Sr Applications DeveloperAtmos Energy Corporation - Dallas, TX
Sr Applications Developer','ATM19698','!*!Responsible for developing program procedures to process complex enterprise software application systems with a high level of reliability and execution speed. Responsible for larger more complex projects, provides technical expertise and advises less-experienced colleagues as needed.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO LIST ALL OF THE DUTIES THAT ARE OR MAY BE PERFORMED IN THIS POSITION.
1. Develops, programs, and designs new software programs and applications.
2. Assists, mentors, and provides technical direction, leadership, guidance and support for Applications Developers and other IT staff.
3. Consults with systems user to identify and define client/server software applications needs. Analyzes requests for changes, updates or modifications to new or existing software applications and makes recommendations for designs to meet client specifications.
4. Writes, translates, and codes software programs and applications according to specifications and end user requirements
5. Prepares charts, tables, and logic diagrams needed in problem analysis.
6. Consults with end users to create documentation relating to the program definition, development, business requirements. Documentation includes software objectives, deliverables, and end user specifications.
7. Writes programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
8. Keeps abreast of new and changing technological advances in program languages, utilities, tools and client/server technology to ensure achievement of optimum results.
9. Prepares and writes reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
10. Works with end users regarding systems analysis, general systems design, vendor contracts and detail systems design.','!*!Educational/Experience Level
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Technology, Business or a closely related field and five years of experience in computer programming and/or operating systems analysis.
Requires the ability to communicate, persuade and/or influence internal and/or external customers at a high level such as senior management on matters of a technical and/or complex nature.
Requires the ability to perform analyses involving ratios, percentages and simple statistical methods.
Requires working knowledge of various software applications to create documents, reports and/or graphics.
Works in an office environment.
Requires occasionally performing activities including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and/or lifting.
Atmos Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.','Information Technology','Full-time','Texas-Dallas','','5420 LBJ Freeway Suite 1700','','Dallas','75240','ATM-Dal-IT Engineering & Operations ','Nov 21, 2017','Sr Applications Developer
17 days 1 hour ago
applySr Applications Developer Atmos Energy Corporation - Dallas, TX, United States
Atmos Energy Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, is one of the country’s largest natural-gas-only distributors, serving approximately 3 million customers in more than 1,400 communities from the Blue Ridge Mountains in the East to the Rocky Mountains in the West.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Sr. Software Systems Engineer
- Sr. Software Developer
- Lead/ Sr. Java Call Platform Developer (SIP/RTP)
- Mobile Software Engineer - Android
- Linux Administrator II
View More Jobs in Dallas, TX:
- View More Jobs in Dallas, TX
- More Sr Applications Developer Jobs in Dallas, TX
- More IT Jobs in Dallas, TX
- More Atmos Energy Corporation Jobs in Dallas, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Sr Applications Developer Jobs in Texas
- More IT Jobs in Dallas, TX
- More Atmos Energy Corporation Jobs in Texas