Supply Chain AnalystCarpenter Technology Corporation - Reading, PA
Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys, nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels and tool steels. Carpenters high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of innovation, Carpenters wrought and powder technology capabilities support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive manufacturing.
SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYST
The Supply Chain Planner & Inventory Analyst will be responsible for the overall direction of material parts inside the plant operations. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring a clear understanding of true customer demand and adjusting the part flow accordingly, and driving problem solving to enable inventory reduction and availability throughout the plant. This position will be responsible for analyzing output from that sales and operation planning process in order to drive the material system appropriately. This role has a strong emphasis on communicating effectively and to ensure product is ordered/scheduled appropriately based on changes to the material system. This position has a strong interaction with the operations team to ensure product is being completed timely to sustain high on time delivery to the customer. This position will be a champion for the material process in the plant and will promote problem solving at the point of impact. The role requires ownership of discovery, interpretation, and communication of meaningful patterns in the data.
- Develop production plans and schedules to meet demand from customer sales orders and forecasted requirements within the stated capacity through the manufacturing resources.
- Executes production schedules in a timely manner to meet customer demand and delivery goals. Conducts daily reviews of immediate and pending shortages to alleviate any supply chain bottlenecks and maintain optimal inventory levels.
- Leads the production planning process on-site communicating with production, customer service, management and other functions to ensure plans meet all commitments.
- Ability to access the capacity plan and initiate counter-measures (i.e. alternative resources) to insure maximum throughput and delivery performance.
- Establish and maintains the appropriate stocking and manufacturing strategy for each product (i.e. Make-to-stock, Make-to-order, etc.) simultaneously considering the production lead-times and commercial requirements while balancing the risk of lost sales against the carrying of excess inventory.
- Manage and monitor supply orders from release through completion, and taking ownership of leading the resolution of any production issues that may prevent the on-time delivery to the customer in full.
- Optimize inventory to simultaneously maximize customer service levels and inventory turns while simultaneously minimizing risk of inventory obsolescence and carrying costs.
- With experience, lead project teams that will require analytical and advanced supply chain management skills.
- Review key metrics in delivery performance, inventory turns, throughput time, (etc.) and initiate counter-measures to improve trends where appropriate.
- Gain an in-depth experience in the Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and Scheduling systems to insure data accuracy and maximum/optimal use of system resources.
- Able to simultaneously manage and balance the needs of the day-to-day business requirements while simultaneously progressing on driving continuous improvement activities.
- Ability to anticipate and prevent problems before they occur on his/her own initiative vs. reacting to issues after they already exist.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Disciplined and process-oriented.
- Bachelors degree preferred with a focus in supply chain, business, engineering, or related field and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience in supply chain.
- Industrial manufacturing experience preferred.
- CPIM or CSCP certification preferred.
- Certification in either CPIM or CSCP is required within 2 years of employment.
- Strong communication and interactive skills that that can work effectively across multiple cross functional boundaries and have the ability to be involved with continuous improvement problem solving tasks.
- Self-Starter who can creatively drive continuous improvement on their own initiative.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, computer and basic business skills. Able to bring clarity and optimal solutions from abstract information.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporations policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
17 days 22 hours ago
applySupply Chain Analyst Carpenter Technology Corporation - Reading, PA, United States
Carpenter (NYSE:CRS) is a leader in the development, manufacture and distribution of cast/wrought and powder metal stainless steels and specialty alloys. Our worldwide staff of expert metallurgists, research and development scientists, engineers and service professionals work closely with you to find innovative solutions for your specific product requirements.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Director of Driver Strategy (Enterprise/Strategic Initiative...
- Director of Driver Strategy (Enterprise / Strategic Initiati...
- EHS Manager for Distribution Warehouse Operations \u2013 Log...
- Project Manager - Human Resource (Project Planning and Commu...
- Director of Driver Strategy (Enterprise\/Strategic Initiativ...
View More Jobs in Reading, PA:
- View More Jobs in Reading, PA
- More Supply Chain Analyst Jobs in Reading, PA
- More Logistics Jobs in Reading, PA
- More Carpenter Technology Corporation Jobs in Reading, PA
View More Jobs in Pennsylvania:
- View More Jobs in Pennsylvania
- More Supply Chain Analyst Jobs in Pennsylvania
- More Logistics Jobs in Reading, PA
- More Carpenter Technology Corporation Jobs in Pennsylvania