Senior Staff Paralegalcvr energy.com - Sugar Land, TX
This position, under general supervision, is responsible for the support and coordination of a broad range of administrative functions required for the ongoing effectiveness of the Company's Legal Services function. The position primarily is responsible for providing legal paraprofessional and related administrative support to the EVP, General Counsel and Secretary and other members of the Legal Services team. The candidate must be proactive, creative and possess strong administrative background and excellent communication and interpersonal skills enabling them to work and respond to members of the Board of Directors, C-level executives and senior leadership in a timely and efficient manner. This candidate must also be able to handle confidential and sensitive information and demonstrate sound judgment with regard to the processing of such information. In addition, this candidate must be detail-oriented with a positive attitude and must enjoy working as part of a collaborative team.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Paralegal Certificate required Bachelor's degree desirable
- 5+ years working as an in-house corporate paralegal preferably in the oil and gas field
- Ability to identify both business and legal issues and articulate same to internal counsel and stakeholders
- Experience working with contracts and various corporate documents preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of management and proven analytical skills
- Detail oriented with excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Diligence in completing projects in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy and minimal supervision
- Strong working knowledge of the formatting of affidavits, pleadings and discovery documentation drafting
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite desired;
- Fluent in English, oral and written required
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and staff and maintain high degree of integrity and sensitivity to handle confidential information.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written; ability to interact with C-level executives, senior executive team, management, and high-profile visitors.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments within deadline constraints
- Ability to occasionally adjust schedule to meet business needs
- Support the Company's corporate governance and securities functions including coordination of and assistance with Board of Director and shareholder meetings and meeting materials, current and quarterly reporting, D&O questionnaires and related activities.
- Assist in subsidiary management including minute book maintenance, secretary's certificates and corporate filings in conjunction with Accounting, Tax and other functions.
- Coordinate compliance activities including management of certifications and approvals under Insider Trading, Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Support the Company's attorneys in human resources and immigration matters including preparation of nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petitions, applications for adjustment of status, asylum, naturalization, and labor certification.
- Assist in contracting activities including preparation and review of leases, renewals/termination notices, check requests and associated contract file management.
- Support litigation and related activities including responding to garnishments and subpoenas.
- Lead the organization of the Legal Service function including maintenance of T360 invoicing system, coordination of bar and related filings, and assistance with legal budgets and accruals
- Possesses a high level of professionalism, integrity, reliability, discretion and confidentiality
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders while providing a high level of customer service
- Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions and legal articles, codes and documents.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures
CVR Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
8 days 8 hours ago
Please review all application instructions before applying.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Staff Counsel Contracts
- Senior Records Assistant
- Sr. Paralegal
- Senior Client Development Manager
View More Jobs in Sugar Land, TX:
- View More Jobs in Sugar Land, TX
- More Senior Staff Paralegal Jobs in Sugar Land, TX
- More Legal Jobs in Sugar Land, TX
- More cvr energy.com Jobs in Sugar Land, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Senior Staff Paralegal Jobs in Texas
- More Legal Jobs in Sugar Land, TX
- More cvr energy.com Jobs in Texas