Server & Storage Architect, Richmond, VA -VITA0257 JobScience Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) - Richmond, VA
Server & Storage Architect, Richmond, VA -VITA0257 (Job Number:435411)
- SAIC is seeking a Server & Storage Architect to join our MSI team supporting the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- The Server & Storage Architect designs IT system used for compute and storage which require the integration of devices and complex components to provide Customers with their desired business mission capabilities.
- Activities include capturing evolving business needs, defining operational and integration requirements, researching and modeling the system architecture and configuration, investigating alternatives, performing cost analysis, estimation and decision analysis to create compute and storage solutions.
- The Server & Storage Architect will work closely with our Customer's Server, Storage and Data Center service providers to integrate the MSI's Service Management System with their computational and storage systems.
- This integration include both technical integration and the application of MSI service management processes.
- This also includes the integration of identity and access controls within the compute and storage environments, and the exchange of information in support of a common IT financial model.
- The Server & Storage Architect ensures the logical and systematic conversion of requirements into compute and storage system solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- This involves performing functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- This also involves monitoring and reporting service capacity and availability, and statistical analysis of trends to proactively identify areas for continued improvement.
- The Server & Storage Architect will work to achieve efficiencies via the standardization and automation of services; with the objective of rapidly providing compute and storage capabilities to Customers with business mission needs.
- The Server & Storage Architect will either assist or lead development, modernization and enhancement planning for compute and storage services.
The Server & Storage Architect will:
- Be a Problem Solver and Solutions Generator. Develop technical solutions to complex compute and storage problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Have Freedom to Act. Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives. Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria. Completed work is reviewed vis-à-vis the resulting changes in service delivery performance.
- Impact Team Success. Be a team player who contributes directly to the accomplishment of program objectives and goals.
- Be a Liaison. Represent the MSI as a prime technical contact on compute and storage services. Interact with senior external personnel on technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations. The Server & Storage Architect applies extensive compute and storage technical expertise and has knowledge of other related IT disciplines.
Background / Experience
- Required Experience. Candidates with a Bachelor's degree are required to have at least nine (9) years of experience with remotely managed compute and storage services. Experience would include server and storage configuration control, change control, managed backup, high availability services, Tier II and Tier III customer service, data replication, disaster recovery, remote hosting and Platform as a Service (PaaS). Candidates with a Master's degree are required to have at least five (5) years of experience.
- Cloud Hosting. Experience with cloud hosting and virtual storage is required. Past experience creating integrated solutions that incorporate VMware storage is a strong plus.
- Data Center. Experience with data center operations and maintenance is preferred.
- State & Local Government. Experience with state & local government customers is a strong plus.
Security Clearance Requirement
- US Citizen. Must be able to pass a Commonwealth of Virginia background check.
- Requirements Capture. The ability to listen to Customers and capture their business capability needs. The ability to then translate Customer business capability needs into technical requirements.
- Analysis. The ability to perform design analysis functions. The ability to measure, via analysis, how service capacity and availability are changing over time, and to understand cause and effect.
- Design. The ability to craft a design solution and produce both technical specifications and information that informs business decision-making.
- Project Management. The ability to structure and execute a project in accordance with PMBOK® (Project Management Body of Knowledge) best practices.
- Communications and Presentation Skills. The ability to simplify technical complexities and present solutions in terms that resonate with decision-makers and Customers seeking business capabilities.
Education / Certifications / Other
- Academic Degree. Bachelor's degree in engineering, science or mathematics is preferred.
- Continual Learning. Past continual learning, via completion or course work or attainment of credentials and certifications, is preferred.
- ITIL Certification. Candidates who have completed ITIL v3 2011 Foundation or above are preferred.
- Location. Work will be performed in Richmond, VA.
- Productivity Software. MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook Calendar, Project, and Access), Adobe Reader, MS Sharepoint, and Visio.
- Server Operating Systems. System Administrator experience with Unix, Linux, and Windows Server operating systems and virtualization.
- Remote Management Tools. The ability to use remote management tools.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC¿s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
JOB POSTING: Mar 29, 2018, 2:14:58 PM
PRIMARY LOCATION: United States-VA-RICHMOND
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST CURRENTLY POSSESS: Other Clearance
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN: Other Clearance
POTENTIAL FOR TELEWORKING: No
SHIFT: Day Job
21 days 18 hours ago
applyServer & Storage Architect, Richmond, VA -VITA0257 Job Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) - Richmond, VA, United States
The setting for SAIC's startup in 1969 was not much different than that of many companies that begin with a few dollars and a good idea. Small, austere offices with rented desks and typewriters that have seen better days. People furiously working days, nights and weekends, hoping to curb the anxiety over the future. For SAIC, it began in offices with a tremendous ocean view (rented for $2.40 per square foot per year) in the sleepy village of La Jolla, California. "We had the added advantage of having as our next-door neighbor, a ballet studio," recalls founder J. Robert Beyster, Ph.D. "On the balcony in front of us, just to keep things light-hearted, the ballerinas would dance by as we did our research."
View More Jobs in Richmond, VA:
- View More Jobs in Richmond, VA
- More Server Storage Architect Richmond VA VITA0257 Job Jobs in Richmond, VA
- More IT Jobs in Richmond, VA
- More Engineering Jobs in Richmond, VA
- More Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) Jobs in Richmond, VA
View More Jobs in Virginia:
- View More Jobs in Virginia
- More Server Storage Architect Richmond VA VITA0257 Job Jobs in Virginia
- More IT Jobs in Richmond, VA
- More Engineering Jobs in Richmond, VA
- More Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) Jobs in Virginia