Technical Writer (C2)Rockwell Collins, Inc. - TX, USA
Requisition ID: 6885
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Technical Writer (C2) to join our team in Carrollton, TX (IMS INC) (5070). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Researches, Analyzes, and translates technical information into government and commercial manuals and other documents for non-technical and technical users. Establishes and maintains internal and external company contacts for Rockwell Collins equipment and/or specific platform subject matter expertise.
The successful Technical Writer will:
* Develop a working knowledge of Rockwell Collins ARINC Security products and services in the Surface Transportation and Security markets.
* Work closely with ARINC project teams and engineering staff.
* Work independently to identify priorities and project requirements.
* Have the ability to work effectively in a matrix environment including a fast paced project model.
* Develop and maintain technical system documentation.
* Maintain baseline product documentation and customize as needed for projects
* Manage document storage and revision
* Have a solid knowledge of technical writing standards, documentation process, and software engineering process
* Perform technical editing and quality reviews of submittal documentation
* Develop training plans, develop and maintain training materials including syllabus and course content, and conduct training on software, hardware, and system integration projects including end user and system administrator training
* Three (3) to five (5) years of experience as a technical writer and trainer on large, complex, integrated systems.
* Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* A variety of authoring tools including Adobe FrameMaker, Madcap Flare, and IBM Rational DOORS publishing engine.
* Preparing training material and conducting courses.
* Ability to learn rapidly, to understand a very large and complex system, to generate documentation for the system, and to train the end users.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Developing computer-based training.
* Image capture and manipulation including Photoshop and graphics manipulation.
* HTML programming for online help and single source publishing.
Education and Certification Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
15 days 20 hours ago
applyTechnical Writer (C2) Rockwell Collins, Inc. - , TX, United States
Since its founding as Collins Radio in 1933, Rockwell Collins and its products have been recognized for distinctive quality and state-of-the-art technology. Collins Radio Company, founded by Arthur Collins in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, initially designed and produced short wave radio equipment. The company steadily grew, and captured the world's attention when Collins supplied the equipment to establish a communications link with the South Pole expedition of Rear Admiral Richard Byrd in 1933.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Technical Writer
Falls Church, VA
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Technical Writer (C2) Jobs in Texas
- More IT Jobs in TX, USA
- More Writing Jobs in TX, USA
- More Rockwell Collins, Inc. Jobs in Texas