Trust Administrator IISallie Mae, Inc. - Reston, VA
This position is responsible for the timely and accurate operations, maintenance and administration of the Navient Education Loan Trusts as dictated by the underlying trust agreements. This position uses applied knowledge of financial instruments and financing structure mechanics to perform processes that affect Navient's corporate funding operations.
The position is responsible for the payments, reporting, cash reconciliation and compliance of the Navient Education Loan Trusts. The position will also play an active role in supporting multiple audits throughout the year and ensure Navient's compliance with Regulation AB and other various required audits.
(1) Trust compliance, payment and reporting activities
Preparing and reviewing ABS investor reporting and waterfall distribution calculations, confirming swap payments with external derivative counterparties, initiating payment of trust related fees and payments with trustee banks. Monitoring trust covenants and triggers monthly for compliance with trust agreements and regulations.
(2) Cash reconciliation in People Soft of trust activity
Verifying trust cash activity occurs at the trustee banks according to projected activity from various internal source systems. Uploading and managing projected payments from internal systems into People Soft that reconcile against downloaded bank transaction files and managing exceptions that fall out of this process.
(3) Responding to internal and external inquiries on operational issues and document guidelines
Answering routine questions from legal, accounting, loan servicing, corporate finance, trustee banks etc on operational aspects of the trusts. Partners with accounting to ensure bank activity is coded to the general ledger appropriately and addresses their questions around bank transactions. Provides guidance to legal and capital markets on operational contstraints on new transactions. Answers questions from various loan servicing areas on servicing agreement interpretation.
(4) Data management and systems updates
New deal parameter input into the Trust Administration System with periodic updates. System rate resets and bond/swap amortizations in Principia. Regular projected payment uploads into People Soft. Posts reports to Navient.com and reviews website for data integrity. Participates in testing activities around system upgrades and other IT initiatives.
(5) Auditor interaction and request fulfillment
Facilitates auditor document requests and responds to audit questions with the assistance of Manager -- Regulation AB, Servicing and Admin Agreement, Sarbanes Oxley 404, internal audits by Protiviti and other miscellaneous required audits
(6) Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in a business field, preferably Finance.
* Proficiency in Excel is required along with basic math problem solving skills.
* Requires knowledge of how companies issue different types of debt to raise capital
* Must be comfortable taking an operational lead role in dealing with underwriters, broker dealers, banks, investors and various individuals internally on a regular basis.
* Must have excellent writing and verbal skills and have ability to bridge inter-departmental function communication gaps.
* Microsoft Access with Oracle database experience required to troubleshoot data and reporting issues
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a federal government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America. Navient is a drug free workplace.
Nov 27, 2017
10 days 14 hours ago
applyTrust Administrator II Sallie Mae, Inc. - Reston, VA, United States
Sallie Mae (NASDAQ: SLM) is the nation’s No. 1 financial services company specializing in education. Celebrating 40 years of making a difference, Sallie Mae continues to turn education dreams into reality for American families, today serving 25 million customers. With products and services that include 529 college savings plans, Upromise rewards, scholarship search and planning tools, education loans, insurance, and online banking, Sallie Mae offers solutions that help families save, plan, and pay for college. Sallie Mae also provides financial services to hundreds of college campuses as well as to federal and state governments. Learn more at SallieMae.com. Commonly known as Sallie Mae, SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Cloud Systems Administrator II
- Linux Systems Administrator in Washington, DC at Booz Allen ...
- Database Administrator II NC52408212
- RedHat Linux Systems Administrator in Bethesda, MD at Booz A...
- Linux Systems Administrator Job
View More Jobs in Reston, VA:
- View More Jobs in Reston, VA
- More Trust Administrator II Jobs in Reston, VA
- More IT Jobs in Reston, VA
- More Sallie Mae, Inc. Jobs in Reston, VA
View More Jobs in Virginia:
- View More Jobs in Virginia
- More Trust Administrator II Jobs in Virginia
- More IT Jobs in Reston, VA
- More Sallie Mae, Inc. Jobs in Virginia