Technical Solution Architect- Omaha, NE.Mutual of Omaha Insurance - Nebraska City, NE
Technical Solution Architect- Omaha, NE.
Job no: ******
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technnology
Founded in 1909, Mutual of Omaha is a solid, family-oriented company thats reliable, trustworthy, knowledgeable and caring. We are a full-service, multi-line provider of insurance and financial services products for individuals, businesses and groups throughout the United States. We are committed to providing outstanding service to our policyholders. Our commitment to customer service is the cornerstone of our vision and values.
Develops enterprise level applications and custom integration solutions, including major enhancements, interfaces, functions, and features. Uses a variety of platforms and technologies to provide business solutions to customers. The role is typically engaged as the highest level technology expert on a project team. Operates at an Expert level.
Essential Job Functions:
* This position leads development of enterprise level applications and custom integration solutions, including major enhancements, interfaces, functions, and features. Uses a variety of platforms and technologies to provide business solutions to customers. Provides expertise regarding the integration of applications and systems for assigned projects and customers.
* Individuals in this position provide expertise regarding the integration of applications and systems for assigned projects and customers. Determines system requirements and specifications. Plans, designs, and develops highly complex, business critical software and integration solutions. Uses appropriate software engineering processes. Works well individually or as part of a team. Assists in solving highly complex support problems, works with application and product vendors as needed, and escalates resolution when appropriate. Participates in product evaluations and provides input to contract negotiations.
* Partnering with business and IT representatives in requirements gathering and reviews.
* Analyzing and translating business information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives.
* Analyzing technical requirements, identifying and evaluating alternatives for technology and integration across applications and systems. Developing enterprise level solutions that integrate across applications, systems and platforms.
* Proposes changes in process, policy and standards as they relate to the architecture and design principles.
* Researching and maintaining knowledge in emerging technologies and solutions to solve business problems.
* Leads analysis and design efforts in support of technology integration.
* Investigating, implementing, and transitioning new design processes.
* Developing and piloting new architectures to support application requirements leveraging reusable components.
* Reviewing new applications for conformance to existing architectures. Understands and articulates technology strategies and objectives.
* A relentless and versatile learner who is open to change and experimentation
* 3 years experience coding Portal 8.0, IBM, API, JSR286, JSR 168 and Struts
* Websphere 8.0, 8.5
* Portal 8.5 development
* 1 year Gradle build experience
* 1 year Selenium and automation testing development
* 3 years experience as the technical lead of IT projects
* 1-3 years experience as the technical lead for system modernization projects.
* Cool under pressure and a settling influence in ambiguous circumstances
* Effectively copes with change and able to act reasonably and decisively with limited information while balancing risk/reward trade-offs
* JEE and Spring intermediate to advanced level competency
* Advanced level competency with the latest Java specifications
* Systems analysis and design intermediate to advanced level competency
* Application architecture and design intermediate to advanced level competency
* 3 years experience with complex problem solving techniques across multiple technologies and environments
* Ability to articulate and advocate new technical and non-technical ideas. Provide leadership and authority as necessary to accomplish results. Sets an example for coworkers. Delegate authority and empower others to make decisions.
* 3 years experience in a leadership role to include mentoring and coaching talent
* Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences. Communicate technical issues and problems to vendors. Communicate with business and IT customers. Effectively uses appropriate verbal and written communication.
* Ability to coach, mentor, and cross-train others. Helps coworkers stay focused on overall goal. Leads by example and encourages others to excel. Serves as a positive role model.
* Able to formulate and articulate technical vision. Anticipate and prepare for emerging systems and technology needs. Uses goals and objectives to prioritize work and guide actions. Understands multiple systems or technologies. Understand interaction with other systems.
* 3 years experience with executing the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* HTML5, AJAX, Grails, GWT (Google Web Toolkit), and IBM Portal experience
* SQL, Data Modeling, Data Design, and Data Access experience
* Frameworks and Reusable Component experience
* Use of Open Source components
* Experience with Lean concepts (Kaizen and Kata) and Agile methodologies
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-************. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-************, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: May 24, 2018 08:30 AM Central Daylight Time
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
19 days 5 hours ago
applyTechnical Solution Architect- Omaha, NE. Mutual of Omaha Insurance - Nebraska City, NE, United States
Mutual of Omaha was founded on a simple principle: to provide financial security and care in difficult times. For more than 100 years, we have put that principle into action not only through our products and services, but also through our involvement in the community.Mutual of Omaha has been in business for more than a century, providing dependable, affordable products and services that help our customers through life’s transitions. Through a dedicated network of financial advisors and insurance agents/producers, Mutual of Omaha offers insurance and financial products to individuals, families and employers.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Solution Architect
- Telecommute Senior Robotics Solutions Architect
- US-Principal Solutions Architect
- SAP Solutions Architect
View More Jobs in Nebraska City, NE:
- View More Jobs in Nebraska City, NE
- More Technical Solution Architect Omaha NE. Jobs in Nebraska City, NE
- More IT Jobs in Nebraska City, NE
- More Mutual of Omaha Insurance Jobs in Nebraska City, NE
View More Jobs in Nebraska:
- View More Jobs in Nebraska
- More Technical Solution Architect Omaha NE. Jobs in Nebraska
- More IT Jobs in Nebraska City, NE
- More Mutual of Omaha Insurance Jobs in Nebraska