Sr Contracts Administrator JobItron, Inc. - Spokane, WA
Sr Contracts Administrator - 1601573
Be a part of shaping our future. In the midst of rapidly growing populations, rising development around the world and increasing demand, the way we are managing energy and water resources will shape the future of our industry and our planet. Itron's decades of experience is helping to ensure success in the critical challenge to realize a sustainable future.
Itron is a global provider of hardware, software and services to the SmartGrid industry and we do business in over 130 countries. We are currently seeking a Senior Contract Administrator to join our North American Legal Department located at our Corporate Headquarters in Liberty Lake, Washington. Responsibilities will include all aspects of contract preparation, legal review and coordinating business review, negotiation, and administration in accordance with Itron's policies and legal requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support multiple in-house attorneys in managing daily workflow of contracts and other day-to-day tasks.
- Investigate and resolve questions associated with contracts in process and/or existing contracts (e.g. scope of agreement, term).
- Process, review, draft, modify, negotiate and administer various contractual documents, including non-disclosure, distributorship, purchasing, equipment sales, professional services, software license, and maintenance agreements under the direction of the in-house attorneys.
- Interpret contract requirements, obligations and risk exposure.
- Identify, report and escalate business issues and nonstandard terms for review and approval at the appropriate level in the applicable line of business.
- Work closely with legal counsel and with other internal business functions such as proposals, finance, sales, marketing, purchasing, research and development, project management, and risk management to ensure optimal contract terms while minimizing risk.
- Provide analysis, feedback and recommendations to management and appropriate field/sales personnel regarding contract terms and resolution of contractual issues.
- Review and respond to contractual terms in requests for proposals.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of form agreements and templates and of innovative approaches to contracting requirements, obligations and exposures to streamline processes and constantly improve efficiencies.
Assist in establishing and continuously improving policies, processes and procedures supporting contract preparation, negotiation, review, approval and administration.
- Educate business partners on key commercial, legal, corporate policy and other considerations.
- Understand and apply company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years of related experience in contract drafting and preparation, negotiation/administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of legal terminology, concepts and legal documents.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office applications in a Windows environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of equipment sales, services, and software licensing and support concepts and contracts, including familiarity with revenue recognition rules.
Desired Skills & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in assisting attorneys and other internal business functions in commercial contracting from the preliminary/conceptual phase, through structuring, due diligence, negotiating, drafting, closing, and conflict resolution.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and excellent ability to manage multiple contracts of varying types, size and complexity through the contract administration process and to manage competing demands well.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, manage and prioritize workload and deadlines and successfully balance between autonomous work and escalation to attorney as appropriate.
- Broad knowledge of applicable contractual and legal concepts as they apply to sales, purchasing, services and software licensing.
- Demonstrated ability to confidently and effectively interact with customers.
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills and adept at managing across all levels in the organization.
- Ability to resolve conflict using collaboration, mutual respect, creativity and flexibility of thought.
- Polished and effective negotiation, communication, written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent people skills, strong business orientation and team player.
TRAVEL: 1 - 10%
Physical Demands: This is a typical office job, with no special physical requirements or unusual work environment.
Itron is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, veteran status, disability, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law. If you require an accommodation in order to apply to this position, please contact your local recruiting representative at 1-800-635-5461 or email Accessibility@itron.com.
Itron is a world-leading technology and services company dedicated to the resourceful use of energy and water. We provide comprehensive solutions that measure, manage and analyze energy and water. Our broad product portfolio includes electricity, gas, water and thermal energy measurement devices and control technology; communications systems; software; as well as managed and consulting services. With thousands of employees supporting nearly 8,000 customers in more than 100 countries, Itron applies knowledge and technology to better manage energy and water resources. Together, we can create a more resourceful world. Join us: www.itron.com.
REGION: North America
PRIMARY LOCATION: Spokane/Liberty Lake
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
7 days 10 hours ago
applySr Contracts Administrator Job Itron, Inc. - Spokane, WA, United States
Itron is a world-leading technology and services company dedicated to the resourceful use of energy and water. We provide comprehensive solutions that measure, manage and analyze energy and water. Our broad product portfolio includes electricity, gas, water and thermal energy measurement devices and control technology; communications systems; software; as well as managed and consulting services. With thousands of employees supporting more than 8,000 customers in over 100 countries, Itron applies knowledge and technology to better manage energy and water resources. Together, we can create a more resourceful world.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Sr Payroll Administrator
Glen Rock, NJ
- Sr Payroll Administrator Job
- Senior Accounts Administrator
- INL Sr Acct IS Administrator
Palm Bay, FL
- Administrator - Payroll
View More Jobs in Spokane, WA:
- View More Jobs in Spokane, WA
- More Sr Contracts Administrator Job Jobs in Spokane, WA
- More Accounting Jobs in Spokane, WA
- More Itron, Inc. Jobs in Spokane, WA
View More Jobs in Washington:
- View More Jobs in Washington
- More Sr Contracts Administrator Job Jobs in Washington
- More Accounting Jobs in Spokane, WA
- More Itron, Inc. Jobs in Washington