Technician Support Services Field TechnicianNabors Industries, Ltd - Williston, ND
Technician Support Services Field Technician','2100003M','!*!Position Summary:
Field Support Tech position is of a technical nature. This position will provide support for PLC control systems, hydraulics, engines, pumps, diesel generators (approximately 25 kVA), and all other systems on rig. The support person will work closely with the field and development team to troubleshoot specific issues that arise and when deemed necessary, debug code and/or machinery provide a solution back to the rig. Individual must be a team player, capable of handling support calls in highly stressful situations. The position will require travel when the problem is not solvable remotely to the job site. It will require interaction with first level support for transition of the problem and on call support during all hours of the day during their on call assignment time. Electrical, hydraulics, and mechanical expertise is essential to the success of this person.
Duties & Responsibilities:
•Support of regional offices for Nabors equipment including network devices, computers and peripherals, IP camera systems, mobile devices, and any Nabors owned technology at the direction of the Field Services Manager
• Install, maintain, and support technology on a Nabors drilling rig including but not limited to network devices, computers and peripherals, IP camera systems, mobile devices, and wireless field communications via satellite and mobile broadband systems
• Install and terminate low voltage communications cables
• Monitor the performance of the drilling rig’s network hardware and wireless internet systems
• Proactively report or address potential issues in offices and field operations
• Assist with field testing of hardware and software applications
• Track support requests in our ticketing system
• Identify recurrent issues
• Responsible for providing 24 hour on-call technical support to office and field locations
• Responsible for inventory control of Information Technology equipment
• Position requires outdoor fieldwork in challenging environments at times.
• Position requires the ability to perform physical work such as lifting and carrying, pulling, pushing, reaching, squatting, kneeling, climbing stairs and the use of a stepladder.
• Ability to travel by air or car to field locations and/or supplier sites as needed
• Must have a valid driver’s license
•In the event of an emergency, the employee holding this positions required to work in accordance with the Nabors Disaster Recovery Plan. During or immediately following an emergency, the employee will be notified to assist in the emergency response efforts and mobilize other staff members if needed.
Assist field level tech with troubleshooting issues when the expertise is needed
· Analyze and diagnose coding bugs within control systems in urgent situations
· Continuously understand and grow knowledge in Drilling process, new
· Development of monitoring and diagnostics tools
· Contribute to the development of Best Practices/Standards
· Help in the development of PLC coding standardization efforts
· Document common troubleshooting problems that are first identified through
· Travel will be required at times to support the installed solutions and for
· Pass on solutions to Development team for QA and implementation of fixes.
· Field document and development of new Rig designs, including engineering and
coding solutions to enhance quality and performance, as well as address
documentation needs for support and development teams
· Experience in electrical, mechanical, or hydraulics is required to be successful
at this position.
· The position requires strong analytical skills, good communication skills, strong
development skills, and outstanding debugging skills.
· Knowledge of the upstream oil and gas industry, familiar with exploration,
production and drilling practices in the onshore and offshore environments is
· Knowledge of Siemens PLC controls (preferably SL7-300)
· ABB Controls and drive systems
· Allen-Bradley controls (RSLogix)
· Experience with hydraulics is a requirement
· Experience with the collection, analysis and presentation of data using
spreadsheets or other office based programs
· Relocation may be required
· 24/7 On Call is required
Working knowledge in the Oil and Gas Industry preferred
Education and Training:
Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience a plus
Dependable, flexible, organized, motivated, assertive, and able to work in rotational position.
Team player with interpersonal skills to work with customers and technical staff
Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Able to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances.
Ability to troubleshoot, analyze and diagnose remotely.
Note: the physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is required frequently to use hands and digits to handle or feel work material. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Lifting/carry up to 50 lbs occasionally, 20 lbs frequently, and 5 to 10 lbs daily. Must be able to use/wear applicable personal protective equipment which may include but is not limited to safety-toed foot wear (with ankle height support), back support belt, hearing protection, safety eye-wear with side shields, gloves and hard hat. May occasionally be required to wear approved/applicable respiratory protection equipment (respiratory protection guidelines would apply with regard to medical evaluation and fit testing of equipment). Frequent assent/decent of stairs/steps, especially at field locations. Must be able to respond quickly to an emergency situation.
Note: the work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; however, field
locations may be at a high level whereby appropriate hearing protection may
· Building AC/Heating systems is a typical “closed loop” system.
· Field locations may range in temperature of below zero (0) to above one
hundred (100) degrees, depending upon time of year, with varying levels of
· Field locations may be dusty, wet, or muddy depending upon weather
','OPERATIONS','United States Of America-North Dakota-Williston-(Nabors Drilling, USA) North Dakota','','Technician Support Services Field Technician
47 days 1 hour ago
applyTechnician Support Services Field Technician Nabors Industries, Ltd - Williston, ND, United States
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Senior Network Engineer
Marina del Rey, CA
- Civil Engineering Technician
- Control Systems Lead
- Lead R&D Semiconductor Engineering Technician
- Lead Engineer Technician II
View More Jobs in Williston, ND:
- View More Jobs in Williston, ND
- More Technician Support Services Field Technician Jobs in Williston, ND
- More Engineering Jobs in Williston, ND
- More Nabors Industries, Ltd Jobs in Williston, ND
View More Jobs in North Dakota:
- View More Jobs in North Dakota
- More Technician Support Services Field Technician Jobs in North Dakota
- More Engineering Jobs in Williston, ND
- More Nabors Industries, Ltd Jobs in North Dakota