Sr. Model Maker JobHasbro, Inc - Burbank, CA
Sr. Model Maker
LOCATION: CA - Burbank
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Regular
JOB CATEGORY: Graphic Arts and Design
DESCRIPTION of Job: This candidate must be able to lead the development of complex projects that include developing mechanisms, integrating electronics, and maintaining esthetics features. They must be able visualize a 3-dimensional part from mechanical drawings, hand sketches to develop CAD files. This position requires strong conceptual development and the proficient use of all department equipment including CNC, Laser Cutters, and RP equipment. The incumbent must be a self-starter, work independently, have a high attention to detail, be customer oriented, and possess strong problem-solving skills. A strong understanding and ability to generate assets using Solidworks, Mastercam, Illustrator and Photoshop. This person must be very organized, have strong verbal/written communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and deadlines. The incumbent must be able to lead and mentor internal staff in all areas of product development, safety, department policies, and processes. Must be IP focused with both work and digital information to protect company intellectual property at all times
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES::
* 50% Responsible for leading a team in the development of a variety of products that include conceptual models, engineering breadboards, mechanisms, and highly detailed functioning show samples. Utilize all shop equipment including RP technology, conventional machinery, CAD/CAM software, and CNC equipment
* 10% Work collaboratively with the development teams to find solutions to functional and aesthetic issues. Taking the project from a rough idea/sketch through to a finished prototype while communicating with engineers and designers to give value added feedback that would enhance product development.
* 10% Drive innovation through ideation of new concepts that will expand the brand experience, product function/performance, manufacturing efficiency or process improvement.
* 10% Responsible for maintaining the appearance and function of the Model Studio through regular cleaning, providing operating instruction to co-workers and following all corporate access and safety policies.
* 10% Lead and mentor internal staff in all areas of product development, safety, department policies, and processes.
* 5% Provides support to development groups for sales/marketing presentations, trade show and play-tests. Support will include but not limited to, traveling to maintain samples on location, working on displays, sample pack-out and coordination.
* 5% Performs other duties as responsibilities necessitate or as assigned
* Demonstrates competent technical skills and knowledge in delivering a variety of prototype models and patterns at a consistent level of quality and speed.
* Capable of visualizing a 3-dimensional part from mechanical drawings, hand sketches or CAD files.
* Strong skills are required in basic math and trigonometry, use of various hand, machine and CNC tools, ability to work independently, attention to detail and strong problem solving skills.
* Knowledge and use of Prototrak, 2D CAD/CAM systems like SurfCam or MasterCam are required.
* A working knowledge of 3D CAD software such as Solidworks
* 3+ years experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design or Mechanical Engineering preferred
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, LITTLEST PET SHOP and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. The Company's Hasbro Studios and its film label, Allspark Pictures, are building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Through its commitment to corporate social responsibility and philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to make the world a better place for children and their families. Hasbro ranked No. 1 on the 2017 100 Best Corporate Citizens list by CR Magazine, and has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past six years. Learn more at www.hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews) and Instagram (@Hasbro).
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
BUSINESS UNIT: Global Development
29 days 13 hours ago
applySr. Model Maker Job Hasbro, Inc - Burbank, CA, United States
Funskool is India’s leading toy manufacturing company promoted by MRF group. Funskool started its commercial operations in the year 1988 and has state of the art manufacturing facilities at Goa sprawling an area of 70,000 sq.ft and 50,000 sq. ft factory at Ranipet. Funskool has been pioneering the concept of quality and safe toys in India and raised the standard of the toys quality in the Indian Market. The company’s mission is to influence the parents to spend on toys that enable every Indian child to grow with quality toys that contributes to their mental development. Funskool has one of the largest ranges of toys in India
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Sr. Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Los Angeles, CA
- Senior Backend Engineer (Aftershock)
Los Angeles, CA
- Sr Model Maker Job
View More Jobs in Burbank, CA:
- View More Jobs in Burbank, CA
- More Sr. Model Maker Job Jobs in Burbank, CA
- More Engineering Jobs in Burbank, CA
- More Hasbro, Inc Jobs in Burbank, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Sr. Model Maker Job Jobs in California
- More Engineering Jobs in Burbank, CA
- More Hasbro, Inc Jobs in California