Sr. Manufacturing Technician, Equipment & Chemical DeliveryAgilent Technologies, Inc. - Santa Clara, CA
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, 8services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent Technologies is a global leader in microarrays and synthesis of oligonucleotides used in next generation sequencing applications. Agilent's unique manufacturing technology is the foundation for Agilent's genomics portfolio which enables researchers to identify genomic regions of interest.
The role includes interfacing with production, manufacturing engineers and chemical process engineers in order to support equipment uptime in the Microarray Manufacturing area. The position reports to the equipment maintenance supervisor.
The successful candidate will:
* Maintain, repair, and support multidisciplinary manufacturing equipment, including equipment used for delivering chemicals to the production unit
* Perform preventive maintenance on equipment; including supporting off-shift (evening and/or weekend) equipment maintenance on an ad-hoc basis
* Work with engineers to create preventive maintenance protocols for fab equipment and chemical delivery system
* Support manufacturing and chemical process engineers in resolving equipment issues; perform troubleshooting related to equipment and chemical delivery.
* Actively support a calibration program for equipment, environmental controls; Maintain records appropriately for monitoring or tracking completion to schedule
* Strictly adhere to equipment safety protocols to ensure a safe work environment; identify and correct any equipment safety issues working with area Process Engineers and Agilent Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
* Install new equipment
Shift: This position is for an individual to support manufacturing and engineering activities on the A shift which is between the hours of 4:45am 5:15pm running Sunday through Tuesday / Wednesday alternating every other week. Off shift support will also be required on a periodic basis.
* 7 years hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience with mechanical and process troubleshooting for automated equipment, including electronics, robotics, and motion control.
* Experience with troubleshooting and repairing chemical delivery systems, including selection of fittings and valve which are compatible with a variety of process fluids.
* Must have knowledge safety protocols required for working with automated equipment and hazardous chemicals.
* Knowledge of emergency response procedures
* Familiarity with Excel or other database systems
* Recent experience repair systems used in semiconductor manufacturing; large scale robotics
* B.S. degree or equivalent preferred, AA in Electronics; experience troubleshooting and repairing printed circuit boards
* Experience in ISO13485 or ISO 9001 Quality environment
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact 1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
5 days 11 hours ago
Please review all application instructions before applying.
Agilent is a leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets. The company provides laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise, enabling customers to gain the insights they seek. Agilent’s expertise and trusted collaboration give them the highest confidence in our solutions. Agilent focuses its expertise on six key markets, where we help our customers achieve their goals:
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Chemical Technician
- Semiconductor Manufacturing Process Engineer
San Diego, CA
- Sr. Manufacturing Engineer - Molding Job
Maple Grove, MN
- Senior Validation Engineer
View More Jobs in Santa Clara, CA:
- View More Jobs in Santa Clara, CA
- More Sr. Manufacturing Technician Equipment Chemical Delivery Jobs in Santa Clara, CA
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Santa Clara, CA
- More Agilent Technologies, Inc. Jobs in Santa Clara, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Sr. Manufacturing Technician Equipment Chemical Delivery Jobs in California
- More Manufacturing Jobs in Santa Clara, CA
- More Agilent Technologies, Inc. Jobs in California