Service Desk TechnicianClearwater Paper Corporation. - Lewiston, ID
Service Desk Technician
Req No. 2018-3337
Location : Location US-ID-Lewiston
Category Information Technology
Clearwater Paper manufactures quality consumer tissue, away-from-home tissue, hard roll tissue, bleached paperboard and pulp at manufacturing facilities across the nation. The Company is a premier supplier of private label tissue to major retailers and wholesale distributors, including grocery, drug, mass merchants and discount stores. In addition, the Company produces bleached paperboard used by quality-conscious printers and packaging converters. Clearwater Papers employees build shareholder value by developing strong customer partnerships through quality and service.
At Clearwater Paper, we have made it a priority to build a clearly defined workplace culture that is consistent companywide. Key aspects of our culture include:
- Clear Values. We embrace and practice integrity, openness and candor; environmental responsibility; a commitment to quality; and a focus on customers.
- Continuous improvement. We believe there are always opportunities to raise the bar and get better. We engage our employees in improving both the business and their performance.
- Performance driven. We are focused on winning together and on delivering results.
Our customers success and our success requires everyone to do their part, whether we are finding new ways to be profitable or reducing our environmental footprint. If you are looking for teamwork, a sense of purpose, and a leading company that is growing fast, we are looking for you.
Ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution primarily involves the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools remotely.
Field incoming requests to the Service Desk via telephone, ticketing system and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue.
- Develop knowledge base articles and FAQ lists for end users and IT personnel
- Create/Validate Knowledge Management content for accuracy and effectiveness
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
Required education and related experience:
- High School or equivalent diploma
- One (1) to three (3) years experience in help desk environment preferred.
Skills and Abilities (technical/professional skills, expertise and qualifications):
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Intermediate skills in application troubleshooting and PC hardware/software support.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills; inter-personal, telephonic, and video conference.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
21 days 15 hours ago
applyService Desk Technician Clearwater Paper Corporation. - Lewiston, ID, United States
We are the country's largest provider of private label tissue to retail grocery chains and a world-class manufacturer of high-quality bleached paperboard. We help customers strengthen brands and capture market share. We are also an active corporate citizen in the communities where we work and live. Get to know more about us here.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Service Desk Technician
View More Jobs in Lewiston, ID:
- View More Jobs in Lewiston, ID
- More Service Desk Technician Jobs in Lewiston, ID
- More IT Jobs in Lewiston, ID
- More Clearwater Paper Corporation. Jobs in Lewiston, ID
View More Jobs in Idaho:
- View More Jobs in Idaho
- More Service Desk Technician Jobs in Idaho
- More IT Jobs in Lewiston, ID
- More Clearwater Paper Corporation. Jobs in Idaho