Sr. Systems Engineer- Network Operations-DMZMarriott International, Inc. - Bethesda, MD
Sr. Systems Engineer- Network Operations-DMZ
Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Sr. Systems Engineer – Network Operations
DMZ serves as a Subject Matter Expert in a complex array of solutions to meet current
and future user requirements. Reporting to the Director – Network Operations, the Sr. Systems Engineer
– Network DMZ will have operational responsibility of Marriott’s global DMZ network,
with a unwaivering focus on maintaining high availability and continuous
service improvement. S/he will be immersed in solution development, design,
engineering, integration, operation, and escalation support of network DMZ services.
Partnering with architecture, engineering, security, operational and
application experts, the Sr Systems Engineer – Network DMZ will develop,
implement and maintain DMZ services, and provide monitoring, reporting, tuning
and new automation functionalities for comprehensive solutions that meet and/or
exceed Marriott’s network operational requirements.
Undergraduate degree in an engineering or computer sciencediscipline and/or equivalent experience/certification
8 years experience in information technology,with demonstrated engineering and/or operational expertise in the followingnetwork technical areas:
BGP routing protocols, MPLS, IPSEC, VRF, Cisco ASR
Network loadbalancing (F5 networks, LTM, GTM, SSL off-loading)
Checkpoint andCisco Firewalls, IDS/IPS, WAF, zone security, URL/ application control andtraffic filtering
Network managementtools such as NetQos, AppNeta, SolarWinds, NetMRI, InfoBlox IPAM, NetScoutInfiniStream
Troubleshooting/diagnostictools such as Wireshark, Netflow, tcpdump, and NetScout
Experience in the design, implementation oroperational support of mission critical solutions in large scale environmentsand organizations
Demonstratedexperience delivering technology solutions in a fast-paced, deadlinedriven enterprise environment
Demonstrated experiencelearning and applying new technologies to solve business needs
Excellent understanding of change management, testing requirements,techniques, and tools to ensure high availability of systems
Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a wide rangeof audiences including executives, business stakeholders and IT teams
Strong attention to detailwith an ability to operate effectively across multiple priorities
Demonstrated ability toperform independently as a member of a team and through cross functionalinitiatives
Ability to work duringnon-business hours as needed and on-call rotations
Excellent verbal and written communication skills fora wide range of audiences including executives, business stakeholders and ITteams
Experience in researching emerging technologies andtrends, standards, and products
Experience in developing technology roadmaps andstrategies
Experience in project definition and management
Strong knowledge of emerging tools, software,applications, and systems for attaining best-in-class IT technology across theenterprise
Demonstratedexperience learning and applying new technologies to solve business needs
Excellent problem-solving skills workingindependently and through leading outcomes for cross functional teams
Excellent understanding of change management,testing requirements, techniques, and tools to ensure high availability ofplatforms
Strongattention to detail with an ability to operate effectively across multiplepriorities
Abilityto perform independently as a member of a team and through cross functionalinitiatives
Collaborates with engineering teams to develop networkDMZ solutions with a focus on production integration
Leads high prirotiy incidents & provides guidance toL1 & L2 network support personnel and Service Providers
Accountable to perform L3 troubleshooting for network DMZissues
Leads completion of project requests associated with DMZinfrastructure
Oversees lifecycle management of DMZ infrastructure andservices, including capacity, health and performance management
Leads and performs continuous service improvementinitiatives enhancing network DMZ availability for Marriott’s applicationservices utilizing the global network
Performs business and technical analyses on the globalDMZ environment and reports out to senior leadership
Performs project management functions associated withnetwork DMZ infrastructure
Develops, maintains and updates operational Run Books,Knowledge Base articles, architectural designs and other artifacts associatedwith DMZ infrastructure and its association with Marriott’s Global Network,systems and applications
Provides technical leadership, oversight, governance anddirection for operational services related to Marriott’s Global DMZ network
Provides technical expertise to project team forsuccessful project and change implementations
Determines customer requirements and works with sourced resources todevelop solutions to meet them
Leadsanalysis of current environment for deficiencies and provides solutions
Provides input into lifecycle, improvement,and standardization strategies
Develops and generates periodic utilizationreports to provide visibility to performance, capacity, availability and SLAmanagement
Utilize capacity data to model future stateplanning with overall strategy and goals
Provides and presents status, analysis andreporting to internal stakeholders, Executive Management and Senior Leadership
Drive the objectives associated with ProblemManagement; such as customer communication and Root Cause Analysis reports
Trains and/or mentors other team members, andpeers as appropriate
Identifies opportunities to enhance theservice delivery, operations and continual service improvement processes
Identifies best in class software and hardwareproducts to meet the needs of a world class development team
Developimplementation plans, test plans, and timelines for projects and tasks
Create and enhance administrative,operational and technical policies and procedures, adopting best practiceguidelines, standards and procedures for employees, contractors and vendorengagements
Maintainsa proper balance between business and operational risk
Management of daily infrastructure operations to ensure availabilitySLA is met for network services
Interfaces withstakeholders to establish requirements and formulate priorities forinfrastructure projects
Leads/assists inconfiguration management
Works in aconcerted effort with application development and engineering teams to resolvecomplex issues
Providesoversight, collaboration, provisioning, management and maintenance oftechnology products and service alternatives that improve the productionservices environment
Responsible forthe establishment and continuous development of monitoring and alerting for allproduction environments
Develops internalprocesses and training to ensure team members have the needed skills and toolsto support the production environments and deliver on project commitments
Performs complex quantitative and qualitativeanalyses for operational availability to promote a zero-defect environment
Facilitatesachievement of expected deliverables and obligations of Services Providers
Leads/assists operational teams in system updates &upgrades
Provides consultation for routine and complexsystems development
Ensuresearly warning to the business stakeholder executives regarding degraded ormissed service levels
Coordinateswith Plan and Build teams for deployment and production support activities
Ensures proper coordination with appropriateIT and vendor relations teams
Manages Service Providers with a focus on continuousservice improvement and service evolution
Monitors, manages and leads Service Provideroutcomes required to ensure operational availability and a zero-defectproduction environment
Consults with internal Service Management& external Service Providers on performance, business reporting, analytics metricsand business value dashboards
- Conveys information and ideas to others in aconvincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
Leading ThroughVision and Values
- Keeps theorganization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision makingand action.
- Initiates and/or manages the change process andenergizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerateits pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintainingcomposure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
Problem Solvingand Decision Making
- Identifies andunderstands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and comparesinformation from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluatesalternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Exhibitsbehavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makesa good first impression and represents the company in alignment with itsvalues.
- Develops businessplans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with thegreatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successfulpreparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing,and on-going evaluation processes.
Building aSuccessful Team
- Usesan effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires andsustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission andimportance to the organization.
– Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed tomaximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share througheffective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Sets highstandards of performance for self-and/or others; assumes responsibility forwork objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self-and/oothers toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goesbeyond what is required.
- Develops andsustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needsand actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Supportsemployees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations,and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation,engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given theopportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Developscollaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners bymaking them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnershipopportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences andleverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders(e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieveobjectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business andindustry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison betweenlocations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are receivedand corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Supports the development of other’s skillsand capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/roleresponsibilities more effectively.
- Evaluates andadapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needsand/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Actively identifies new areas for learning;regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newlygained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Understandingand utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional areato conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovativesolutions to approach function-specific work challenges
Knowledge and ability to define and apply appropriate technology toenhance business process
Knowledge of general stages of SDLC frameworkand the application tiers within the development space.
Knowledge of the security considerationsrelevant within the development space, including industry best practicesrelated to information security
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
19 days 1 hour ago
applySr. Systems Engineer- Network Operations-DMZ Marriott International, Inc. - Bethesda, MD, United States
Marriott International, Inc. is a leading hospitality company with more than 3,900 properties, 18 brands, and associates at more than 3,900 managed and franchised properties around the world. Founded by J. Willard and Alice Marriott and guided by Marriott family leadership for more than 80 years, the company is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and reported revenues of nearly $13 billion in fiscal year 2013.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Firewall Engineer Job
- Sr. Systems Engineer- Network Operations-DMZ
- Senior Network Engineer
View More Jobs in Bethesda, MD:
- View More Jobs in Bethesda, MD
- More Sr. Systems Engineer Network Operations DMZ Jobs in Bethesda, MD
- More Engineering Jobs in Bethesda, MD
- More IT Jobs in Bethesda, MD
- More Marriott International, Inc. Jobs in Bethesda, MD
View More Jobs in Maryland:
- View More Jobs in Maryland
- More Sr. Systems Engineer Network Operations DMZ Jobs in Maryland
- More Engineering Jobs in Bethesda, MD
- More IT Jobs in Bethesda, MD
- More Marriott International, Inc. Jobs in Maryland