Technical Project Manager - Security FocusAutomatic Data Processing, Inc. - Roseland, NJ
Unlock Your Career Potential: Technology at ADP. Do you enjoy exploring, identifying and inspiring the future of the workplace and the lives of millions of people? At ADP, the worlds largest B2B cloud company, our Technology team is comprised of brilliant engineers, architects, data scientists, infrastructure experts, and more. We were first in our industry to offer a SaaS solution and continue to push the envelope utilizing the latest operating platforms to deliver the highly automated, intelligent and predictive solutions that are redefining what is possible. Named one of Forbes Most Innovative Companies and one of Computerworlds 100 Best Places to Work in IT, we are committed to leading the way in product development and research, empowering you to bring to life the latest innovations that will forever change the way businesses manage their most vital asset, employees.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
Technical Project Manager
ADP Enterprise Architecture
(Security Project Focused)
1 ADP Blvd
Roseland, NJ 07068
ADP is searching for a Technical Project Manager to join our high performance team focusing on security related projects. The successful candidate will have strong skills in agile project management, managing development projects, providing executive status and presentations, leading meetings, vendor management, security and technical knowledge, and requirements elicitation.
* Utilizes industry-accepted project management principles and firm-established project management tools and processes to direct project teams in the definition, planning and execution of projects across multiple disciplines and geographies.
* Creates and manages a master project plan including project schedule, communication management, change control plan, risk and issue management plan, responsibility matrix, cost control, intermediate deliverables identification and management and tracking mechanism.
* Motivates and directs project teams for which there is no direct reporting relationship: sets goals, objectives and priorities to satisfy project scope and fulfill expectations.
* Consult with management and reviews project proposals to determine priorities, goals, time frame, funding requirements/limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, and allocation of resources.
* Acts as primary contact with all relevant parties in the projects; facilitates and moderates project meetings including, but not limited to project kickoffs, team progress and issue resolution, steering committee/leadership update, project closeout and best practices and core team meetings.
* Works with project customers, project sponsors, product management, business analysts, Global Security Organization and project team members in the planning and execution of projects.
* Coordinate with other project resources such as customer IT staff, infrastructure provider, service teams, documentation teams, test teams etc.
* Utilizes industry-accepted methodologies and processes to bring projects in on schedule, within budget, fulfilling all requirements with quality.
* Responsible for identifying and managing project risk factors, negotiating and implementing change requests, and tracking and reporting project progress.
* Communicate with direct and senior level management on ongoing status, milestones, successes, and project risks.
* Confer with project personnel to provide technical, business or functional advice and resolve problems.
* Develop and maintain technical and project documentation.
* Facilitate meetings with internal clients, vendors and IT teams
* Manage customer expectations throughout the delivery while managing scope and project profitability issues.
* Analyze business and technical requirements and collaborate with Subject Matter Experts, Technical Consultants, Solution Architects and Developers to drive the design and development process.
* Tracks and manages multiple, i.e. five or more, projects concurrently including the creating and management of a project issue log to track all issues and ensuring that they are resolved in a timely fashion.
* Require a bachelors degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline.
* MBA Degree preferred.
* 10 years of IT experience with 5 years of hands-on experience in project management.
* Agile project management experience is required
* 3 years of experience with security related projects is required
* Prior software development experience is required
* PMP certified preferred
* CISSP certification is preferred
* Outstanding written and verbal communication, problem-solving and presentation skills
* Ability to support and track multiple simultaneous projects
* Ability to organize resources and establish priorities
* Ability to perform in-depth work analyses and develop project projections.
* Advanced usage capabilities with standard Microsoft Project, Office and Visio.
* Ability to consider the effect of actions and decisions on others, as well as long-term implications.
* High level understanding of general technologies & security technologies and best practices
* Experience using Planview Enterprise Portfolio Management and Rally are highly desirable
* General Skills
* Leadership: not only at the management level, but at the individual level -- having the confidence and resilience to take risks -- be self-empowered and build relationships
* Communication: understand and express ideas/solutions in a comprehensive and practical format -- knowledge sharing early and often
* User Focus: an absolute focus on the user (internal or external) experience -- every aspect of a solution should be productized for ease of use
* Improvisation: the ability to think across disciplines and existing boundaries (technologies/business/geographies) - lateral thinking
* Collaboration: teamwork with a positive approach to ambiguity
* Research: an inclination to continuous research inside and outside the current focus fields
* Influence by example: scientific proof of an idea (success or failure) as the presentation tool -- represent an idea in order to promote it
* Technical Knowledge: broad and deep technical knowledge with a strong focus on security technology such as encryption, code scanning, access and authorization, container and data security.
* Abstract Thinking: view of ideas and solutions as abstractions/patterns that can be leveraged/adapted/reused -- deliver frameworks instead of point solutions
18 days 10 hours ago
applyTechnical Project Manager - Security Focus Automatic Data Processing, Inc. - Roseland, NJ, United States
ADP® (NASDAQ: ADP), with more than $10 billion in revenues and approximately 600,000 clients, is one of the world's largest providers of business outsourcing and human capital management solutions. Leveraging over 60 years of experience and a global footprint spanning more than 40 countries, ADP offers a wide range of human resource, payroll, talent management, tax and benefits administration solutions from a single source, and helps clients comply with regulatory and legislative changes, such as the Affordable Care Act (ACA). ADP's easy-to-use solutions for employers provide superior value to companies of all types and sizes. ADP is also a leading provider of integrated computing solutions to auto, truck, motorcycle, marine, recreational vehicle, and heavy equipment dealers throughout the world. For more information about ADP or to contact a local ADP sales office, reach us at 1.800.225.5237 or visit the company's Web site at www.adp.com.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- IT Infrastructure Project Manager
- Project Manager
- Information Security Project Manager
Jersey City, NJ
- IT Project Manager
New York City, NY
- Group Mananger Information Security
Florham Park, NJ
View More Jobs in Roseland, NJ:
- View More Jobs in Roseland, NJ
- More Technical Project Manager Security Focus Jobs in Roseland, NJ
- More IT Jobs in Roseland, NJ
- More Security Jobs in Roseland, NJ
- More Automatic Data Processing, Inc. Jobs in Roseland, NJ
View More Jobs in New Jersey:
- View More Jobs in New Jersey
- More Technical Project Manager Security Focus Jobs in New Jersey
- More IT Jobs in Roseland, NJ
- More Security Jobs in Roseland, NJ
- More Automatic Data Processing, Inc. Jobs in New Jersey