Tier I Technical Support JobScience Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) - Washington, DC
Tier I Technical Support (Job Number:432196)
The Department of State, Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) currently provides its users with mobile and remote access services to include BlackBerry, Apple iOS and Citrix Remote Desktop technologies. In support of these services, there is a need for Tier 1 Technical Support personnel that will provide in-person, phone and email technical support to end-users.
Description of Duties:
- Provide in-person, phone and email support to end-users promptly and professionally.
- Ensure all requests for services and incidents are logged/updated, addressed/resolved and followed up on if necessary.
- Ensure all critical or VIP requests or tickets are attended to or resolved promptly and efficiently, documentation on the troubleshooting and resolution efforts are complete, issues are analyzed and followed up with the customers if necessary, and tickets escalated to the Tier 2 Technical Support are well documented and followed up on.
- Ensure Tier 1 Lead is made aware of potential system problems or customer issues so as not to surprise lead and/or management personnel.
- Make every effort to resolve reported problems prior to escalation, ensuring that all steps are taken and documented before escalating unresolved tickets to the Tier 2 staff.
- Adhere to and follow standard operating procedures (SOP) used to support the Operation Center activities
The Tier 1 Technical Support may perform the required functions located at the: Tier 1 IT MART (Harry S. Truman Building, Washington DC): enter service requests into Remedy; perform in-person device actions with users; perform in-person troubleshooting with users; perform in-person provisioning with users; tutor users on mobile devices; perform customer liaison activities; enter data into the inventory tracking system; add account information into Active Directory; add new accounts in the correct Citrix Access Gateway (CAG) membership; verify account status; verify status of selected wireless plan, close service requests in Remedy, and escalate service requests, if necessary, to Tier 2. This function is NOT performed on a per shift basis. Tier 1 SA-9: receive new service enrollments and/or service account requests (e.g., XenMobile, BlackBerry, GO) and enter them into Remedy; monitor and track incidents in Remedy ticketing system and Queue Monitor Tool; monitor, track, and process MCMS requests for remote access services; add account information into Active Directory; add new accounts in the correct CAG membership; verify service account status; verify status of selected wireless plan; provide basic troubleshooting assistance to users; close service requests in Remedy; perform BlackBerry activations and re- activations; process new or modify existing remote access enrollments; perform RSA Pin resets and/or RSA soft token pushes; troubleshoot BlackBerry access issues; troubleshoot remote access Citrix Client issues; provide instructions to end users on how-to configure workstations for remote access use and escalate service requests and/or incidents, if necessary, to Tier 2. This function is performed on a per shift basis.
- Associates Degree in related technical discipline with 1 years of experience, or, 1-2 years without a degree.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows system administration tasks including: Windows Server 2008, Active Directory, iOS or Android platforms, iPhones, iPads, BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0, BlackBerry 10, RSA, Citrix, and SCOM monitoring tool.
- Basic knowledge of BMC Remedy.
- Skills to address issues with senior level customers and/or VIPs.
- Self-motivated problem solver possessing effective troubleshooting skills as it relates to IT issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience working directly with customers including VIPs.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and quick turnaround deliverables.
- Ability to focus on ticket and monitoring systems for sustained periods.
- Experience with mobile device solutions.
- Certification in relevant IT products/technologies.
Able to obtain a secret clearance or currently posses a secret
Additional Information: As essential personnel, candidate is required to maintain consistent on-time presence at the work location. Depending on the work location, the individual will be required to perform shift work in a 24 x 7 x 365 work environment. The candidate should have an eye for detail, ability to multi-task, organize priorities, and work in a systematic style following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guides.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
JOB POSTING: Nov 8, 2017, 9:15:37 PM
PRIMARY LOCATION: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST CURRENTLY POSSESS: None
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN: Secret
POTENTIAL FOR TELEWORKING: No
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the time
SHIFT: Day Job
7 days 16 hours ago
applyTier I Technical Support Job Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) - Washington, DC, United States
The setting for SAIC's startup in 1969 was not much different than that of many companies that begin with a few dollars and a good idea. Small, austere offices with rented desks and typewriters that have seen better days. People furiously working days, nights and weekends, hoping to curb the anxiety over the future. For SAIC, it began in offices with a tremendous ocean view (rented for $2.40 per square foot per year) in the sleepy village of La Jolla, California. "We had the added advantage of having as our next-door neighbor, a ballet studio," recalls founder J. Robert Beyster, Ph.D. "On the balcony in front of us, just to keep things light-hearted, the ballerinas would dance by as we did our research."
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Tier II Technical Support (Day Shift) VGTB048 Job
- Sr. Tier 3 Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) Engineer Job
- Tier III Helpdesk Technician
- Tier 3 Voice Engineer (Duluth)
- Tier 1 Service Desk
View More Jobs in Washington, DC:
- View More Jobs in Washington, DC
- More Tier I Technical Support Job Jobs in Washington, DC
- More IT Jobs in Washington, DC
- More Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) Jobs in Washington, DC
View More Jobs in District of Columbia:
- View More Jobs in District of Columbia
- More Tier I Technical Support Job Jobs in District of Columbia
- More IT Jobs in Washington, DC
- More Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) Jobs in District of Columbia