Sr. Project ManagerPacific Life Insurance Company - Newport Beach, CA
WHERE YOUR POTENTIAL MEETS OUR PURPOSE:
At Pacific Life, you are given the opportunities and challenges to embrace your potential and achieve your personal best, every day. What you find here is something special – it’s purposeful work done with a shared set of values that brings us all together.
Pacific Life offers life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products and services, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. Headquartered in Newport Beach, CA, Pacific Life is a Fortune 500 company with approximately 2800 employees. We pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative and results-oriented. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success.
Currently, we are seeking a talented Sr. Project Manager to join the Retirement Solutions Division based in Newport Beach, California. The Retirement Solutions Division leverages its strengths in product development, technology, services and risk management to create retirement solutions for individuals, families, and businesses. With the guidance of financial professionals, customers have access to an array of an array of annuities and mutual funds designed to help grow assets and to provide retirement income for financial independence.
The Sr. Project Manager will oversee and manage programs consisting of multiple projects, resources, technologies, and methodologies for the RSD Infrastructure team in the Retirement Solutions Division. Responsible for planning, monitoring and managing business projects from initiation through completion. Secures required resources, and uses formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks and changes. Manage projects to ensure on-time completion according to specifications and within budgeted costs. Assist in the development of business plans, strategies and approaches to take advantage of business opportunities. Serve as liaison between team members and functional area management requesting project. Provide subject matter expertise in areas including project management, project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, demand management, resource allocation, facilitation, and other areas of expertise based on professional knowledge and background. Make presentations to management on project updates, project cycle, and expected results. The ideal candidate will have a successful history of working as a project manager in a complex, fast paced environment, a sustained track record of meeting deadlines, developing high-quality deliverables, and strong reputation as a trusted business and technology advisor with internal customers, vendors, partners and senior management.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
• Lead through influence in a highly matrixed environment
• Lead positive and effective change by influencing and educating Business and IT partners
• Perform with a high degree of autonomy, while creating transparency and visibility for stakeholders, using best judgment, initiative and acute attention to detail and quality in meeting all deliverables
• The ability to effectively communicate at all levels. Excellent verbal and written communications skills are mandatory.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Skilled team player with good organizational, communicational, analytical and logical skills.
• Strong analytical skills; able to assess and solve issues in a high-pressure environment
• Strong organizational skills; must be able to multitask without sacrificing attention to detail
• Ability to manage projects to completion while maintaining scope, budget and timeline
• The ability to ensure a shared understanding of project/program vision, objectives and deliverables among sr. management, stakeholders and project team members
• 10 years of progressive experience in the management of complex projects. Strong skills in the development and documentation of process and procedures. An understanding of ITIL practices is preferred.
• 5 years of experience in a demanding technology team. Able to manage matrixed team members of various temperaments in various locations.
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college, or the equivalent work experience. Project Management Professional certifications (e.g., PMP) and Certified Scrum Master (CSM) a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences.
• Demonstrated expertise in technical and financial projects and tactical execution, project management, process management and integrating technology to meet business initiatives.
• Experience with Project Portfolio Management (PPM) process including demand management and capacity planning.
• Thorough knowledge of MS Office. Knowledge of PeopleSoft and Hyperion Planning a plus.
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: • Competitive salary and bonus program • Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees • Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) • Generous vacation time and holiday pay • And much more!
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
Apply for this job at https://pacificlife.contacthr.com/59782369
View More Pacific Life Jobs
5 days 9 hours ago
applySr. Project Manager Pacific Life Insurance Company - Newport Beach, CA, United States
For more than 146 years, Pacific Life has been helping to protect individuals and families from financial risks that can affect their investments, retirement savings, and businesses. Pacific Life offers life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, with a variety of investment products and services, all of which provide. . .The Power to Help You Succeed. A Mutual Holding Company Pacific Life Insurance Company’s organization is relatively unique as we are part of a mutual holding company structure: Policy and contract owners are members of the company. We are not a publicly traded company; therefore, we are not driven by stock price when making decisions. As a result, we can make decisions that benefit our customers and the long-term strength of the company. Our structure allows us to develop innovative products that evolve with the needs of the families and businesses we serve. Our support goes beyond just product innovation; we select businesses and markets that we understand well, can excel in, and provide value to our customers. Consistent Performance Focused on quality assets and capital growth, Pacific Life continues to be financially strong. Our investment portfolio historically produces consistent results while maintaining low exposure to non-investment-grade securities and other high-risk assets. Pacific Life maintains strong financial strength ratings from all major ratings agencies.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Structural Engineering Senior Project Manager
- Civil Engineering Senior Project Manager
- Sr. Project Manager
- GIS Senior Project Manager (Technical Consultant II)
Santa Ana, CA
View More Jobs in Newport Beach, CA:
- View More Jobs in Newport Beach, CA
- More Sr. Project Manager Jobs in Newport Beach, CA
- More Pacific Life Insurance Company Jobs in Newport Beach, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Sr. Project Manager Jobs in California
- More Pacific Life Insurance Company Jobs in California