Solutions ArchitectAmeriprise Financial, Inc. - Minneapolis, MN
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of managing our clients’ finances — we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential, too. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.
The Solution Architect designs systems to meet functional and non-functional requirements, consistent with long-term strategies. A key responsibility is to ensure future flexibility for evolving business requirements. Individuals in this role provide leadership and guidance on solution options and trade-offs, to business partners and development teams.
Provides technical leadership to ensure technical design and implementation are aligned with business requirements. Serves as the primary point of contact between the project team and the architecture delivery organization. Ensures compliance of technology solutions with architectural standards.
Gathers Non-Functional Requirements
- Partners with business analysts, systems analysts and engineers in gathering and reviewing non-functional requirements.
- Identifies key business and technology drivers that impact architectures, including end-user requirements, existing application environment (including legacy and packaged systems), and performance/availability requirements.
- Collaborates with application and infrastructure teams to understand scope and requirements.
- Conducts assessments of current business and technology architectures
- Identifies and documents any risks, issues or critical success factors
- Translates project requirements into detailed designs consistent with long-term roadmaps.
- Designs external system interfaces.
- Researches and maintains a deep understanding of current and emerging technologies to solve business problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field; or related work experience.
- Skills in general architecture, and knowledge of operations and deployment methodologies and techniques (e.g. Agile, TOGAF, Zachman, ITIL).
- Solid understanding and applied expertise in solution architecture designs and concepts, which include but are not limited to: security, high availability, recovery, performance, monitoring and operations design, and application architecture.
- 5 years relevant solution architecture experience that includes successful software integration experience.
- 3 years software development experience.
- Experience designing mobile apps for iOS and/or Android, and/or web applications with a rich user interface.
- Proven experience designing and developing hybrid solutions for multiple platforms with HTML5/CSS/JS
- Working knowledge of AJAX, REST, SOAP, Databases, Linux, Windows, Web content management.
- A desire to explore new and emerging web and development technologies, synthesize recommendations, and influence key stakeholders
- Proven experience configuring, debugging, and deploying enterprise applications in complex environments
- Proven experience designing and delivering scalable and distributed web applications
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with developers, stakeholders, peers, and leadership, driving results and action.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to identify key issues and their impact in a broad business context. Candidate must be able to translate technology into business terms and value.
- Experience delivering concurrent, large information management projects at all phases-from project definition through design and delivery.
- Familiar with Agile software development
- Financial Services industry specific knowledge that includes a working knowledge of industry standards and architectures.
Apply for this job at https://ameriprise.contacthr.com/59720010
View More Ameriprise Jobs
17 days 2 hours ago
applySolutions Architect Ameriprise Financial, Inc. - Minneapolis, MN, United States
Ameriprise Financial is a global financial leader. Integrity has been a core value since we were founded by John Tappan in 1894. It's how, through panics, recessions, the Great Depression and the recent Great Recession, we've grown into a global financial leader. We've never taken a bailout. Never lost our focus on our clients. That's who we are. During trying economic times our strength, integrity, our breadth of services and personal relationships have made us America’s leader in financial planning.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Advertising, Marketing and Commerce - Solutions Architect/Se...
- Solution Architect
- Solutions Architect - Hospitality Systems
- Solutions Architect - Hospitality Systems Job
- Digital Solutions Architect
Saint Paul, MN
View More Jobs in Minneapolis, MN:
- View More Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More Solutions Architect Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More IT Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More Ameriprise Financial, Inc. Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
View More Jobs in Minnesota:
- View More Jobs in Minnesota
- More Solutions Architect Jobs in Minnesota
- More IT Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More Ameriprise Financial, Inc. Jobs in Minnesota