Supervisor IIBaxter. - Cleveland, MS
Supervisor II','180009T8','!*!About Baxter
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
- Supervisor is expected to provide guidance, support, direction and leadership through positive interactions with all personnel during daily operations.
- Responsible for supervising the day-to-day production, scheduling, staffing, material management, compliance, training and auditing activities – to meet customer requirements including deadlines and quality standards.
- Responsible for producing product within budget standards.
- Responsible for labor efficiency, schedule, preventive maintenance and any scheduled overtime.
- Responsible for maintaining high level of housekeeping and organization via 6s Lean Manufacturing Concept.
- Interview, hire, coach, motivate, develop and discipline Packing employees. Conduct annual performance reviews for all direct reports. Assist in setting performance objectives and development plans. Monitor progress.
- Review, approve, and manage documentation for batch and system records. Assist in release of product for distribution. Facilitate the achievement of product release time goals.
- Ensure that training programs are designed to enable the Packing Operation to consistently execute all manufacturing processes with strict compliance to cGMPs and EHS regulations.
- Must be able to understand and analyze manufacturing costs and financial measurements.
- Must be able to analyze product/process flow of total manufacturing systems.
- Must be able to apply appropriate analysis tools to identify improvements (process flow analysis, work sampling, lean manufacturing concepts, statistical analysis).
- Must be able to act as catalyst for process improvement efforts in the area.
- Develop, coach, and provide leadership for project teams and various process improvement teams with the Packing Operation.
- Develop and implement performance measurement and internal auditing programs in order to routinely evaluate operation efficiency and quality. Implement changes as needed based on assessments.
- Perform/lead technical reviews, investigations and process improvement projects. Provide manufacturing input into integration and validation of new equipment and processes.
- Resolves technical, material and cGMP problems that may impact project deadlines. Provide guidance and troubleshooting assistance as needed during a deviation in the process.
- Provide information as necessary to the FDA and other auditing functions that establish credibility and demonstrate compliance with cGMPs.
- Provide a positive and equitable working environment emphasizing the Baxter Shared Values: Respect/Responsiveness/Results.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing Principles and other manufacturing concepts to the Packing Operation to improve operational performance.
- Identify and implement technologies and continuous improvement projects, within the committed schedules and budgets, to ensure competitive advantages for the operation.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects of varying complexity and type.
- Patiently and persistently pursue long-term projects, or projects involving a high level of regulatory compliance, through to completion.
- Work closely with other plant support functions to address and resolve process exception issues in a timely manner.
- Assist in the development and execution of protocols and process evaluation studies related to the operation.
- Must have knowledge of both plant and department environmental health and safety regulations and comply with said regulations accordingly.
- Must perform all other duties and responsibilities as determined by supervision/management. ','!*!
Bachelor degree, preferred, in science, business, engineering or technical discipline.
Collect and analyze data and information to determine paths for process improvement and potential root cause/corrective actions in the case of exceptions.
- Interact with all levels of personnel to analyze and solve problems related to manufacturing, quality, documentation, and personnel issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and facilitate a team atmosphere.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to interface well with other departments, and lead effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Ability to understand GMPs and other regulatory guidelines applicable to the medical/pharmaceutical industry.
- Be able to effectively communicate, through verbal or written means, with employees and management. In addition, srong writing skills necessary to prepare technical reports when necessary.
- Strong computer skills. Be able to effectively utilize word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to respond to detailed inquiries, and present information to groups and senior management.
- Work any shift and overtime as deemed necessary.
- May be required to supervise multiple groups.
- Ability to sit, stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 75 pounds repetitively
- Ability to bend/stoop
- Ability to climb ladders
- Audiometric testing and hearing protection required
- Meet visual acuity requirements as documented in Baxter Cleveland visual acuity procedure CL-01-01-037.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the LawEEO is the law - Poster SupplementPay Transparency Policy
Reasonable AccommodationsBaxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.','Manufacturing','United States of America-Mississippi-Cleveland','','Global Operations - Manufacturing','Full-time','Supervisor II
23 days 19 hours ago
Please review all application instructions before applying.
Baxter International Inc. (NYSE:BAX), through its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures and markets products that save and sustain the lives of people with hemophilia, immune disorders, infectious diseases, kidney disease, trauma, and other chronic and acute medical conditions. As a global, diversified healthcare company, Baxter applies a unique combination of expertise in medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology to create products that advance patient care worldwide. Baxter had 2013 sales of $15.3 billion and has approximately 61,500 employees.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Planning Specialist II-Electrical
Cedar Rapids, IA
- Field Service Engineer (Chicago Suburbs, IL) Field Based Ill...
Vernon Hills, IL
- Engineer II, VV
Franklin Lakes, NJ
- Mechanical Engineer / Project Engineer
San Jose, CA
- Manufacturing Supervisor, Team Leader II (2nd shift)
View More Jobs in Cleveland, MS:
- View More Jobs in Cleveland, MS
- More Supervisor II Jobs in Cleveland, MS
- More Engineering Jobs in Cleveland, MS
- More Baxter. Jobs in Cleveland, MS
View More Jobs in Mississippi:
- View More Jobs in Mississippi
- More Supervisor II Jobs in Mississippi
- More Engineering Jobs in Cleveland, MS
- More Baxter. Jobs in Mississippi