Staff AttorneyAmerican Association for Health Freedom - Atlanta, GA
ANH-USA is seeking a full-time Staff Attorney to represent ANH-USA before federal agencies, in court, and before legislative bodies when appropriate. This position is primarily a program attorney position, with a focus on advocacy and policy work. This role is based in Atlanta, GA and reports directly to the Executive and Legal Director.
- Play a central role in researching, developing, and implementing legal responses to administrative proceedings as part of ANH-USA’s campaign to protect natural health treatments and methods from inappropriate government regulation;
- Advocate for opportunities to advance ANH-USA’s mission;
- Work on our campaign to protect bio-identical hormones by researching and providing guidance on issues of intellectual property and patent law;
- Support ANH-USA campaigns by providing legal insight;
- Play a leadership role in developing ANH-USA’s current and future strategy, and identify opportunities for engagement;
- As relevant, develop and pursue strategic litigation to advance ANH-USA’s goals, with a focus on precedent-setting legal claims; and
- Along with other staff, track legal, policy, scientific, and economic analyses relevant to ANH-USA campaigns, and synthesize that information for use in advocacy and legal pursuits.
- Must be familiar with and have some experience with regulatory law and the Administrative Procedures Act, the FDA, and food and drug law.
- Must be familiar with and have some experience with patent law.
- Must have at least 2 years experience.
- Admittance to the Georgia bar required.
- Preference given to candidates with strong advocacy skills, including negotiation, agency advocacy, and legislative lobbying.
- Effective communication skills, including excellent public speaking and writing skills.
- Familiarity with the process of building actionable non-profit campaign strategy.
- Ability to conduct in-depth and efficient legal and/or policy research and analysis.
- Ability to work well with small staff and take on roles as needed.
Please send resume and a brief cover letter highlighting your direct experience with the top qualifications listed above to Emily Porter . Qualified candidates will be contacted for follow-up interviews.
18 days 9 hours ago
American Association for Health Freedom
Please review all application instructions before applying.
The American Association for Health Freedom D.B.A. Alliance for Natural Health USA (ANH-USA)—a 501(c)4 political advocacy organization— works both on Capitol Hill and across the country to promote freedom of choice in healthcare through good science and good law. We protect access to integrative medicine by lobbying Congress and state legislatures; acting as a government watchdog; filing comments on proposed Administrative rulemakings; educating the public, press, and decision makers about the benefits of natural health; initiating legal activities (e.g., lawsuits, amicus briefs, petitions); and joining and forming diverse, issue-based coalitions. To learn more, please visit our website.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- STAFF ATTORNEY Gainesville Columbus Albany and Brunswick
- Real Estate Capital Markets Senior Associate/partner –
- Partner Level Attorney – Labor & Employment
- Staff Counsel I \/ Senior Legal Specialist
View More Jobs in Atlanta, GA:
- View More Jobs in Atlanta, GA
- More Staff Attorney Jobs in Atlanta, GA
- More Legal Jobs in Atlanta, GA
- More American Association for Health Freedom Jobs in Atlanta, GA
View More Jobs in Georgia:
- View More Jobs in Georgia
- More Staff Attorney Jobs in Georgia
- More Legal Jobs in Atlanta, GA
- More American Association for Health Freedom Jobs in Georgia