THD Human Resources DirectorThe Kroger Co. - Conestoga, PA
Department: Turkey Hill Dairy
Post End Date:
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Executive Vice President
Position Supervises: All Human Resources associates
Pay Level: 10
FLSA Status: Exempt
Serve on the Executive Team and assist the President and Executive Vice President in achieving the Company's vision, mission and goals. Lead and manage the overall vision of Human Resources (HR) services, policies, and programs to ensure that departmental goals are established and aligned with the Company's goals. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Oversee the implementation of Human Resources programs. * Lead the development of department goals, objectives, and systems. Establish departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the Company's strategic goals. * Monitor administration to establish standards and procedures and identify opportunities for improvement. * Develop and monitor an annual budget for HR services. * Develop and monitor compensation strategies with management team. Partner with the Controller on the development of annual budgets for wages, bonus and benefits. * Assist with the annual planning of the Company's philanthropic and charitable giving. * Direct the delivery and administration of Workers Compensation benefits for associates to maximize benefits and minimize costs. * Establish an in-house associate training system that addresses company strategic objectives including needs assessment, new hire orientation, management development, cross-training where appropriate, regulatory compliance, enduring principles, safety, and quality, as well as measuring training impact. * Manage associate communications and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, associate satisfaction surveys, newsletters, associate focus groups, one-on-one meetings, and intranet use. * Select and supervise Human Resources consultants, attorneys, and training specialists. * Design, direct, and manage a company-wide process of organization development that will improve succession planning, superior workforce development, key associate retention, organization design, and change management. * Partner with senior management and the human resource department to facilitate personnel administration and to assure compliance with pertinent legal and policy issues. * Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements. * Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems. * Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles. * Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports. * Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
* Must be at least 18 years of age. * Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Psychology, or Business Administration/Management required.
DESIRED PREVIOUS JOB EXPERIENCE
* 8-10 years of progressive experience in Human Resources. * 5 years of management experience.
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Kroger Manufacturing: Through quality products, strong individual commitments and team spirit, Kroger has been established as a leader in the manufacturing industry. Kroger Manufacturing provides career development programs aligned with aspirations in Engineering, Process Management, Information Systems, Quality Assurance, Operations Management, Human Resources, Finance and Procurement. Our work force programs provide technically challenging rotations with cross-functional teams, plants and locations to allow our Associates to learn from some of the brightest minds in the business. Experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from plant sponsors prepare our Associates with the skills and leadership behaviors needed to achieve a successful career at Kroger.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly 443,000 associates who serve customers in 2,796 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Kroger and its subsidiaries operate an expanding ClickList offering - a personalized, order online, pick up at the store service - in addition to 2,253 pharmacies, 787 convenience stores, 324 fine jewelry stores, 1,439 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is recognized as one of America's most generous companies for its support of more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners, breast cancer research and awareness, the military and their families, and more than 145,000 community organizations including schools. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: PA || Conestoga || 2601 River Rd. || 17516 || Turkey Hill Dairy || None || Human Resources || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || None
3 days 20 hours ago
applyTHD Human Resources Director The Kroger Co. - Conestoga, PA, United States
In 1883, Barney Kroger invested his life savings of $372 to open a grocery store at 66 Pearl Street in downtown Cincinnati. The son of a merchant, he ran his business with a simple motto: “Be particular. Never sell anything you would not want yourself.”
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Conestoga, PA:
- View More Jobs in Conestoga, PA
- More THD Human Resources Director Jobs in Conestoga, PA
- More HR Jobs in Conestoga, PA
- More The Kroger Co. Jobs in Conestoga, PA
View More Jobs in Pennsylvania:
- View More Jobs in Pennsylvania
- More THD Human Resources Director Jobs in Pennsylvania
- More HR Jobs in Conestoga, PA
- More The Kroger Co. Jobs in Pennsylvania