Systems EngineerAlaska Airlines - CA, USA
Manager of Avionics and Systems Engineering
MEET VIRGIN AMERICA
Virgin America is on a brand new path to make flying good again. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Alaska Airlines, we have grown to be the premier airlines for people on the West Coast, with a reputation for creating extraordinary and stylish journeys for our guests and teammates. As a result, we've won numerous awards, topping best airlines, best employers, and best operations lists year after year. If you have the thirst and creativity to make this the most loved airline in the sky, we promise to make this a company where inspired people like you will always love to work.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- The Systems Engineer is responsible to the Manager of Avionics and Systems Engineering for assuring compliance with Company and FAA requirements.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Authority
- Possess knowledge of the maintenance sections of the Company's General Maintenance Manual, Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Program (CAMP), Minimum Equipment List (MEL), operations specifications, and the applicable engineering, maintenance and inspection provisions of each section.
- Plan and direct the execution of inspection standards, methods and procedures used in complying with all applicable 14 CFR regulations and manufacturer's recommendations.
- Ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations, ATA standards, and Company policy.
- Review and revise technical data files as needed to reflect the current configuration of Aircraft, Engines, and Components.
- Complete assignments as defined by the Manager of Avionics and Systems Engineering and the Operational Review Board (ORB).
- Provide programs covering other maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations that ensure that maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations are performed in accordance company manuals and each aircraft released to service is airworthy and has been properly maintained for operation under 14 CFR part 121.
- Create, and revise maintenance work tasks cards as defined by the maintenance program.
- Review and perform a timely disposition of Airworthiness Directives and Service Bulletins. Author Engineering Orders to maintain the operational reliability of the fleet.
- Support Maintenance Control by providing technical consultation in the evaluation and troubleshooting of inoperative equipment and maintenance messages.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of reliability measures of fleet, maintenance, and operational parameters.
- Provide input and coordination in the review and revision of the Minimum Equipment List (MEL).
- Perform technical review of all applicable service related technical documents for incorporation into Virgin America's Maintenance program or Aircraft Configuration Management as appropriate and validated by safety, reliability or company requirements.
- Accomplish other tasks as directed by the Manager, Avionics and Systems Engineering.
- Travel (up to 20%) will be required to support aircraft modifications, emergency field service and maintenance visits.
- Technical or Engineering degree
- At least 8 years of experience in the design and or maintenance of large turbine aircraft, which includes at least five (5) years of experience in Airline and/or FAA Repair Station management positions relating to aircraft systems.
- Knowledge of SFAR 88 is not required, but is greatly desired.
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant Certificate is a plus.
The location for this position is in San Francisco, California
Please apply on or before: November 21, 2017
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.
18 days 17 hours ago
applySystems Engineer Alaska Airlines - , CA, United States
Working together to build a diverse and inclusive company where everyone feels valued, committed and connected.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Senior VMWare Linux System Engineer
Palo Alto, CA
- System Engineer
Silver Spring, MD
- EW/EA - Electronic Warfare Systems Engineer
- Windows Engineer Systems Engineer Systems Admin
New York City, NY
- Junior Systems Engineer
Annapolis Junction, MD
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Systems Engineer Jobs in California
- More Engineering Jobs in CA, USA
- More IT Jobs in CA, USA
- More Alaska Airlines Jobs in California