Spec Technical, Generalist - Hospital - Vancouver, WAQuest Diagnostics - Vancouver, WA
Spec Technical, Generalist - Hospital - Vancouver, WA
Assist with and support development and manage specimen testing processes in all areas of the laboratory. Assist Lab Managers with maintaining policies and procedures system wide. Develop and maintain an understanding of IT systems and data sources associated with laboratory service. Assist with and support the training and competency of all testing personnel at the ten Hospitals.
Direct, advocate for and enable visibility of lab and quality processes. Ensure accountability within all areas of the business unit (pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical) such that every employee consistently exhibits behavior that promotes and supports quality. Influence may be exerted both directly and indirectly through the management of liaisons and intermediaries, such as department supervisors and members of the Quality Assurance (QA) Center of Excellence (COE) and department COEs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Drives Standardization across the system in across multiple departments.
Oversight of collaborative team incorporating thought leaders from Quest and PeaceHealth
Coordinates oversight of the Laboratories, to include staffing templates, productivity standards, quality measures
Evaluation of instrumentation, reagent systems to drive standardization
Works with Quest BPT Leader to provide ROI, service requirements and implementation tools for recommended instrumentation
Creates and executes standard General Lab SOPS, tools and metrics
Serves on Hospital subcommittees as needed
Works with Quest Clinical Quality Assurance team to insure readiness for any regulatory inspections
Develops and educates around new quality tools
Supports Laboratory Managers as needed, and can act as interim Manager when required.
B.S. degree or related degree in Medical Technology. MT (ASCP) or NCA or equivalent certification preferred.
At least five years technical experience with at least two years at departmental supervisory level. Must have an excellent working knowledge of Laboratory Computer System, Technical departments, General Lab, Quality Assurance, Certified Project Manager desired, Certified Six Sigma Green Belt desired.
Physical and Mental:
Must be able to lift boxes/supplies and equipment/tools between 30 and 50 pounds. This position may require the use of personal protective equipment during various task/activities. Personal Protective equipment includes, but is not limited to gloves, masks, safety glasses and gowns. Sitting, standing, walking is required
• Demonstrated leadership and significant management skill in Laboratory Medicine.
• Strong knowledge of process and project management.
• Management with metrics dashboard and strong analytical skills.
• Ability to manage and lead change effectively.
• Problem solving and decision making skills.
• Detailed understanding of laboratory and hospital information systems, implementation plans and interfaces.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Possesses necessary knowledge regarding law, regulations and policies to ensure ethical and legal compliance.
• Knowledge of quality assurance processes.
• Experience in building strong customer relationships.
• Flexibility to work variable hours and ability to travel
M-F, day shift
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
8 days 12 hours ago
applySpec Technical, Generalist - Hospital - Vancouver, WA Quest Diagnostics - Vancouver, WA, United States
Quest Diagnostics has headquarters in the U.S. and operations in India, Ireland, Mexico, and the United Kingdom. Our products and services are used by customers in over 130 countries. We also collaborate with many international diagnostic laboratories, hospitals and clinics to help improve human health around the world.The company is the leading provider of pre-employment drugs-of-abuse screening for employers & risk assessment services for the life insurance industry. It is the world’s 2nd largest provider of clinical trials testing for new pharmaceuticals.
View More Jobs in Vancouver, WA:
- View More Jobs in Vancouver, WA
- More Spec Technical Generalist Hospital Vancouver WA Jobs in Vancouver, WA
- More Healthcare Jobs in Vancouver, WA
- More Quest Diagnostics Jobs in Vancouver, WA
View More Jobs in Washington:
- View More Jobs in Washington
- More Spec Technical Generalist Hospital Vancouver WA Jobs in Washington
- More Healthcare Jobs in Vancouver, WA
- More Quest Diagnostics Jobs in Washington