Technical Business AnalystComcast - Wayne, PA
Technical Business Analyst
Spotlight Platform Engineering Group helps drive the new generation of products that are transforming Comcast into a media and technology company. Engineering manages the operations for Comcast's industry-leading video, high-speed Internet and voice services for consumers and businesses, and runs a network that supports numerous multi-billion dollar businesses. Comcast is creating next-generation technology for the fast-growing advanced advertising market. We enable and innovate solutions to support both traditional and emerging programmatic and premium advertising markets through our platforms, data, marketplace and sales channels.
Responsible for formulating and defining systems and objectives through research and analysis of functional/business needs of applicable provisioning and support systems. Participates in software/hardware releases, installation tasks, and supports implementation planning and other operational preparations. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex systems problems. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary. Works with Software Developers to support design and development as required.
- Prepares detailed functional and technical specifications from which programs will be written.
- Interacts with end users to gather requirements and scope of effort. Performs analysis of user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Identifies and assesses probable interactions of related systems and predicts impact of a change in assigned system.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of system interaction to ensure success in overall architectural solution.
- Functions as a liaison between the client, community, and internal Software Engineers and/or external software vendors to develop system solutions to processing systems or business problems.
- Ensures data quality and integrity across data-specific application implementations.
- Supports the testing team and business users in validating that the programs meet the requirements. Participates in unit, integration, and test procedures. Compares test results against requirements to validate that coding is accurate.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Information Sciences, Technology
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Additional Preferred Skills:
-Proficient in Microsoft office Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word, Outlook
- Strong data analysis skills
- Experience working with Big Data/Hadoop
- Strong ability to adapt information found through analysis of data to various target audience groups, from High Level Leadership to Front Line Employees.
- Ability to effectively build rapport with several cross functional groups within the organization.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses good listening skills.
- Knowledge of general business operations
- Self-Motivated with the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Strong ability to be flexible and adaptable to various changes in day to day operations and based on business needs.
- Creative and Innovative
- Strong demonstration of confidentiality
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
8 days 2 hours ago
applyTechnical Business Analyst Comcast - Wayne, PA, United States
Comcast Corporation operates as a media and technology company worldwide. It operates through Cable Communications, Cable Networks, Broadcast Television, Filmed Entertainment, and Theme Parks segments. The Cable Communications segment offers video, high-speed Internet, and voice services to residential and business customers under the XFINITY brand name. This segment also provides business services, such as cellular backhaul services to mobile network operators; Ethernet network services; and online advertising services. The Cable Networks segment operates national cable networks, which provide entertainment, news and information, and sports content; regional sports and news networks; international channels; and cable television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Broadcast Television segment operates NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, NBC and Telemundo owned local broadcast television stations, and broadcast television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Filmed Entertainment segment produces, acquires, markets, and distributes live-action and animated filmed entertainment under the Universal Pictures, Focus Features, and Illumination names. This segment also develops, produces, and licenses stage plays, as well as owns digital media properties. The Theme Parks segment operates theme parks; studios; Island of adventures; and a dining, retail, and entertainment complex. Comcast Corporation was founded in 1963 and is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- SQL Developer & Analyst
- SAP QA Testing Analyst
- Manager-Campaign Operations & Analysis
- IT Technical/Data Advisor, MDM
- Analyst, Business Information Systems
View More Jobs in Wayne, PA:
- View More Jobs in Wayne, PA
- More Technical Business Analyst Jobs in Wayne, PA
- More IT Jobs in Wayne, PA
- More Comcast Jobs in Wayne, PA
View More Jobs in Pennsylvania:
- View More Jobs in Pennsylvania
- More Technical Business Analyst Jobs in Pennsylvania
- More IT Jobs in Wayne, PA
- More Comcast Jobs in Pennsylvania