Sr. Semiconductor Measurements Engineer/Scientist JobCorning Incorporated - Corning, NY
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning's Manufacturing, Technology, and Engineering division (MTE) is recognized as the leader in engineering excellence & innovative manufacturing technologies by providing diverse skills to Corning’s existing & emerging businesses.
We anticipate & provide timely, valued, leading edge manufacturing technologies and engineering expertise. We partner with Corning’s businesses and the Science & Technology division. Together we create and sustain Corning’s manufacturing as a differential advantage.
Scope of Position:
Develop and deploy state of the art measurement and inspection systems, specifically semiconductor industry inspection equipment, in an industrial environment.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Consult with internal customers to asses and forecast project needs. Write detailed project scope and requirements documents and develop project plans and roadmaps. Develop measurement and inspection methods and systems. Work in a lab environment, individually and as a team leader to develop hardware, software, tools, and techniques for measurement and inspection purposes, from experimental/proof of concept to robust systems for product development and pilot production.
• Project dependent, estimate up to 25%.
Hours of work/work schedule/flextime:
• Standard Hours are M-F, 8-5. flex time is supported
• MS – Engineering Physics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• 5 years or more of industrial experience in the following areas:
o Familiarity with Semiconductor industry processes and equipment
o Hands-on experience with Semiconductor inspection methods and equipment
o Measurement / inspection system development and integration
o Project management
• Optical characterization, including lens characterization
• Wafer-prober technology and systems
• Experience with wafer inspection tools for manufacturing
• Electronics design and testing
• Project planning and management
• Process development
• Experimental planning, documentation, and reporting
• Systems engineering and systems integration
• Statistical methods
• Able to work independently and as a team member, as well as the ability to lead teams
• Familiarity with matrix organizations and management structure
• Able to present/sell concepts to internal customers (strong presentation skills)
• Able to interact effectively with customers and staff (strong interpersonal skills)
• Creative problem-solving
• Ability to work in highly dynamic environments
• Vision system development
• Optical and laser measurements, optical setups, and alignment
• IR, THz, microwave imaging
• Optical design
• Motion systems and control
• Non-destructive testing
• Data management, database implementation
• Software development: VisualStudio.NET, C/C , ASP.NET, LabView, or equivalent
• Process controls, automation (PLC)
• Laser processing
• Glass/ceramics science, materials science
• Mechanical design
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Apply online at:
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: 5
Education Required: Masters
8 days 18 hours ago
applySr. Semiconductor Measurements Engineer/Scientist Job Corning Incorporated - Corning, NY, United States
Corning Incorporated manufactures and sells specialty glasses, ceramics, and related materials worldwide. The company operates through five segments: Display Technologies, Optical Communications, Environmental Technologies, Specialty Materials, and Life Sciences. The Display Technologies segment manufactures glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs) that are used primarily in notebook computers, flat panel desktop monitors, and LCD televisions. The Optical Communications segment manufactures optical fiber and cable, and hardware and equipment products comprising cable assemblies, fiber optic hardware and connectors, optical components and couplers, closures, network interface devices, and other accessories. The Environmental Technologies segment manufactures ceramic substrates and filter products for emissions control in mobile and stationary, and gasoline and diesel applications. The Specialty Materials segment manufactures products that provide approximately 150 material formulations for glass, glass ceramics, and fluoride crystals. The Life Sciences segment develops, manufactures, and supplies scientific laboratory products, such as general labware and equipment, as well as specialty surfaces, media, and reagents for cell culture research, bioprocessing, genomics, drug discovery, microbiology, and chemistry. This segment also develops and produces various technologies, including the Corning Epic technology for screening; the Corning HYPER platform of vessels for cell yields; Corning Microcarriers for cell scale-up, therapy, and vaccine applications; Corning CellBIND, Matrigel, BioCoat, and Synthemax II surfaces; and Corning stemgro media. Corning Incorporated has strategic collaboration agreement with World Kitchen, LLC. The company was formerly known as Corning Glass Works and changed its name to Corning Incorporated in April 1989. Corning Incorporated was founded in 1851 and is based in Corning, New York.
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Corning, NY:
- View More Jobs in Corning, NY
- More Sr. Semiconductor Measurements Engineer Scientist Job Jobs in Corning, NY
- More IT Jobs in Corning, NY
- More Corning Incorporated Jobs in Corning, NY
View More Jobs in New York:
- View More Jobs in New York
- More Sr. Semiconductor Measurements Engineer Scientist Job Jobs in New York
- More IT Jobs in Corning, NY
- More Corning Incorporated Jobs in New York