Test Automation Developer - Employment ContractSempra Energy - San Diego, CA
Under general supervision, works and primarily supports the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) client/server enterprise application (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations). The Dynamics 365 Test Automation Engineer will be responsible for designing automation suites, scripting and executing automation test scripts using the Visual Studio and/or third party test solutions. Design, implement and maintain solid, automated tests that ensure test coverage across existing and new applications using testing framework and tools. Expected to be able to write detailed test plans, understand scenario and script development. Must be able be develop an automation approach framework for full system integration and regression testing of the system. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understand, plan, design and engineer solutions to automate a comprehensive test strategy to ensure the quality of our enterprise-scale business systems.
Design, Develop & Maintain: Champions automation methodologies. Create, maintain and expand master regression test set. Enhance, extend and maintain test automation libraries and frameworks. Collaborate with business process leads, and Technical Team to identify the automation test candidates and defines the approach to attain maximum automation coverage. Identifies and drives change to ensure automation effectiveness. Offer suggestions on how best to deliver automation solutions. Researches, tracks and understands new testing technologies to provide technical direction in developing automated test coverage and analyzing business requirements as they pertain to intranet and external internet-related systems. Creates and updates functional specifications. Participates in development quality activities such as code reviews, integration testing, and support of the Functional and Technical Teams. Work with other business solutions developers to ensure quality and software standards are met.
Perform, Execute and Analyze: Creates and maintains automated testing artifacts. Provides accurate, clear and concise testing status updates across multiple projects. Troubleshooting test case failures (root cause analysis). Escalates issues to Dynamics 365 Testing Manager as defined or as needed in a clear, concise and timely manner. Writes program specifications, designs, codes, tests and debugs programs, as well as documents procedures.
Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related business/technical discipline is required.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive test automation experience.
• High proficiency with Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise and/or Professional – Test Tools such as PerfSDK and Multiuser Testing, Unit/Component-Test using SysTest Framework, and Coded UI Test Methodology.
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (fka Dynamics AX7) is preferred.
• Experience in defining strategies for load and performance testing.
• Experience with behavior driven development, test driven development or other similar methodologies.
• Experience with troubleshooting & error handling of automated tests. Use of Trace Parser to diagnose and analyze performance issues.
• Experience with several functional areas within D365, preferably: Finance, Trade & Logistics, or Projects.
• Exposure to D365 automation testing processes (including LCS/Task Recorder) is a plus.
• Experience in performance optimization (X application code, troubleshooting D365 components, AXPerf, LCS Environment monitoring, SQL performance optimization) is preferred.
• Professional certificates or advanced degrees are desirable.
• Expertise in delivery of test automation solutions over various platforms, Server, Web and native Mobile.
• Competent to work on most phases of applications programming activities (analysis, design, testing, deployment) including documentation and technical writing.
• General experience with SDLC methodologies (Waterfall and Agile) and formal change management procedures.
• Demonstrates principles of quality customer service, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and flexible enough to work with different technical skill levels and skill sets.
• Strong organizational skills; detail-oriented while having the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
10 days 9 hours ago
applyTest Automation Developer - Employment Contract Sempra Energy - San Diego, CA, United States
Sempra Energy was created in 1998 by a merger of parent companies of two long-established, and highly respected, investor-owned utilities with rich histories dating back more than a century. Sempra Energy was founded to capitalize on new opportunities in competitive energy markets. The company’s ongoing focus is to enhance shareholder value and meet customer needs by sustaining the financial strength, operational flexibility and skilled workforce needed to succeed in rapidly changing market conditions
Jobs You Might Also Like
- 1007 Test Automation Lead
- Salesforce Developer
- It Specialist Network Custspt
Long Beach, CA
- IT Specialist (Network/CustSpt)
Long Beach, CA
- Test Automation Analyst - Intraday Liquidity
View More Jobs in San Diego, CA:
- View More Jobs in San Diego, CA
- More Test Automation Developer Employment Contract Jobs in San Diego, CA
- More IT Jobs in San Diego, CA
- More Sempra Energy Jobs in San Diego, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Test Automation Developer Employment Contract Jobs in California
- More IT Jobs in San Diego, CA
- More Sempra Energy Jobs in California