classes and currencies, sectors and industries, covering a vast array of products and leveraging trading floors located in over 80 countries
• Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) provides an integrated suite of cash management and trade finance services to multinational corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations across the globe. It has the industry's largest proprietary network with banking licenses in over 100 countries and globally integrated technology platforms
• Corporate and Investment Banking focuses on financial advisory and raising capital. It is organized in M&A, Equity and Debt origination, financing solutions, and Corporate Bankers who deliver Corporate Banking/Finance services to global, regional and local clients operating in multiple locations around the world
• The Private Bank targets Ultra High Net Worth individuals offering traditional and sophisticated Banking, Investment, Trust and Advisory services through closely managed relationships
• The Operations & Technology group focuses on delivering world-class services, operations and technology for all ICG’s businesses, managing a workforce of 30 thousand employees and contractors across the globe
The Expenses & Headcount team supports the ICG CFO, and five Global Products LFOs by leading and managing all global financial and analysis processes related to expenses and headcount for the ICG franchise.
These processes include: monthly results and business performance analysis, bi-weekly expenses and headcount outlooks, quarterly earnings release, the mid-year three-year forecasting (MYF), the three-year strategic Plan, CCAR and MCST.
In addition, the Expenses & Headcount team works closely with the Global Products, Regional and Corporate FP&A community, and manages relationships with several partners including Controllers, Human Resource business partners, Legal, among others, to track performance metrics and provide finance and analytical support to help the business to make key strategic decisions and drive improved operating efficiency.
Through various BAU and ad hoc assignments, this individual will learn in detail about the ICG’s expense and headcount base, its drivers and linkages with product revenues and the balance sheet use, in addition to having opportunity to work directly with the Head of Expenses & Headcount for ICG FP&A, as well as act as the main liaison with teams in India and Costa Rica in driving ICG-wide deliverables.
The candidate should be able to work well in a team environment and should be able to function under pressure and with an organized and proactive mindset. This role also requires working with multiple stakeholders simultaneously, including extensive interaction with the LFO teams.
ICG-wide Executive Decision Support for Expenses & Headcount:
• Support the management of guidance on global financial and analysis processes for expenses
• Create documents for regular senior management financial performance and strategy reviews
(e.g., Monthly or Quarterly Business Reviews, Outlooks, CCAR, Plan, External financial
conferences, among others)
• Support development, syndication and monitoring of expenses and headcount targets and
• Central coordinator for timely identification of expenses risks and opportunities by developing
solid relationships with Global Products and Regional FP&A teams
• Support the delivery of forward-looking, product agnostic analysis on expenses and headcount
to influence senior management to manage, contain and reduce expenses, and drive efficiencies
• Provide finance and analytical support to the ICG FP&A Head of Expenses & Headcount, and
it’s three director reports
• Oversight, coaching and development of a financial analyst and dedicated ICG-wide resources
in Mumbai and Costa Rica
• Attain in depth knowledge of ICG expense base and its businesses, products and financial and
• Deliver tangible financial value to ICG by providing analysis, insights and initiatives to manage,
monitor, prioritize and reduce expenses, influencing and supporting senior management decision
• Understanding impact of new regulations or accounting requirements on profitability and
• Knowledge of various key FP&A processes like Plan and CCAR through the coordination of ICG
• Develop business partner support relationships with Global Product LFOs teams, FP&A Heads
and teams of different ICG FP&A work streams
• Communicate (written and oral) clear and concise information to the business and within
• Proficient to use MS Office applications; excellent Excel modelling and superb PowerPoint
• Familiarity with Citi’s financial systems, and knowledge of expenses-related applications is a plus
(i.e. CHAT – Citi’s Headcount Analytical Tool, RMS – Citi’s Employee Repositioning
Management System, among others – JADE and PEARL – forecasting and actual financial
• An experienced person who has performed a Finance, Business Planning or Consulting role for a minimum of 5 years in a large organization
• Knowledge of Citi’s FP&A process cycle (Plan, CCAR, Outlooks, mid-year forecast and MCST, Earnings etc., financial systems and the firm’s P&L will be a plus
• Excellent academic background; minimum of a degree level
• Excellent communications skills (written / verbal)
• Professional presentations skills, able to articulate and summarize content and insights into ‘consulting-like’ presentations for senior management
• Results / task orientated with excellent attention to detail / high level of accuracy
• Solid problem solving and analytical skills
• Excelling MS Office skills including Excel and MS PowerPoint
• Drives results
• Analytical with sharp attention to detail
• Ability to work well as part of a team and autonomously
• Able to prioritise and manage multiple deliverables at the same time
','Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity','Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity','Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.','Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.','NAM-USA-NY-New York','','Finance','Full-time','Bachelor's Degree','Day Job','Regular','No','','','Vice President, ICG Expenses and Headcount FP&A Lead Analyst'
25 days 7 hours ago
applyVice President, ICG Expenses and Headcount FP&A Lead Analyst Citigroup Inc - New York City, NY, United States
Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with financial solutions that are simple, creative and responsible.
View More Jobs in New York City, NY:
- View More Jobs in New York City, NY
- More Vice President ICG Expenses and Headcount FP A Lead Analyst Jobs in New York City, NY
- More 100K Jobs in New York City, NY
- More Citigroup Inc Jobs in New York City, NY
View More Jobs in New York:
- View More Jobs in New York
- More Vice President ICG Expenses and Headcount FP A Lead Analyst Jobs in New York
- More 100K Jobs in New York City, NY
- More Citigroup Inc Jobs in New York