Sr Security Specialist - Sterling, VA OperationsRockwell Collins, Inc. - VA, USA
Requisition ID: 7116
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Security Specialist - Sterling, VA Operations to join our team in Sterling, VA (2300). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is responsible for coordinating, interpreting, implementing and enforcing Security policies and procedures in accordance with the Department of Defense (DoD) National Industrial Security Program (NISP) and other government agency directives, ensuring compliance with government and Company security policies and procedures and all appropriate local, state and federal laws.
* Coordinates and monitors sensitive aspects of the DoD, NSA or other industrial security program, ensuring compliance with government and Company security policies and procedures.
* Typical security related functions may include security clearances, classified material registry, information systems, communication security, Special Access Programs, investigations and/or physical security.
* Will conduct tasks of greater complexity and responsibility than those of a Security Specialist 2.
* Monitors and conducts security briefings and security education programs.
* Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments. Participates in determining objectives of assignment. Plans schedule and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion.
* Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
* Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies. Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would normally have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts practices and standards. Full knowledge of industry practices. A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully-qualified, career-oriented position.
US citizenship required
An active Top Secret clearance with current SSBI is required
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
Must be a team player and able to prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a broad range of personnel
Completion of DSS Facility Security Officer coursework a plus
Completion of DSS NISPOM Chapter 8 Course or RMF coursework a plus
Experience working with the ISFO Process Manual, DAAPM and the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process a plus
Knowledge or experience working special access or SCI programs a plus
Working knowledge of SIMS, eQIP, DIAS, JPAS and other DoD systems desired
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
15 days 13 hours ago
applySr Security Specialist - Sterling, VA Operations Rockwell Collins, Inc. - , VA, United States
Since its founding as Collins Radio in 1933, Rockwell Collins and its products have been recognized for distinctive quality and state-of-the-art technology. Collins Radio Company, founded by Arthur Collins in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, initially designed and produced short wave radio equipment. The company steadily grew, and captured the world's attention when Collins supplied the equipment to establish a communications link with the South Pole expedition of Rear Admiral Richard Byrd in 1933.
View More Jobs in Virginia:
- View More Jobs in Virginia
- More Sr Security Specialist Sterling VA Operations Jobs in Virginia
- More Security Jobs in VA, USA
- More Rockwell Collins, Inc. Jobs in Virginia