Transformation AnalystWorthington Industries, Inc. - Wooster, OH
We are dedicated to the belief that people are our most important asset. In filling job openings every effort is expended to find candidates within Worthington, its divisions or subsidiaries. Employee development, opportunity to grow and continuing to evolve both as an employee and as a company are instrumental to our success. We encourage employees to inquire about open positions and apply to those that help further their career goals.
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the facility Transformation Manager, this position is responsible for helping drive continuous improvement in overall operations through the implementation of lean transformation and daily management initiatives. This role drives improvements through tactical support of Continuous Improvement, RIEs (Kaizen events), just do-it's, and other lean transformation activities. This position implements and supports actions that bring about improvements which may include, but are not limited to safety, customer value proposition, quality, delivery, cycle, growth, margin expansion, and inventory.
Support the Transformation Manager and Value Stream(s) in implementing lean transformation and daily management across the value stream including
- Implement tactical strategies to achieve the desired vision
- Work with necessary site personnel to identify, address, and eliminate process related obstacles
- Assist in the change of systems/processes as required in support of Lean initiatives
- Utilize value stream mapping techniques to design optimal information, material, and production flow methods
- Lead execution and coaching of visual workplace through 6S process across all work areas in the value stream
Act as a change agent to bring about improvement in the manufacturing process through the active support, participation, and leadership of Rapid Improvement (Kaizen) Events
- Participate in, co-facilitate or facilitate projects, events, and just-do-it's
- Participate in gemba walks and coach employees on continuous improvement, standard work development/modification/adherence, flow, takt time attainment and problem solving
- Update and maintain visual performance tools including mission control and MDI boards
Conduct value stream analyses, cycle time analyses and time studies, workplace analysis and improvement
Create and implement standard work, cell performance boards and other visual management tools
Assist operations in problem solving issues affecting takt attainment
Drive culture change through coaching of employee and leaders to drive lean behaviors and follow the principles and practices of lean
Track all changes/improvements made to provide Value Stream leadership/management the assurance that changes are effective and lasting
- Possess analytical ability to break down complex problems into manageable pieces, creative thinking, analytical/quantitative analysis and fact-based data collection
- Strong oral and written communications skills to act as a change agent
- Adept at building trusting relationships while motivating/influencing others to adopt new best practices through fact-based analyses/discussion
- Must be diplomatic
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to motivate personnel and drive positive change within the organization
- Self-starter that is adept at taking initiative and a proven track record of setting high goals for themselves, pursuing and obtaining them
- Demonstrated potential to be a leader within the organization
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
- Proven ability to work independently in an unstructured environment
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint and Excel
- Associates or Bachelor of Science degree or related discipline desired (Equivalent education, training or experience will be considered)
- WI operations lean academy graduate or equivalent knowledge of basic Lean Manufacturing concepts and continuous improvement based tools and techniques highly preferred
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they're our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We're looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a Most Admired Company and four times as a 100 Best Companies to Work For.
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran's status.
8 days 21 hours ago
applyTransformation Analyst Worthington Industries, Inc. - Wooster, OH, United States
In 1955, a young steel salesman named John H. McConnell saw an opportunity for custom processed steel. He purchased his first load of steel by borrowing $600 against his 1952 Oldsmobile and founded Worthington Industries. First year earnings were $11,000 generated from sales of $342,000. From these modest beginnings, McConnell started a company known for its innovative products and services as well as its unique employee relationships.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Analyst I, Fin & Data Mgmt Job
- Global Expense Transformation Director, Global Consumer Mark...
- Director, Planning and Analysis - PGIM Global Partners
- Technology Support Analyst
- Public Sector - Organizational Transformation Analyst - Exp ...
View More Jobs in Wooster, OH:
- View More Jobs in Wooster, OH
- More Transformation Analyst Jobs in Wooster, OH
- More Worthington Industries, Inc. Jobs in Wooster, OH
View More Jobs in Ohio:
- View More Jobs in Ohio
- More Transformation Analyst Jobs in Ohio
- More Worthington Industries, Inc. Jobs in Ohio