Staff Data Scientist / Big Data / Analytics / Grand Prairie, TXLockheed Martin Corporation - Grand Prairie, TX
Job Description :
Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) is a recognized designer, developer and manufacturer of precision engagement aerospace and defense systems for the U.S. and allied militaries. This is Lockheed Martin’s lead business unit for research development and production of manned and unmanned ground-vehicle systems, electro-optical and smart munitions systems and is a pioneer in the field of versatile, high-performance missile and rocket technology.
This position is for a Data Scientist to join the advanced computational engineering production analytics team. The Data Scientist identifies meaningful insights from complex datasets, and develops machine learning based models for improving manufacturing processes. Maintains awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies. Experience designing efficient algorithms with programming languages and tools for data manipulation and statistical analysis. Experience designing efficient data mining and text mining frameworks with related tools. Position requires self-motivated individuals combined with hands-on entrepreneurial spirit and exceptional drive, with the ability to work in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Grand Prairie is part of the “Mid-Cities” region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. This North Central region of Texas is a great place to live and to raise a family. The region is home to numerous colleges and universities to include University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Arlington, University of North Texas, Southern Methodist University, and Texas Woman's University. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
- Ability to build predictive models, such as generalized linear, decision tree, neural network models, and ensembles
- Ability to perform model selection and evaluation
- Proficiency with SQL and R
- Experience designing efficient algorithms with Statistical programming environments
- Experience with integration and cleansing of disparate or incomplete data sets to deliver insight
- An understanding of traditional business intelligence and data warehousing concepts (ETL, data modeling, and reporting)
- Masters or PhD in quantitative analytics, or related field
- Experience in applied machine learning, optimization, and simulation
- Strong problem-solving capabilities; ability to devise solutions for complex business problems
- Experience with two or more of the following: R, SQL, SAS JMP, Tableau, SAP HANA, SQL Server, Python, Hadoop, KNIME, Statistica
- Domain knowledge of Aerospace & Defense industry, particularly in the manufacturing domain
- Knowledge of SAP ERP Systems, Applications and Processes and data constructs, as it applies to Production Operations
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Grand Prairie Texas
Security Clearance :
Business Unit :
ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Job Class :
Job Category :
Relocation Available :
Work Schedule :
FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day
Req Type :
Additional Posting Locations :
Apply to Job(s)
10 days 22 hours ago
applyStaff Data Scientist / Big Data / Analytics / Grand Prairie, TX Lockheed Martin Corporation - Grand Prairie, TX, United States
Our employees are the core of our business here at Lockheed Martin. As the leading global security & aerospace company—and the #1 IT provider to the U.S. government—Lockheed Martin is a 115,000 person-strong team working to support the U.S. and its allies in the research, development and sustainment of advanced technology systems & services worldwide. Specialties Aeronautics, Information Technology, Space Systems, Defense, Technology, Cyber Security Over one hundred years ago, on August 16, 1912, Glenn L. Martin established the Glenn L. Martin Company in Los Angeles, California. He started the company after building his first plane in a rented church, where he took a leap of faith on his risky but innovative new aircraft design at the urging of none other than Orville Wright. Four months later and four hundred miles away, on December 19, 1912, Allan and Malcolm Lockheed founded the Alco Hydro-Aeroplane Company, later renamed the Lockheed Aircraft Company. Talented mechanics, they set up shop out of a garage, constructing seaplanes that would shatter speed and distance records for overwater flights.
View More Jobs in Grand Prairie, TX:
- View More Jobs in Grand Prairie, TX
- More Staff Data Scientist Big Data Analytics Grand Prairie TX Jobs in Grand Prairie, TX
- More Lockheed Martin Corporation Jobs in Grand Prairie, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Staff Data Scientist Big Data Analytics Grand Prairie TX Jobs in Texas
- More Lockheed Martin Corporation Jobs in Texas