Utility Plant OperatorFluor Corporation. - Highlands Ranch, CO
*** Must have current or ability to obtain TS/SCI with CI Poly ***
Operates all equipment in the site utility plants. Maintains, monitors and adjusts the operation of steam boilers, chillers, air compressors, cooling towers, pumps, valves and auxiliary equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for the proper operation of the boiler, air compressor, and chiller systems. Monitors equipment and systems performance and makes required adjustments to maintain plant production within specified limits. Accurately takes and logs gauge and meter readings.
• Performs complex diagnostics, repairs, calibrations, modifications and routine service on a wide variety of facilities and building equipment, systems, structures and hardware, including air handlers, domestic water, chilled water, hot water, steam, building exhaust, compressed air, controls, lighting, electrical, security systems, fire systems, etc.
• Performs lubrication and other corrective and preventive maintenance as scheduled. Notifies Operations Supervisor of needed repairs.
• Evaluates problems with equipment plans repairs and modification to equipment, locates original or alternate parts to be ordered.
• Responds to emergency situations, switch to backup equipment, or shuts down equipment as conditions warrant.
• Reads local indicators/gauges and/or computer consoles at specified intervals to verify operating conditions. Utilizes manual, automatic and computerized controls to bring equipment into prescribed operating ranges.
• Logs equipment problems and informs the supervisor of items needing repair.
• Maintains records of operating conditions and actions taken.
• Assists in the performance of functional/operational tests to evaluate equipment/systems capability and reliability.
• Implements standard trade practices and procedures including appropriate safety precautions.
• Provides technical assistance to junior staff.
• Performs housekeeping, scheduled maintenance, calibrations and water quality checks as required.
• Maintains security of utility plant and “drive through\ gates in the compound.
• Monitors alarms for equipment in buildings 020E, 020W, 016 and 009W.
• Works rotating shifts, weekends and emergency calls.
• Complies with all Fluor Corporation safety requirements and programs.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site., Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or general equivalency degree (GED).
• Minimum 5 years of on the job or military equivalent experience with centrifugal chillers/compressors/steam boiler systems.
• Three years experience with utility plant systems and associated operations.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Colorado State Driver’s License
• Current EPA Refrigeration License or ability to obtain within 1 year
Current Stationary Engineering License or ability to obtain within 2 years
Other Job Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
8 days 20 hours ago
applyUtility Plant Operator Fluor Corporation. - Highlands Ranch, CO, United States
Fluor is a FORTUNE 500 company that delivers engineering, procurement, construction, maintenance (EPCM), and project management services to governments and clients in diverse industries around the world. Clients value Fluor's dependability, expertise, and safety to execute complex projects around the world.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Utilities Plant Operator I/II (Water)
- Park Ranger II-III (Operations Ranger/Utility Plant Operator...
Johnson City, TX
- UTILITY PLANT OPERATOR 2
- Utility Plant Operator
- Engineering Manager
View More Jobs in Highlands Ranch, CO:
- View More Jobs in Highlands Ranch, CO
- More Utility Plant Operator Jobs in Highlands Ranch, CO
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Highlands Ranch, CO
- More Fluor Corporation. Jobs in Highlands Ranch, CO
View More Jobs in Colorado:
- View More Jobs in Colorado
- More Utility Plant Operator Jobs in Colorado
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Highlands Ranch, CO
- More Fluor Corporation. Jobs in Colorado