Trading Analyst - EnergyTesoro Corporation. - San Antonio, TX
Requisition ID: 63471
Provides trading and commercial related analytics and support to the Power and Natural Gas team. Gathers and maintains data to accurately monitor and report group book, KPIs, positions, and improvement initiatives. Gathers and reports on market intelligence and insights into regional supply/demand activities. Collaborates with team to manage and administer electricity, natural gas, hydrogen and steam supply/demand tactical activities and information. Collaborates with team and other stakeholders to assist in the modeling, evaluation, and implementation of opportunities and optimization.
* Monitors and maintains Power & Natural Gas group’s transaction information associated with the purchase, sale, contract management, and trades for natural gas, electricity, steam, and hydrogen to accurately monitor and report on book, KPIs, positions and initiatives. * Computes and tracks performance metrics and conducts variance analysis to assess portfolio performance. Assists team with review, analysis, and explanation of variations and position exposures. Works closely with the Analytics group to coordinate participation in development, reporting, and root cause analysis of variances. * Provides analytical support to the team in identifying, evaluating, and modeling optimization opportunities related to pricing, hedging, forecasting, transportation, delivery hub options, and other commercial terms, primarily to help facilitate decision-making. * Researches and makes recommendations to resolve trade and transaction related discrepancies. Participates in development and enhancement of position monitoring and management tools for team to facilitate decision-making. * Acquires and maintains external and internal information and resources to develop market intelligence and insights into regional supply/demand issues and knowledge of market fundamentals. Works closely with the Market Analysis group to prepare data analysis for the team to produce relevant market research. * Provides analytical support to the team to support modeling of long term contracts and project development opportunities. * Supports Accounting and Trading Controls with reconciliation of position reports to systems of record
* Minimum undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics, accounting, engineering or related field of study required. * Minimum 3 years in trading and/or commercial support or related within the energy industry required. * Previous experience in a commodity based trading or energy acquisition environment preferred. * Strong proficiency to use analytical, financial modeling, and market intelligence tools such as Excel, SAP, Contract Management System, and trade capture systems. * Strong analytical skills, such as obtaining pertinent information, evaluating problems, and developing effective models.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the mid-continent and western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,100 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-AA-1 || |Commercial; Other Corporate Functions || 78259 ||
17 days 11 hours ago
applyTrading Analyst - Energy Tesoro Corporation. - San Antonio, TX, United States
As one of the largest independent refiners and marketers of petroleum products in the United States, Tesoro plays an integral role in fueling the communities we serve. We are committed to safe, clean, reliable operations, while creating value for everyone invested in our success. Through our advantaged crude supply and integrated network of refineries, transportation and terminal operations, logistics assets and retail stations, we are intentionally positioned to capitalize on today’s opportunities and tomorrow’s possibilities.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Trading Analyst - NGLs
San Antonio, TX
View More Jobs in San Antonio, TX:
- View More Jobs in San Antonio, TX
- More Trading Analyst Energy Jobs in San Antonio, TX
- More Accounting Jobs in San Antonio, TX
- More Tesoro Corporation. Jobs in San Antonio, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Trading Analyst Energy Jobs in Texas
- More Accounting Jobs in San Antonio, TX
- More Tesoro Corporation. Jobs in Texas