Sr Financial Analyst IISallie Mae, Inc. - Reston, VA
The Financial Planning & Analysis team (FP&A) is seeking to hire a Senior Analyst to support the production, maintenance and development of models and processes performed for the financial planning, analysis and forecasting of Navient. The FP&A team is a high performing and highly visible team, whose primary mission is to provide key business and performance intelligence to executive management that enables accurate, efficient, and optimal financial management and decision making. The successful candidate will have a high degree of technical skills in using Excel. The candidate will assist in analyzing new business opportunities, financial outcomes for various financing vehicles, and prepare materials for Executive meetings, Board of Director meetings, Rating Agency updates, and financing due diligence.
The Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis needs to be a self-starter who is highly organized and motivated to make a meaningful contribution to the team's advancement and success. He/she will need to balance multiple tasks and responsibilities. This person will need the ability to work across the organization, interacting with other finance and accounting personnel to gather relevant information for modeling purposes and upper management presentations. This person must be able to communicate effectively to keep management informed of their status and to ask questions to better their understanding. This person will need to be prepared to handle changing priorities and heavy workloads during periods of intense activity.
1. Forecasting and Strategic Planning Model Development
* Gain an understanding of the inputs, calculations and outputs of the various Models within FP&A.
* Make recommendations for Model enhancements to increase efficiency and streamline reporting. Improvements should include all aspects of the Model process. Special attention should be made to including automation, embedding controls and checks into the process and minimizing any unnecessary data/reporting.
* Develop and execute plans for Model enhancements. Validate the results are as expected to ensure consistency with current processes. Train the staff and management currently performing the Model updates on the enhancements.
* Work with other groups within Navient as needed to incorporate Model enhancements, including Data Governance, Enterprise Data Warehouse, Analytics Governance, etc.
* Create and maintain documentation that complies with the Model Risk Management guidelines within Navient including step-by-step procedures, list of inputs, calculations, embedded assumptions, etc.
* Participate in adding new initiatives or transactions into the various Models.
2. Financial Analysis and Reporting
* Support the production of the life-of-loan cash flow, discounted cash flow models and other processes or models needed to support FP&A production expectations
* Responsible for updating calculations for complex revenue recognition models and valuation models for intangible assets
* Review product line P&L's and communicate results to management
* Assist in the research of results comparing actual vs forecast/plan for senior executives on monthly basis with insight on main drivers/trends.
* Oversee financial analysis when evaluating pricing, valuation and operational decisions
3. Project Work
* Participate in modeling and analyzing complex business transactions and provide analysis results to management
* Participate in the financial component on M&A opportunities by creating/evaluating cash flows, accretion analysis and GAAP financials.
* Participate in RFP responses for financial components as necessary, particularly the determination of pricing and margin for financial assets
* Represent FP&A in Data Governance and Analytics Councils. Participate in company-wide initiatives for new data tools.
4. Presentation materials
* Own and coordinate the preparation of Board of Directors and Executive Management presentations on behalf of CFO
* Assist in preparation of materials for Rating Agency, Earnings and Investor presentations
* 3 years experience in financial analysis, corporate accounting and/or public accounting
* Expertise in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and PowerPoint
* Expertise in financial modeling and standards of practice
* Bachelor's Degree - Finance or Accounting degree preferred.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a federal government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America. Navient is a drug free workplace.
Nov 10, 2017
5 days 13 hours ago
applySr Financial Analyst II Sallie Mae, Inc. - Reston, VA, United States
Sallie Mae (NASDAQ: SLM) is the nation’s No. 1 financial services company specializing in education. Celebrating 40 years of making a difference, Sallie Mae continues to turn education dreams into reality for American families, today serving 25 million customers. With products and services that include 529 college savings plans, Upromise rewards, scholarship search and planning tools, education loans, insurance, and online banking, Sallie Mae offers solutions that help families save, plan, and pay for college. Sallie Mae also provides financial services to hundreds of college campuses as well as to federal and state governments. Learn more at SallieMae.com. Commonly known as Sallie Mae, SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Senior Associate, Program Planning and Budget (Finance)
- Senior Business Analyst
Fort Belvoir, VA
- Sr Financial Analyst II
- OSD Budget Analyst, The Pentagon
View More Jobs in Reston, VA:
- View More Jobs in Reston, VA
- More Sr Financial Analyst II Jobs in Reston, VA
- More Accounting Jobs in Reston, VA
- More Sallie Mae, Inc. Jobs in Reston, VA
View More Jobs in Virginia:
- View More Jobs in Virginia
- More Sr Financial Analyst II Jobs in Virginia
- More Accounting Jobs in Reston, VA
- More Sallie Mae, Inc. Jobs in Virginia