Sensemaking Research Area Program ManagerLockheed Martin Corporation - Arlington, NJ
Sensemaking Research Area Program Manager
Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Laboratories (ATL) is chartered with creating generation-after-next technology to enhance national security and help Lockheed Martin maintain technology dominance. As a group of applied research laboratories, ATL looks beyond current requirements to envision future capabilities and needs, exploring technology in informatics, cyber, materials, robotics, spectrum systems and others. Our researchers work closely with customers to create and shape opportunities and are skilled in applying evolving research to emerging operational problems for the DoD, Intelligence Community, and commercial partners. Our agile business structure is designed to swiftly respond to urgent needs. Our primary partners include the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), government service laboratories, and other Lockheed Martin companies. ATL also maintains research relationships with key universities, industry partners and thought leaders.
We are a group of professionals who develop and apply leading edge technologies to our customers’ most difficult problems and needs.
Candidate will be the Research Area Manager for Sensemaking technology in the Informatics Research Laboratory within the Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Laboratories. The primary function of this position is to develop and lead a group of 15-20 technology professionals to successfully:
• Identify innovative technology opportunities. Build and sustain relationships with thought leaders from the DoD community; the Intelligence community, academia, and Science and Technology (S&T) research funding agencies to identify high-value problems and high-payoff approaches.
• Develop customer advocacy. Align research group activities to customer goals, focusing on S&T funding agencies and early adopter organizations. Help customers shape new program concepts while gaining insights to align ATL investments and approaches to customer needs.
• Generate winning proposals. Assure that Research Area proposals effectively target key needs and communicate unique and discriminating technical approaches.
• Develop high-value technologies and capabilities. Exploit both internal funding and external contract opportunities to incorporate state of the art approaches, including emerging basic research results from academic partners, to develop and demonstrate innovative capabilities.
• Provide coaching and development opportunities to the research staff. Develop a “research culture” oriented environment where innovation is encouraged, and where staff find opportunities for publication, stretch assignments, and opportunities for outside research collaboration.
The Research Area Manager will interact with Lockheed Martin internal and external stakeholders to define, manage, track, and report status on research area and program efforts. Responsibilities will include research area staffing, planning, people management and professional development, and project and business execution. Applicants are expected to apply proven methods in program management to provide scheduling, financial and performance tracking, resource planning, and reporting on program efforts and progress.
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation.
This position may be located in CHERRY HILL, NJ or ARLINGTON, VA.
• Advanced degree in Science, Math, Engineering or similar discipline.
• At least 5 years R&D experience as Program Manager or Principle Investigator for advanced information exploitation technology applied research projects.
• Experience in defining R&D program objectives, preparing and presenting research plans and results to management and customers, developing research proposals, and planning, implementation, and tracking of R&D projects.
• Strong people and technical leadership skill with experience as a team leader.
• Previous experience in people management, including but not limited to hiring, coaching, and performance management
• Proven ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
• Ability to write key sections of proposals to win DoD-funded contracts, team with university and or government lab researchers, and collaborate with small and medium size partner companies.
• Strong understanding and proven expertise in the application of state-of-the-art techniques in Sensemaking, including one or more of these areas of interest: Artificial Intelligence, Big Data techniques; Data Fusion; Machine Learning; Data Analytics; Human-Machine Interfaces.
• Exceptional verbal and written skills and ability to present complex technical issues to customers, operational user advocates; and LM management as well as the ability to be a technical advocate for machine-based Sensemaking techniques.
• Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. Secret Security clearance that requires U.S. citizenship. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• 4 or more years of industry and/or government S&T experience.
• Recognized leader in Sensemaking technologies that embody Machine Intelligence (e.g. AI and Big Data techniques; Data Fusion; Machine Learning; Data Analytics; Human-Machine Interfaces;)
• Experience designing techniques relevant to social media exploitation, open source text exploitation, image and video exploitation, multi-INT exploitation, or large-scale structured data exploitation
• Proven record of winning and executing contract R&D programs.
• Demonstrated successful leadership and customer advocacy across a portfolio of related research projects.
• Established network in the research and technology communities in human systems integration.
• Appreciation of and willingness to apply a systems engineering approach to complex software systems, and an ability to interact with other scientific and engineering disciplines in the development of complex DoD systems.
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering (Systems), with emphasis on the Sensemaking technologies detailed above
• Familiarity and work experience in Command and Control (C2); Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) planning or analysis; Military Intelligence; Air, Space or Cyber Operations; or Special Operations.
• Experience in transitioning technology from the research environment to users.
• Willingness to travel.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Arlington New Jersey, Arlington Virginia
Lockheed Martin Jobs
9 days 3 hours ago
applySensemaking Research Area Program Manager Lockheed Martin Corporation - Arlington, NJ, United States
Our employees are the core of our business here at Lockheed Martin. As the leading global security & aerospace company—and the #1 IT provider to the U.S. government—Lockheed Martin is a 115,000 person-strong team working to support the U.S. and its allies in the research, development and sustainment of advanced technology systems & services worldwide. Specialties Aeronautics, Information Technology, Space Systems, Defense, Technology, Cyber Security Over one hundred years ago, on August 16, 1912, Glenn L. Martin established the Glenn L. Martin Company in Los Angeles, California. He started the company after building his first plane in a rented church, where he took a leap of faith on his risky but innovative new aircraft design at the urging of none other than Orville Wright. Four months later and four hundred miles away, on December 19, 1912, Allan and Malcolm Lockheed founded the Alco Hydro-Aeroplane Company, later renamed the Lockheed Aircraft Company. Talented mechanics, they set up shop out of a garage, constructing seaplanes that would shatter speed and distance records for overwater flights.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Sensemaking Research Area Program Manager
Cherry Hill, NJ
- Sensemaking Research Area Program Manager - Military veteran...
View More Jobs in Arlington, NJ:
- View More Jobs in Arlington, NJ
- More Sensemaking Research Area Program Manager Jobs in Arlington, NJ
- More IT Jobs in Arlington, NJ
- More Engineering Jobs in Arlington, NJ
- More Lockheed Martin Corporation Jobs in Arlington, NJ
View More Jobs in New Jersey:
- View More Jobs in New Jersey
- More Sensemaking Research Area Program Manager Jobs in New Jersey
- More IT Jobs in Arlington, NJ
- More Engineering Jobs in Arlington, NJ
- More Lockheed Martin Corporation Jobs in New Jersey