User Experience Designer - Omaha, NEMutual of Omaha Insurance - Omaha, NE
User Experience Designer - Omaha, NE
Job no: ******
Work type: Full Time Regular
User Experience (UX) Designers are responsible for user-centered design, visualizing, and executing strategic user experiences. This role excels as a passionate designer, collaborator, customer advocate, and continuous learner. As a key member of our Digital Experience & Design team, the UX Designer is focused on creating delightful experiences that match user/customer needs with business goals, while reinforcing the Companys brand image. And, will work closely with a team of designers, developers, and content strategists, as well as technology and business partners.
User Experience Designers will have a primary focus of either Interaction or Visual Design. However, may be called upon to carry out essential functions in both disciplines. We are currently seeking candidates to fill both of these key roles on our User Experience and Design team.
Essential Job Functions:
The Visual UX Designers will design mock-ups, visual specifications, and various creative assets to describe the intended visual design that promotes our brand and an impactful user experience. They will influence the definition of visual design standards including color, typography, layout, imagery, etc. using solid knowledge of user-centered design principles and best practices, attention to detail, and superior workmanship standards.
The Interaction UX Designer will design, facilitate, and analyze various user research activities, including user testing, interviews, and observations, while leveraging user research insights and business strategy requirements to create innovate interactive web/mobile/tablet application concepts, and drive them to completion. They will be captivated by understanding and serving as a champion for the user/customer in every discussion and at every decision point.
User Experience Designers:
* Advocate user focus across the organization and communicate the value and principles of user-centered design.
* Collaborate with design team members on all aspects of user-centered design including information architecture, task analysis, user flows and stories, navigation, content hierarchies, interaction design, and functioning prototypes.
* Iterate on ideas based upon validated learning, critique, and collaboration.
* This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
* This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
* 3 years hands-on experience as a Visual or Interaction Designer, preferably as a member of UX team(s)
* 2 years hands-on experience in visual or interaction design and front-end development
* Fluency with HTML (including HTML5), CSS (including Sass)
* Familiarity with Java Script (native, as well as frameworks such as jQuery or AngularJS)
* Experience with common design software (Adobe products, Sketch, InVision, Keynote/PPT for the creation of IXD artifacts, documentation, and presentations -or- fluency with Photoshop and Illustrator or Sketch
* Ability to design for and execute across multiple screens, platforms and channels (Web, email, mobile, social media)
* Ability to communicate ideas through effective storytelling with sketches, wireframes, comps and prototypes
* Familiarity with Google Analytics or other Web analytics solutions (Coremetrics, Adobe Analytics/SiteCatalyst, Webtrends)
* Understanding of branding as it relates to user experience
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Humility and recognition that you dont have all the answers
* Adaptability and an enthusiasm for continuous learning
* Creativity, imagination and a sense of humor
* Places high value on the diverse strengths, backgrounds, and talents others bring to the workforce.
* Bachelors degree in design or related field
* Experience working in an agile environment
* Experience designing for mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
* Familiarity with testing user interfaces
* Interest and participation in professional industry groups, conferences
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-************. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-************, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Mar 26, 2018 09:00 AM Central Daylight Time
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
23 days 20 hours ago
applyUser Experience Designer - Omaha, NE Mutual of Omaha Insurance - Omaha, NE, United States
Mutual of Omaha was founded on a simple principle: to provide financial security and care in difficult times. For more than 100 years, we have put that principle into action not only through our products and services, but also through our involvement in the community.Mutual of Omaha has been in business for more than a century, providing dependable, affordable products and services that help our customers through life’s transitions. Through a dedicated network of financial advisors and insurance agents/producers, Mutual of Omaha offers insurance and financial products to individuals, families and employers.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- User Experience Team User Experience Specialist
- User Experience Developer
- User Experience Developer
- Software Developer I\/II Omaha, NE
- User Experience Designer
View More Jobs in Omaha, NE:
- View More Jobs in Omaha, NE
- More User Experience Designer Omaha NE Jobs in Omaha, NE
- More IT Jobs in Omaha, NE
- More Mutual of Omaha Insurance Jobs in Omaha, NE
View More Jobs in Nebraska:
- View More Jobs in Nebraska
- More User Experience Designer Omaha NE Jobs in Nebraska
- More IT Jobs in Omaha, NE
- More Mutual of Omaha Insurance Jobs in Nebraska