State Tax ManagerKemper Corporation. - Chicago, IL
Kemper is looking for a State Tax Manager to join its Chicago-based Tax Department.
The State Tax Manager will manage Kemper’s state and local tax compliance, reporting, audit and planning functions and participate in company initiatives. The State Tax Manager will work closely with tax department teammates and business partners in managing Kemper’s state and local taxes. The successful candidate must be well organized and able to manage large numbers of filings as well as drive tax planning activities.
• Drive a centralization strategy to bring Kemper’s state and local tax functions to Chicago
• Direct and oversee premium, retaliatory, municipal, sales and use, income and property taxes ensuring compliance with state and local tax laws
• Identify and implement resource plans to meet filing obligations
• Identify and implement tax planning initiatives
• Work with functions outside of tax including procurement, accounts payable and treasury teams
• Coordinate examinations by tax authorities
• Lead process improvement and/or technology implementation projects
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field or equivalent training
• 5+ years of relevant state and local tax experience with an accounting or law firm or in-house tax function
• 2+ years leading people
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
• Track record in prioritizing competing demands, sound decision making and delivering results on tight timelines
• Ability to analyze and review tax law, make recommendations and take action
• Effective interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Ability to exhibit flexibility and initiative in providing solutions
• Experience with Premium Pro tax software
• CPA a plus
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
• Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
• Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
• Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
• Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
• Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
• Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
• Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.
Kemper at a glance
With $8 billion in assets, Kemper is one of the nation's leading insurers. The Kemper family of City life and health business. To effectively serve in this role, you will need to communicate with field offices, team members, and management. You must promote and follow department policies, regulatory requirements companies specializes in home, auto, life, health and valuables insurance products for individuals, families and businesses.
Kemper’s underwriting companies* are rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, the leading insurance industry rating authority. Kemper services six million policies and ranks among the top 25 personal lines property and casualty writers and the 2016 Ward’s 50 Top Performers list of life insurance companies.
*Alliance United Insurance Company is not rated.
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice. An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
+MO +CB -LJ -GD -IN -MSJ –PT +GIJ
74 days 2 hours ago
applyState Tax Manager Kemper Corporation. - Chicago, IL, United States
Kemper is a diversified insurance holding company with subsidiaries that provide an array of products to the individual and small business market. Kemper Personal and Commercial Lines sells Auto, Home and Package Plus policies through independent agencies. Kemper Specialty California sells personal Auto insurance in the state of California through independent agents and brokers to customers who may have had difficulties obtaining or maintaining insurance in the past. Kemper Direct sells Auto and Home by phone and online. Kemper also offers Life and Health Insurance through Kemper Home Service Companies and Reserve National.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- International Tax Manager - Financial Services
- Senior Manager, M&A Tax
- Portfolio Manager
- Manager Human Capital Advisory Payroll
- State and Local Tax Manager - Income Franchise - Military ve...
View More Jobs in Chicago, IL:
- View More Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More State Tax Manager Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Accounting Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Kemper Corporation. Jobs in Chicago, IL
View More Jobs in Illinois:
- View More Jobs in Illinois
- More State Tax Manager Jobs in Illinois
- More Accounting Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Kemper Corporation. Jobs in Illinois