Sr. Data ScientistMicrosoft Corporation - Redmond, WA
The goal of Azure Customer Growth & Analytics team is to foster a data-driven culture; to encourage and enable the entire organization to make more informed decisions through data. In support of this mission, our Business Analytics team works closely with engineering, marketing, finance, and business leaders to identify opportunities for improving the customer experience and accelerating the growth of our business. Our charter spans the breadth of C E, where we design and deliver standardized views of business performance, identify salient trends, perform ad hoc analyses of historical data, define benchmarks and models for predicting upcoming performance, and surface key insights. As the availability of data and demand for analysis grows, we need a capable data scientist to help stakeholders across the organization better understand user behavior and service usage, create compelling offers, and optimize the customer experience.
* 5-10 years of experience in analytics, business intelligence, or data driven business strategy.
* Functional knowledge of cloud computing and online services business models, including business, technical, and operational metrics.
* Demonstrated analytical ability; problem deconstruction, statistical competency, meticulous forensic analysis skills, data validation, and scientific rigor.
* Demonstrated stakeholder management ability including effective prioritization, clear concise communication, and delivery of actionable data driven insights.
* Highly proficient with T-SQL and Excel. Experience with Application Insights Analytics (Kusto) and/or R preferred.
* Experience applying business concepts to data resulting in insights on customer acquisition funnel, retention, and monetization.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES/INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex problems/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts.
* Effective presentation skills and experience with engaging audiences of all levels.
* Effective in rapidly evolving environments and working across organizational boundaries.
* Creative, innovative, organized thinker, with a high attention to detail.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Become a subject matter expert in the C E business and underlying data ecosystem. Collaborate with product and program owners across the organization to understand objectives, identify opportunities, and prioritize projects in order to maximize business impact.
* Identify changes in customer behavior, system performance, or financial results, and deliver the necessary insights to explain them and recommend actions to be taken.
* Deliver accurate and timely standardized reporting and analysis in support of ongoing business reviews and planning processes. Recognize opportunities for process improvements to increase quality, accelerate delivery, and reduce cost.
* Lead the development and management of metrics, KPIs, and dashboards.
* Ensure the ongoing documentation of analysis methodologies and results.
* Educate users about how to leverage data as an asset for their particular function.
* Manage vendor workloads and ensure quality delivery on a timely basis.
19 days 23 hours ago
applySr. Data Scientist Microsoft Corporation - Redmond, WA, United States
Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software, services, and hardware devices. Its Windows division offers Windows operating system; Windows Services suite of applications and Web services, including Outlook.com and SkyDrive; Surface RT and Pro devices; and PC accessories. The companys Server and Tools division provides server software, cloud-based services, and solutions; and training and certification to developers and information technology professionals, as well as builds standalone and software development lifecycle tools for software architects, developers, testers, and project managers. Its products include Windows Server operating systems, Windows Azure, Microsoft SQL Server, Windows Intune, Windows Embedded, Visual Studio, System Center products, Microsoft consulting services, and Premier product support services. The companys Online Services division offers online information and content, including Bing, Bing Ads, and MSN. Its Microsoft Business division provides software and online services, such as Microsoft Office system consisting of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Exchange, Lync, Yammer, and Microsoft Office project and office Visio; and Microsoft Dynamics business solutions, including Microsoft Dynamics ERP and Dynamics CRM, as well as Microsoft Office Web Apps and Microsoft Office 365, which are online service offerings. The companys Entertainment and Devices division offers products and services designed to entertain and connect people. Its products include Xbox entertainment platform, including Xbox 360 gaming and entertainment console, Kinect for Xbox 360, Xbox 360 video games, and Xbox 360 accessories; Xbox LIVE; Skype; and Windows Phone. The company markets and distributes its products through original equipment manufacturers, distributors, and resellers, as well as online. It has a strategic partnership with DocuSign, Inc. and Ooyala. Microsoft Corporation was founded in 1975 and is headquartered in Redmond, Washington.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Senior Data Scientist
- Data Scientist - Reporting & Analytics
- Senior Data Scientist
- Product Management Senior Manager
- Senior Software Engineer - Store | Twitch
View More Jobs in Redmond, WA:
- View More Jobs in Redmond, WA
- More Sr. Data Scientist Jobs in Redmond, WA
- More Microsoft Corporation Jobs in Redmond, WA
View More Jobs in Washington:
- View More Jobs in Washington
- More Sr. Data Scientist Jobs in Washington
- More Microsoft Corporation Jobs in Washington