Superintendent (NE)D.R. Horton, Inc. - Pleasanton, CA
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S.
, was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website atwww.drhorton.comfor more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a
**for theirCA/IL ConstructionDepartment. The right candidate willmanage all functions of the job site as it relates to home construction. Manage construction of multiple homes from dirt through closing while maximizing profits and maintaining excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Plan and direct construction activities of the Assistant Superintendents, Labors, and other staff as assigned * Responsible for construction and presentation of the homes in a timely manner * Schedule all involved contractors on-site as well as off-site for each phase of development and construction. Complete each home site on schedule from planning through occupancy, ensuring that all contract obligations are satisfied. Approves work being performed by subcontractors and handles any issues that may arise * Confirm all approved plans to verify home site is built per plan and specifications. Ensure that the selected options and upgrades are implemented during construction and for homeowner walk-through * Maintain a safe work site by implementing good housekeeping regulations and safety requirements, enforcing safe work habits and observing OSHA and any state-level agencies' regulations * Be aware of ever changing applicable building codes and OSHA requirements * Achieve the highest quality work and homeowner satisfaction through effective management of resources and the construction process * Monitor subdivision cleanliness and hold the subcontractors responsible for daily clean-up * Conduct detailed inspections after each trade has completed its tasks and before any work is authorized for payment * Establish and maintain contact with appropriate city officials and inspectors as needed and verify that city final is complete and passed by the city inspector * Walk each completed home before homeowner walk-through to make sure it is complete, clean and meets standards * Perform checklists and reports that aid in controlling aspects of the construction process under his or her responsibility * Prepare punch-list audit for each home and ensure that all punch-list items have been completed prior to homeowner orientations/occupancy * Manage project close-out and final documentation * Total involvement with training, communication and development of Assistant Superintendents and field personnel as assigned * Must have a vehicle, a valid driver's license and be willing to travel
*Supervisory Responsibilities *
Directly supervises one or more employees in the Construction Department and/or a various number of subcontractors in the field. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental.
/Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton,America's Builder./
Comefollowour newest Open Jobs on Twitter andlikeus on Facebook!
9 days 22 hours ago
applySuperintendent (NE) D.R. Horton, Inc. - Pleasanton, CA, United States
Of livable and affordable new homes built with unmatched efficiencies and uncompromising quality. Of family traditions passed on to new generations. Of a business that would grow by making customers’ dreams a reality.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Construction Crew Leader
- Residential Site Superintendent
- Construction Remodel Foreman
- Project Manager -Modernization
Broadview Heights, OH
- Assistant Superintendent - Springfield, NE
View More Jobs in Pleasanton, CA:
- View More Jobs in Pleasanton, CA
- More Superintendent (NE) Jobs in Pleasanton, CA
- More Construction Jobs in Pleasanton, CA
- More D.R. Horton, Inc. Jobs in Pleasanton, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Superintendent (NE) Jobs in California
- More Construction Jobs in Pleasanton, CA
- More D.R. Horton, Inc. Jobs in California