Sr. DevOps EngineerSafeway, Inc. - Pleasanton, CA
Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300 stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Sr. DevOps Engineer. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• This position is responsible for a combination of system administration and platform engineering with direct responsibility for the builds and ongoing support of multiple environments. You will help drive the design of solutions implemented in public cloud(Azure) and work with other engineers in the maintenance of our system architecture and preparation for new technical implementations (hardware, platform, product and service deployments).
• You will get the chance to collaborate with other expert engineers to continue finding new areas that can be improved by bringing a DevOps mindset to all of the areas we manage – Azure cloud and monitoring solutions. You will also get the chance to further your skills in adjacent areas by serving as an escalation point for builds, implementations, and support issues for other teams.
• This is a great opportunity to build your skills in both depth and breadth in a highly technical, fast-paced environment while working with a wide variety of cutting edge, public and hybrid cloud environments.
• 8 years of developing software with object-oriented languages like Java, C , or Ruby.
• Experience with cloud services (ideally Azure).
• A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
• Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks.
• Experience with different relational and NoSQL databases.
• Experience with Virtualization technologies (Hyper-V preferred)
• Experience with automation and/or scripting language (PowerShell, Perl, Chef, Puppet, etc.).
• Extensive knowledge about Restful APIs
• Experience with automation and/or scripting language (PowerShell preferred).
• Cross-functional infrastructure experience with Systems, Storage and Networking
• Knowledge of the operating models for private cloud, IaaS, and PaaS technologies.
• Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal
• Take ownership of features and lead it from conception to production.
• Should actively pursue implementation of best practices for operations.
• Strong work ethic, attention to detail and problem solving skills
• A commitment to best practices on operational processes for DevOps.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace – all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
15 days 1 hour ago
applySr. DevOps Engineer Safeway, Inc. - Pleasanton, CA, United States
In 1915, M.B. Skaggs, an ambitious young man in the small Idaho town of American Falls, purchased a tiny grocery store from his father. M.B.'s business strategy, to give his customers value and to expand by keeping a narrow profit margin, proved spectacularly successful. By 1926 he was opening 428 Skaggs stores in 10 states. M.B. almost doubled the size of his business that year when he merged his company with 322 Safeway (formerly Selig) stores and incorporated as Safeway, Inc. Two years later M.B. listed Safeway on the New York Stock Exchange. M.B. did not let the difficulties of the Great Depression dilute his pioneering focus on value for customers. In the 1930s Safeway introduced produce pricing by the pound, adding “sell by” dates on perishables to assure freshness, nutritional labeling, even some of the first parking lots.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Senior DevOps Engineer
San Carlos, CA
- Senior DevOps Engineer- San Carlos, Austin, Remote
San Carlos, CA
- Senior Devops Engineer (AWS)
Santa Clara, CA
- Sr. Infrastructure Engineer
- Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
Palo Alto, CA
View More Jobs in Pleasanton, CA:
- View More Jobs in Pleasanton, CA
- More Sr. DevOps Engineer Jobs in Pleasanton, CA
- More IT Jobs in Pleasanton, CA
- More Safeway, Inc. Jobs in Pleasanton, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Sr. DevOps Engineer Jobs in California
- More IT Jobs in Pleasanton, CA
- More Safeway, Inc. Jobs in California