Shipping / Receiving SupervisorTriumph Group, Inc. - Windsor, CT
Requisition Number 14361
# of Positions Remaining 1
Position Type Full time
Experience (Years) 5
Posted Date 01/05/2018
Category Other - Other
Security Clearance Required? No
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems, and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So, whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph Group is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph Integrated Systems provides a full range of integrated solutions for aircraft manufactures around the globe. We partner with key manufacturers to produce crucial components, systems and subsystems required to help maintain a competitive and technological advantage. We provide design, development and support of internally designed components, subsystems and systems, as well as production of complex assemblies using external designs.
Triumph Engine Control Systems is a leading independent aerospace fuel system supplier for the commercial, military, helicopter, and business jet markets. Based in West Hartford, CT, Triumph employs approximately 120 personnel. The Company's key products and services include highly engineered mechanical controls, actuation and componets as well as production of complex mechanical assemblies using external designs.
We are currently seeking a Shipping / Receiving Supervisor that would be responsible for overseeing Shipping and Receiving in addition to the Inventory Crib. This includes development, cross-training, scheduling, and directing team members
- Prepare shipments by assembling, packing, protecting, and labeling containers.
- Responsible for the operating or coordinating the operation of the company truck for pick-up and delivery of parts to customers and suppliers.
- Determine method of shipment by examining items to be shipped, destination, route, rate, and time of shipment.
- Ship items by verifying identifying information, quantity, and condition of parts and supplies to be shipped; loading and protecting items.
- Documents, parts and/or supplies to be shipped by recording transport information and identifying data about items to be sent.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by shipping adequately contained, previously inspected parts to customers promptly and efficiently.
- Receives items by unloading vehicles, accepting deliveries, unpacking containers and driving the forklift.
- Responsible for prioritizing pickup and delivery schedules.
- Transfers orders received by routing or delivering items to the requested department.
- Replaces damaged items and shortages or obtains credit by informing shipper and transporter of damage or shortage, returning damaged items, and requesting new items or credit for shortages.
- Works with outside vendors and carriers to assure optimum methods are utilized. Will purchase required shipping supplies as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience. A two-year technical/associates degree is preferred.
- At least 5years in shipping/receiving, in a supervisor capacity; preferably in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- At least 2 years of management or supervisor experience.
- This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work may require bending, sitting and standing, lifting up to 25 pounds.
- May require work days in excess of eight hours.
- Experience with UPS, FedEx, and Export systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Triumph Group and all its divisions and subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. Triumph Group provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact TGIapplicant@triumphgroup.com to request assistance. Include the title of the position and location in the subject line of your email so we may direct your email to the appropriate person. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations, applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident in order to meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
12 days 3 hours ago
Please review all application instructions before applying.
Triumph Group, Inc., headquartered in Berwyn, Pennsylvania, is a global leader in manufacturing and overhauling aerospace structures, systems and components. Operating in 64 locations worldwide, Triumph designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aerostructures, aircraft components, accessories, subassemblies and systems.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Warehouse Associate
- Guest Experience Leader Store Supervisor
- Body Shop Supervisor
East Hartford, CT
- Freight Operations Supervisor
- Warehouse Order Selector
Rocky Hill, CT
View More Jobs in Windsor, CT:
- View More Jobs in Windsor, CT
- More Shipping Receiving Supervisor Jobs in Windsor, CT
- More Logistics Jobs in Windsor, CT
- More Triumph Group, Inc. Jobs in Windsor, CT
View More Jobs in Connecticut:
- View More Jobs in Connecticut
- More Shipping Receiving Supervisor Jobs in Connecticut
- More Logistics Jobs in Windsor, CT
- More Triumph Group, Inc. Jobs in Connecticut