System Admin Windows ServerWhole Foods Market IP, L.P. - Austin, TX
Configure, implement, oversee, monitor, and maintain highly complex server, storage, and data center environments and related projects.
- This is a level 2 support role for the Windows support team - Implement, configure, monitor, and maintain development, test, QA, and production and development windows servers; provide input into design/implementation specifications.
- Provide business and after-hours support of windows server environment.
- Participate in a weekly after-hour on-call process with Windows Server support team.
- Troubleshoot system malfunctions and/or other unsatisfactory occurrences, and provide analysis and recommendations for resolution and prevention.
- Coordinate and communicate the change control process to peer teams and business partners.
- Assist business partners with server performance data from numerous indicators.
- Direct engagement with Microsoft PMC for critical incidents.
- Implement requested changes to the production environment.
- Monitor and analyze system performance and provide recommendations for improvement, including system tuning and hardware integration.
- Provide input into system design and capacity planning; provide documentation to support system architecture.
- Train other system administrators; serve as point of escalation for system issues.
- Adhere to established security, support, and testing policies and procedures.
- Participate in external vendor management issues.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Proficiency in implementing and supporting Windows servers 2003, 2008R2, 2012, 2016 across several domains in large data center environments.
- Knowledge in data center networking and telecommunications.
- Proficiency in system hardware architecture and implementation.
- Experience Active Directory usage, for creation, modifying, or removing elevated AD Objects.
- Experienced with GPO, DNS, DHCP queries and some configuration.
- Experienced with Change, Incident, Problem management and attend Root Cause Analysis meetings for recurring PRD incidents.
- PowerShell Scripting for Ad hoc AD queries or larger enterprise audits.
- Experienced with SCOM & DataDog for monitoring.
- Experience with weekly on-call and schedule weekend Maintenance Window work.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced and team environment while managing individual workload.
- Ability to interact with peers in a professional manner and assist team members with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Experience with SOX/PCI audits and compliance.
- Experience providing remote support and troubleshooting.
- Desire to maintain up-to-date knowledge of new technologies and willingness to teach others.
Desired Work Experiences
- 4 year degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Production-level support and implementation services in data center environment (2-4 years).
- AWS support and experience is a plus.
- Experienced with ITIL and ServiceNow ITSM.
At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
10 days 19 hours ago
applySystem Admin Windows Server Whole Foods Market IP, L.P. - Austin, TX, United States
Who are we? Well, we seek out the finest natural and organic foods available, maintain the strictest quality standards in the industry, and have an unshakeable commitment to sustainable agriculture. Add to that the excitement and fun we bring to shopping for groceries, and you start to get a sense of what we’re all about. Oh yeah, we’re a mission-driven company too.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- VMware Administrator
Round Rock, TX
- Principal System Architect
- System Admin Windows Server
- Systems Engineer - Mid
- Senior Systems Analyst - DevOps - Enterprise Ops
View More Jobs in Austin, TX:
- View More Jobs in Austin, TX
- More System Admin Windows Server Jobs in Austin, TX
- More IT Jobs in Austin, TX
- More Whole Foods Market IP, L.P. Jobs in Austin, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More System Admin Windows Server Jobs in Texas
- More IT Jobs in Austin, TX
- More Whole Foods Market IP, L.P. Jobs in Texas