Supv, Project ControlsEntergy Corporation - Russellville, AR
Primary Location: Arkansas-Russellville
Job Function: Power Plant
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Not approved
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1.00
Req ID: 75062
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
Responsible for all estimating, scheduling and cost control process implementation for Project and Maintenance Services department.
1. Obtains concurrence for project Cost Estimates from Project Management, the Implementing Craft and Field Engineering. Tracks project cost working with Business Services and informs Management of potential and real cost over runs and any additional scope added to the project.
2. Prepares/ reviews P3e project schedules. Controls changes to the project schedule as the project develops. Develops/ reviews work breakdown structures for major projects.
3. Assists in development of the capital budgets by reviewing the site AMPs for projects and working with management to determine capital spending for the upcoming years.
4. Works with the various organizations to obtain project approvals in accordance with existing procedures. Researches and recommends cost saving potential to management.
5. Participates in the budgeting process for nuclear project(s). Prepares effective and consistent fiscal information to site Management. Proficiency with current computer business applications including P3e scheduling tools.
Minimum education required of the position
High School diploma. Desired: B.S. degree in Engineering or other discipline generally associated with power plant operations or equivalent work experience.
Minimum experience required of the position
6 years of nuclear power plant experience in Design and/or Field Engineering, Cost Accounting,
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
Practiced knowledge of cost accounting / project scheduling / estimating techniques. Technical understanding of nuclear generation principles and operation. Outstanding communication, conflict management, and change management skills. Proficiency with current computer business applications including P3e scheduling tools.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
Desired: SRO license or certification on a PWR or BWR.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Pre-employment Testing: One way that Entergy has found to identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs is through pre-employment testing. If this position does require an EEI test, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting. If you are invited to a test session, we strongly recommend you review and complete the practice test as well as review the testing brochure for your respective test. The test brochure will give you critical information on the test such as time allocated and number of questions. Also, keep in mind that the actual test is timed; you should practice timing yourself while doing the practice tests. The practice test information and test brochures can be located by going to the EEI website, http://www.eei.org/practicetests, Logon ID: entergy, password: practice test (2 words).
In addition to EEI testing there is also Fit-for-Duty testing which will identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs. If this position does require Fit-for-Duty testing, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting.
8 days 22 hours ago
applySupv, Project Controls Entergy Corporation - Russellville, AR, United States
We suffered an employee fatality in 2012 and a contractor fatality in 2013. In 2012, employee lost-time injuries increased over 2011. This safety performance is devastating. We are working to build greater safety awareness and a stronger safety culture. Achieving an accident-free work environment for our employees and contractors remains a top priority.
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Russellville, AR:
- View More Jobs in Russellville, AR
- More Supv Project Controls Jobs in Russellville, AR
- More Entergy Corporation Jobs in Russellville, AR
View More Jobs in Arkansas:
- View More Jobs in Arkansas
- More Supv Project Controls Jobs in Arkansas
- More Entergy Corporation Jobs in Arkansas