THD Truck Mechanic - Diesel Mechanic - 3rd ShiftThe Kroger Co. - Conestoga, PA
Company Name: Turkey Hill Dairy
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Repair trucks, trailers, refrigeration units, and all other automotive vehicles. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Complete all required Department of Transportation (DOT) documentation for service work and ensure signed copy is placed in the appropriate serviced vehicle record book. * Perform scheduled preventative maintenance. * Perform inspections and repairs. * Monitor all company pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspection reports for completion; perform follow-up repairs and maintenance as required. * Perform steering, engine, and transmission / drive train repairs and work on electrical charging systems for tractors and trucks. * Perform maintenance and repairs on trailer refrigeration units. * Perform as needed: trailer repairs for brakes and tailgate; periodic servicing for state vehicle inspections; lubrication and oil changes; brake, belt and miscellaneous adjustments; changing lights. * Respond to emergency roadside calls and perform emergency road repairs. * Perform all duties within established Good Manufacturing Practice regulations, fleet safety, and general safety guidelines. * Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems. * Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles. * Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
* Must be at least 18 years of age. * High School Diploma or GED equivalent. * Class A Commercial Drivers License. * Valid and updated medical certification. * Class 7 Pennsylvania State Inspection Certificate. * Environmental Protect Agency Approved Certification - High Pressure Refrigeration (608). * EPA Approved Certification - Air Conditioning (609). * Must have own set of tools. * Excellent communication skills. * Ability to comprehend complex verbal and written instructions.
DESIRED PREVIOUS JOB EXPERIENCE
* 3-5 years of related experience. * Degree from an accredited trade or related school.
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: Driver's License
Position Type: Full-Time
Keywords: Diesel Mechanic
Jobs at Kroger Manufacturing: Through quality products, strong individual commitments and team spirit, Kroger has been established as a leader in the manufacturing industry. Kroger Manufacturing provides career development programs aligned with aspirations in Engineering, Process Management, Information Systems, Quality Assurance, Operations Management, Human Resources, Finance and Procurement. Our work force programs provide technically challenging rotations with cross-functional teams, plants and locations to allow our Associates to learn from some of the brightest minds in the business. Experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from plant sponsors prepare our Associates with the skills and leadership behaviors needed to achieve a successful career at Kroger.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly 443,000 associates who serve customers in 2,796 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Kroger and its subsidiaries operate an expanding ClickList offering - a personalized, order online, pick up at the store service - in addition to 2,253 pharmacies, 787 convenience stores, 324 fine jewelry stores, 1,439 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is recognized as one of America's most generous companies for its support of more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners, breast cancer research and awareness, the military and their families, and more than 145,000 community organizations including schools. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: PA || Conestoga || 2601 River Rd. || 17516 || Turkey Hill Dairy || None || Distribution || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || Driver's License
9 days 3 hours ago
applyTHD Truck Mechanic - Diesel Mechanic - 3rd Shift The Kroger Co. - Conestoga, PA, United States
In 1883, Barney Kroger invested his life savings of $372 to open a grocery store at 66 Pearl Street in downtown Cincinnati. The son of a merchant, he ran his business with a simple motto: “Be particular. Never sell anything you would not want yourself.”
View More Jobs in Conestoga, PA:
- View More Jobs in Conestoga, PA
- More THD Truck Mechanic Diesel Mechanic 3rd Shift Jobs in Conestoga, PA
- More Trucking Jobs in Conestoga, PA
- More The Kroger Co. Jobs in Conestoga, PA
View More Jobs in Pennsylvania:
- View More Jobs in Pennsylvania
- More THD Truck Mechanic Diesel Mechanic 3rd Shift Jobs in Pennsylvania
- More Trucking Jobs in Conestoga, PA
- More The Kroger Co. Jobs in Pennsylvania