Staff HR AdvisorAdvanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Austin, TX
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the extra mile to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD is looking for a HR Business Advisor to join our HR team located in Austin.This role will be a hybrid role with a focus on Reporting/Program Management and HR Generalist work. This position will be responsible for analyzing and interpreting data, project manage and support HRBPs to ensure that project/programs are rolled out and managed with operational excellence. He/She will also have a consultative capacity to coach and provide guidance to AMD management on HR insight through the application of AMD HR policy and strategies. The successful candidate will consult and assist with the administration of HR programs such as performance management, compensation planning, talent planning, and employee relations matters while identifying areas for process improvement. This is a unique opportunity for a passionate HR professional who has a demonstrated ability to multitask and perform in a fast paced environment, while having a strong ability to consult, provide guidance and be solutions oriented.
- Ability to analyze and manage large amounts of information and effectively present data to drive action.
- Develops executive summaries for leadership
- Applies specific knowledge of the business to the data analytics, identifies trends and areas of interest that are useful and actionable for HR and business leaders
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to link content across several disciplines
Program Management Responsibilities
- Manage and support the planning, development and successful implementation of cyclical HR programs across several business lines partnering with multiple HRBPs (Ie. Performance Management, Rewards Planning, Talent Planning, Engagement Surveys)
- Preparing and implementing program structure and timelines
- Provide ongoing communication to key stakeholders to ensure they are aware of significant changes, milestones or updates
HR Generalist Responsibilities
- Consult and support management and HR Business Partners in the administration of HR programs, strategies and initiatives across various AMD Functional Business Units specifically in the areas of talent acquisition, compensation planning, organization effectiveness, change management, leadership development, talent management, performance management, employee relations, workforce planning, and data analytics.
- Coach managers in understanding and applying people tools, policies and procedures in order to maximize employee performance, achieve organizational effectiveness, improve employee engagement, and ensure legal compliance.
- Provide HR operational support to AMD management teams and HR Business Partners
- Promote feedback mechanisms to influence the continuous improvement of HR and the HR Advisor team
- Manage specific projects as determined and contribute to functional and cross-functional initiatives.
- Provide input on the development of HR policies, partnering with HR Centers of Excellence, legal, finance, and other functions as needed.
- Partner and team with colleagues inside HR to innovate, enhance, align and drive the effectiveness of enterprise-wide HR programs and initiatives.
- Identify and drive the sharing of best practices across functions to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Bachelors degree required in HR or related discipline from an accredited university
Skills and Experience
- Strong HR Generalist background with 3-5 years of HR experience; strong background in consultative role
- Strong HR operational skills
- Maintain and promote relationships with the wider HR colleagues and teams
- Proven analytical capability and problem-solving skills with the ability to independently research, assess, interpret and validate data and to make connections and tell the story
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills, adept at managing through influence, with the ability to interact effectively with multiple partners across the HRBP group and at various levels within the organization (business, technical, senior and executive management).
- Technical / systems knowledge, specifically Microsoft Office products (
and Word), and HR / TA information systems (e.g. Success Factors)
- Willingness to learn and research, with an enthusiasm for professional development.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and deliver effectively on ad hoc requests.
- Naturally collaborative and motivated by working a team agenda, with the motivation and ability to work independently
High attention to detail and high standards for precision in deliverables and execution.
Job Function: Human Resources
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click for more information.
Nearest Major Market:
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
14 days 1 hour ago
applyStaff HR Advisor Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Austin, TX, United States
We design and build the technology that accelerates and enhances the applications that power millions of computing devices, embedded and gaming systems, digital devices and cloud servers used every day in work and play.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Human Resources Business Partner
- Human Resources Advisor
- Lead Resource Management Specialist
View More Jobs in Austin, TX:
- View More Jobs in Austin, TX
- More Staff HR Advisor Jobs in Austin, TX
- More HR Jobs in Austin, TX
- More Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Jobs in Austin, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Staff HR Advisor Jobs in Texas
- More HR Jobs in Austin, TX
- More Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Jobs in Texas