Sous Chef for NEW Disney Springs Restaurant, THE EDISON!Patina Restaurant Group - Orlando, FL
PATINA RESTAURANT GROUP
seeks Sous Chef for THE EDISON
Patina Restaurant Group will bring world-class cuisine to the Disney Springs outdoor shopping, dining, and entertainment complex at the Walt Disney Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida near Orlando. Four new concepts that will be connected as part of one large complex and will be introduced to Disney Springs in the Fall of 2017. Each of the concepts are housed in key locations that play an integral role in the Disney Springs origin story, such as the former airline terminal, an underground rum running tunnel, and the former electrical power plant, providing rich territory for story-telling.
The Edison - with an estimated opening of November 2017, is a lavish "Industrial Gothic" restaurant, bar, and nighttime destination with live entertainment. It presents cabaret, burlesque and music, craft cocktails, and classic American dishes. As it is an extension of our Downtown Los Angeles location, the concept continues as "where science meets industry" and the venue is rooted in creativity, imagination, and innovation. Patina is looking for experienced and dedicated leaders to join our team and lead this brand new adventure.
THE POSITION SUMMARY:
An immediate opportunity exists for a proven restaurant professional with the ability to maintain our high standards of quality and guest satisfaction. Patina Restaurant Group is searching for a Sous Chef that will provide direct support to the Executive Chef overseeing all aspects of kitchen operations; cooking, production, inventory, quality control and sanitation. Ideal candidates are passionate culinary experts that can deliver the finest cuisine from ticket order to table under any atmosphere. Patina offers great opportunities to build and grow into a professional culinary expert while maintaining friendly and enjoyable work environments.
- Assist the Executive Sous Chef to conduct smooth operation of kitchen functions.
- Train, supervise and motivate subordinate staff.
- Order dry and fresh goods and determine whether the food meets quality standards and or needs to be rejected.
- Approve invoices of food delivered during the assigned shift.
- Participate in selection, hiring, and promotion of potential cooks, dishwashers and other back of the house positions.
- Present daily specials to the dining room staff and provide verbal dish descriptions, if applicable.
- Responsible for kitchen operations in absence of Executive Chef (days off, vacation, etc.)
- Inspect cleanliness and organization of kitchen, prep kitchen, dishwashing area, and pastry kitchen to comply with the high standards of the Health Department.
- Assist in monthly inventory of total kitchen small wares and kitchen equipment.
- Inspects all food to ensure compliance with federal and state standards, as well as internal quality standards. Must be able to fully manage the food safety program of the organization.
You may be called upon from time to time to perform other duties that may not be included in your job description at management's discretion.
- Minimum 3 years' experience as Sous Chef in a high-volume, full-service restaurant of similar capacity and clientele.
- Must have knowledge of the venue's specialty cuisine.
- Servsafe certification required.
- Food Safety Handler certification required.
- Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) certification required.
- Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working with and an understanding of P&L's.
- Ability to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), appropriate point of sale (POS) systems, and any other required operating machines (i.e. online or digital reservation systems).
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Certificate or degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
- Professional demeanor with the ability to interact with all types of team members.
- Proven ability to lead a staff and positively influence employee behavior.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills and have the ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Impeccable service standards, clean work habits with a great attention to detail.
- The ability to speak a secondary language is convenient but not necessary.
- Competitive compensation package
- Major medical insurance options
- Paid vacation
- Matching 401K program
- Company Dining program
We're looking for a highly motivated career-focused individual with the ability to exceed our guests' expectations to become part of the winning team at the Patina Restaurant Group EOE.
We are more than just an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically celebrate the powerful and profound diversity of our team.
We believe that talent, drive, and experience are the only relevant criteria for considering new team members.
Visit us at Our Web site.
16 days 23 hours ago
Patina Restaurant Group
applySous Chef for NEW Disney Springs Restaurant, THE EDISON! Patina Restaurant Group - Orlando,FL,United States
Patina Restaurant Group, a bi-coastal boutique company, continues to grow as a leader in the premium segment of the restaurant industry! Boasting approximately 70 restaurants and food service operations in performing arts centers, Patina Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented & highly motivated professionals who have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service they stand for. Patina Restaurant Group is passionately involved with the preservation and promotion of America's great cultural centers. Our family of restaurants is aligned with unique architectural landmarks and cultural institutions that strive to enrich the American experience through fine arts, dance, music, theater, and performance. PRG operates exciting restaurants in world famous locations: from Lincoln Ristorante at Lincoln Center to the Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center; timeless spaces like the Michelin-starred Patina at Walt Disney Concert Hall or fresh new collaborations like Morimoto Asia or Chef Street in Macy's Herald Square - our restaurants offer the finest in artisanal culinary inspirations.
View More Jobs in Orlando, FL:
- View More Jobs in Orlando, FL
- More Sous Chef for NEW Disney Springs Restaurant THE EDISON! Jobs in Orlando, FL
- More Patina Restaurant Group Jobs in Orlando, FL
View More Jobs in Florida:
- View More Jobs in Florida
- More Sous Chef for NEW Disney Springs Restaurant THE EDISON! Jobs in Florida
- More Patina Restaurant Group Jobs in Florida